Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Official "What Champion Are You Rolling" Thread

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By valrog

And do you have any hints for the said Champion?

Me, I have Nasus and Shaco. For now. I just tried Zilean, and I have to say I like him a lot. I might even purchase him.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I don't "Main" anyone. I have all the champs right now, but if I'm trying to win I usually play Anivia.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By valrog
    @TheMustacheHero: You have every single Champion? Even Irelia? Wow, much respect. I'm struggling to get to 3k, I'm thinking of getting Warwick, but I might purchase Zilean instead. Or wait for a new Champion, although that might take a while.

Any idea when the new map is coming out?
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @valrog: Yep even Irelia, and still have 5k IP in the bank lol. Zilean is a fun champ and really useful with his ult and passive. Warwick on the other hand is a great jungler and when he jungles it gives one of your teammates another solo lane so your whole team can out level the enemy really fast, but I think he's really hard to play.

And I have no idea when the new map is coming out.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By benpack
    @TheMustacheHero: Me too!
    When I really want to win I play Anivia, otherwise I like playing Malphite, Corki, or Blitzcrank.
    Of course if it's a ranked game and Garen's free I won't hesitate to play him.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @GlenTennis: Garen is OP as balls.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By benpack
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @GlenTennis: Garen is OP as balls. "
    Exactly I gotta take him before someone else does!
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog
    @TheMustacheHero:  Wow. I figure next champ won't be 6300.

To be honest, I never jungled with Warwick (Well, at least not all the time), but I found him to be easier than Nasus. Maybe not easier, but I'm more successful with him.

@GlenTennis: Haha, tell me about it. It's really the only communication I see in the Champion Select Screen. Everyone wants Garen xD
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By EVO

I'm rolling Ruby:

No Caption Provided
    Oh.
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By yoshimitz707

Nunu for life!

monster9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By monster9999

Jax son, abusing dodge equals lolz
    Also im enjoying Swain and singed right now

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Been playing AP Master Yi the last few days. Usually play Pantheon or Taric.

Cathadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Cathadan

I've been playing Rammus as my main for several months now. As soon as I get to level 20 and spend all my saved up IP on runes I'll branch out into others. I look forward to getting good with Lux or Morgana soon.
    Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Synaptic

I'd go for Annie if you're looking for a dominant caster. Best melee dps right now might be Olaf, because of his ult. Best ranged dps is between mf and Corki (who is really annoying with his missiles). Amumu can win teamfights, Shen can save teammates, Taric is probably the best support in the game right now (since they nerfed the crap out of Sona). 

As far as what I'm actually playing, I rotate between Annie, Garen, Pantheon, Kayle.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Ryax
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " I don't "Main" anyone. I have all the champs right now, but if I'm trying to win I usually play Anivia. "
    i usually roll anivia, but ive been learning kass right now 

fucking love anivia's wall
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeffsekai

I play who ever my team needs. 

Normally a tank or support.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shirogane

Havn't played for AGES, but i used to use Veigar.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Ryax:  That's the LAST thing I get.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ryax
    @TheMustacheHero: its the last thing i get but its amazingly useful for when you need to trap or protect
    afriskydingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By afriskydingo

I really like gangplank

RaoulDo0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RaoulDo0k

I play a good Nasus, a serviceable Yi and Shen, and I just got Kennen after saving IP for a few weeks so I'm trying to learn him.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By valrog

I just bought Mordekaiser. I wanted to purchase Warwick, then thought about Zilean but then I didn't even think for a moment and just bought Mordekaiser. It was a spontaneous decision. Can't say that I regret it, either.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By beej

Rammus all day!

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ToxicFruit

I don't really main anyone but the champions I usually play are Amumu, Garen, Veigar and corki  
    ehem  
    DEMACIAAAA !!!!

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tordah

I usually play as either Singed, Taric, Gangplank or Sion.

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lifestrike
    Been rolling Fiddle since alpha!

That's back before his Crowstorm had a flash built in! He used to just activate it and... die.

I also use Karthus on occasion, I have a great respect for that champion and people who play him...

Interesting fact! Karthus has the second lowest overall champion plays (something like 2%) and the second highest overall kill / death ratio. 

So if you meet a Karthus, there is a statistically high chance he will be damned good.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By valrog
    @Tordah:  How is Singed? He looks rather interesting. I saw him only once, and he was pretty cool.
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tordah
    @valrog: He's very good at harassing if you team up with an ally champion that has a stun attack. Poison trail + sling = deadly. It forces enemy champions to be very wary unless they have a good counter for it. His ulti is really good for chasing down fleeing champions, and it's super satisfying to catch them and fling them back into your nasty poison cloud. One of the main reasons why I like playing with him so much.

He's more of a support character so you probably won't do too good if you try to solo a lane, but it's managable. At the end of a round I usually end up having lots of assists, but not too many kills.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jack268

I play Ashe because you play her in the tutorial >_> pretty good nuke too. I'm shit at DotA though 

Avatar image for thedukeofargyll
    TheDukeofArgyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheDukeofArgyll

I usually have to do a physical carry, it seems to tilt the scale in my favor.  Although if we don't have a tank, I will usually pick an underused tank like Gragas and just build to never die and hope my team knows who to kill first, they never do....

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By valrog
    @Tordah:  I don't mind being a support character as long as someone actually takes the lead. That's why I simply loved Zilean when I could assist a friendly champion who knew what he was doing and other times I just wanted to surrender. Also, I'm not really a kill whore, so assists work fine for me.

@Lifestrike: I saw Karthus today for the first time. And he/she was TERRIBLE!

Also, does anyone have any good tactics against Warwick? He just goes around murdering... Everyone.
    Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Tuggah

Haven't played in like a month but, Cho'Gath, Shen, and Malzahar are my dawgs.

Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
    deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually play as Twisted Fate, Xin Zhao, or Sivir

Mechwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mechwing

I usually play whats needed. which is sadly mostly tank =/ but i like playing as malphite, garen and gregas as tanks. didn't like all the shen nerfs

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CharlieTuna

I've been trying Denyplank lately (denying creeps with Gangplank) and it's a bit hit and miss, it's hilarious seeing how pissed people get though and do some seriously stupid stuff after they realize you're outleveling them. If all goes well you will be around lvl 7-8 with 1-2 kills (that's 2 v 1 usually, or more kills less levels if you lane with a powerful early game nuker like maybe Pantheon) and them being at about 4 hugging the turret so that you don't crit them down to half HP.

I kinda enjoy making the best of the "low tier" champs like him, I've yet to find a use for Jax these days, they should bring back old OP Jax, who honestly would not be very OP now.

Other than that Zilean and Mundo, fuck the AOE metagame and it's tryhards. Real men play throw cleavers and bombs.

But if I do want to try for real, it's always with Taric. Too damn good.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By valrog

Did anyone purchase Trundle?

I just bought Katarina (I know, I know, I should buy Zilean already), but I haven't tried her yet.

nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By nywt

With the group of people I play with I am almost always Sona however, lately I have been trying to learn to play tanks for when some people are not there. I'm trying Shen and Nunu and I'm still not too sure how I feel about either.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Codeacious

Zilean/Soraka/Sona.

Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Juvarial

Kog'Maw <3

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By valrog

Been playing some Ashe lately, and I absolutely love her. That wasn't always the case, though, and I wonder why. Oh well.

Still haven't tried Katarina, somehow I'm afraid that I'm going to be very bad with her... Hm.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JokerSmilez
    I typically play Garen. I only recently hit level 20 so I don't have all the runes I want to for him yet, so I mostly stick to him. 

On a whim, I blew a bunch of IP on a bunch of crit runes so I could play Tryndamere but was 0-6 in my first game with him, so I'm scared to try him again. 

@valrog
    said:
    " Also, does anyone have any good tactics against Warwick? He just goes around murdering... Everyone. "
    Try and mess up their jungling. I typically play with friends and usually when we see a WW on the other team, we go to their blue buff and try and get a kill and/or steal the buff.  

Also, and this is kinda high level stuff but my friend who is quite good was telling me about this method for playing against junglers where you can keep an eye on the game clock and their minion kills (via "tab") and guesstimate where they are in the jungle and at what stage of the pattern they are as well as when they are most likely to gank. For example, you can tell where they are starting by looking at the minion kills at around 1:55 or so. If they have 2 kills means golems. 3 kills means wolves, 4 kills means wraiths, 0 kills means blue buff which doesn't spawn till 1:55 anyway. If you read some warwick jungling guides online, you'll know the possible patterns and if you know what they're trying to do, it's much easier to stop them. Combine that info with the game time and their minion kills and you should able to pretty accurately guess where they are on the map and when it's possible to kill them or when they'll be trying to kill you. Typically, junglers gank right after red buff which a good warwick will get around the 4:30 mark so stay away from the river around then.  

In general, if there is a jungler on the other team (obvious if you see a Smite on the load screen or you'll know know pretty soon if someone is mia from the start) you want to let the other team push you to your tower, not the other way around. Often times, against a good jungler, you'll be pushing your lane hard, think you're doing well and out of nowhere, in swoops WW, Olaf, Shaco, etc. for a double kill. If you stay close to your tower and let them push you, it's much easier to not die and even get a few early kills when they screw up and misjudge your ability to stun and/or do damage. Also, it makes it much easier for your mid or jungler to come down and gank them as well as much harder for their mid or jungler to come down and gank you.
    Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dejkrigeren

I've been maining Tryndamere for a while now. His early game is absolutely balls but as soon as you get the Infinity Edge things start getting sweet. Plus spinning slash through walls = <3 

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By valrog
    @JokerSmilez:  Don't be scared, my first game with Katarina was 0-8-0... I panicked. I found a great guide on Leaguecraft, a nice item build and everything, decided to go with AP, but as soon as the loading screen popped up I forgot everything. Also, they had Veigar so AP was not the way to go. I couldn't remember any AD item recommendations (I did remember that Attack Speed is useless for her and some other stuff that I should not use), so I was just trying to buy neutral items. Didn't go too well.

Also, I never played against a jungler so far. So... yeah.

Anyway, this week has 3 free to play champions that are 6300. It's great. Karthus, Ezreal (I kind of like him) and Kennen (I really, really hate him).
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JokerSmilez

Well, I played a game last night with a straight terrible Trynd and they ended up with decent stats, so I guess I'll have to brave those waters again. 

To give you an idea of how bad this guy was, we lost after almost an hour and he still hadn't built an Infinity Edge.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By valrog
    @JokerSmilez:  I was in the same boat as you, but I fought the fear and played Katarina. A lot. I simply love her, she's my favorite Champion now. The fact that I'm playing with friends is so much better, because it just feels right. Not to mention that I can get a good advice every now and then and.... The whole thing, it just works.

Also, we won yesterday with me playing Urgot (Yeah, I picked him for some epic lol), and my stats were 3-3-3 with my items only being Ninja Tabi and an unfinished Frozen Mallet.

Edit: So it appears that the new Champion that is coming out is Katarina's sister. No, just... No.
    Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vade

Got like 30+ champs. I usually play a bit of everything but in team games my role is often support or jungler. When not playing with a full team I usually jungle or pick a solo lane. I also like playing all random all mid (ARAM), and I can do well with just about anything.

Favorites:

Jungle: Olaf, Rammus, Yi, Irelia, Evelynn 
    Solo: Gragas, Malphite, Morgana, Twisted Fate, AP Sion, Xin, Irelia, Cho
    Duo: Sona, Shen, Taric

edit. Oh yeah, hints. If you want something stupid easy and stupid good, play Sona. Basically you just max your Q and then your W, in teamfights you stay away and spam both. Use your ulti when stuff is next to you.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Just started playing. I roll Veigar, because he is Vivi.

IgnisPhaseOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By IgnisPhaseOne

My mains are currently Anivia and Irelia.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By valrog

Anyone here rolling Swain? I would like to hear some hints, if that's not too much.

And damn I hate overused free Teemo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.