Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Uncooperative

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Edited By stackboy

I really felt like destroying zombies, so I fired up Left 4 Dead 2 today.

I really enjoy playing this game single player. It's mostly because all my friends are really good at shooters and I'm pretty average these days, being older, more docile and spreading out my gameplay amongst far too many games, so I never get good at any of them really.  My friends all move ahead really quickly and know all the right strategies to use, so I never seem to learn anything for myself.

Anyway, I know this game wasn't really built for enjoying by yourself, but does anyone else enjoy playing the campaigns in single player?

I am probably going to face this alone...and enjoy it.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By stackboy

I really felt like destroying zombies, so I fired up Left 4 Dead 2 today.

I really enjoy playing this game single player. It's mostly because all my friends are really good at shooters and I'm pretty average these days, being older, more docile and spreading out my gameplay amongst far too many games, so I never get good at any of them really.  My friends all move ahead really quickly and know all the right strategies to use, so I never seem to learn anything for myself.

Anyway, I know this game wasn't really built for enjoying by yourself, but does anyone else enjoy playing the campaigns in single player?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I've spent more time playing L4D2 single player than online, mostly because I get kicked for not using a mic and because people are just dumb and terrible online.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ineedaname

I do sometimes for when I'm just looking to shoot, but most of the time I'm down for versus/realism versus.

I only dislike the SP because after a certain difficulty it becomes impossible with bots, but I find the normal ones a little too easy from playing excessive amounts of the game.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By louiedog

I played the first one on the 360 and only played through it maybe once in single player. Mostly I played local with my roommate and on Live. I had great experiences on Live, maybe because I started playing after the game had been out for a month or so and a lot of the 13-year-olds screaming into mics had gone back to Halo or Modern Warfare. 

With L4D2 I most played single player. I got it for the PC and there were too many jerks online. I'd be playing infected, at the top of the list for damage done, have killed a survivor, but mess up once while someone is watching and they would initiate a kick. And, for some reason, every time a kick is put to vote in that game EVERYONE joins in whether they know why or not. Apparently a good strategy is to be down a man when the survivors are close to the safe house. I also felt like I always ended up on a team with one guy who wanted to run as fast as possible without looking back and one guy who wanted to look behind every trash can, not a good combo. I had enough of that and stopped playing online.

Penelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Penelope
    @louiedog: THIS.

I finally started playing the original Left 4 Dead and I feel like I'm a pretty decent casual player. But apparently people take this co-operative game incredibly seriously and if I don't know exactly what the best way to play every encounter is I get kicked.  It's a game. It's incredibly fun to play even when you are losing. I hate this attitude that if you aren't perfect you get kicked.

Unless people are purposefully screwing up/griefing, I never kick them. Playing with players of multiple skill levels is fun.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I only play single player, your not the only one. I don't really like to play online games as much these days, even if it's co-op.

darkknightbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By darkknightbob
    @natetodamax: dunno what servers you play on buy I have NEVER gotten kicked for not using a mic. Seriously you can just use chat type. 
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous
    @darkknightbob said:
    " @natetodamax: dunno what servers you play on buy I have NEVER gotten kicked for not using a mic. Seriously you can just use chat type.  "
    Pretty sure he's playing on 360.
    darkknightbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By darkknightbob

That explains SOOO much. 

Personally the worse thing about L4D was the servers. Really unreliable .

loganjj11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By loganjj11

Dont like too, but end up doing it anyways cuz people quit or I get booted for no reason.  But I have to say if you are playing on Advanced or Expert or any difficulty with realism, please please use your microphone.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.