Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lair

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 04, 2007

Follow the story of Rohn, a dragon rider, along his path of exploration as he discovers just what he is fighting for.

Bring Back Lair

Deadstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys just want to throw it out there that a game where you control a dragon would be amazing, so let's get a second game going. Thanks.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Games where you control a dragon. Drakan 3 please.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm sad that that game sunk Factor 5. Those Rogue Squadron games were good.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

What if a game like this features a teen boy with a 'tude who fights while listening to dubstep on his headphones. Just thinking out loud.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Skyrim did it already.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've previously posted in some sequel thread that Lair could be a game that really comes into its own in a sequel. There were brief situations in that game that were excellent - swooping over a battlefield roasting people and then stomping down to the ground and wrecking shop felt pretty amazing.

Unfortunately, Factor 5 is dead and gone. Someones else will need to pick up the mantle; though with the way Lair turned out, publishers might be pretty shy about delving into that territory again.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@audiobusting said:

What if a game like this features a teen boy with a 'tude who fights while listening to dubstep on his headphones. Just thinking out loud.

Get an in-game advertising deal with a major headphone maker, and we're in business ;-)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I like the 'world' of Lair. I like the 'look' of Lair. But, I think Lair didn't really work for long session of game play, it would have been interesting if 2/3 of the game were the player off their mount and doing other things.

roc_553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And while we're bringing back disappointing PS3 games from fairly respected developers, let's get a sequel to Haze as well.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played Lair but I'd LOVE a true Panzer Dragoon collection, let alone a sequel. Crimson dragon was sort of ok (the microtransaction hooks were patched to not be okay) but doesn't hold a candle to Panzer Dragoon Orta. The original panzer dragoon was IN Orta, so even though the Saturn can be a pain to emulate we know these games can be made to play on other systems (plus Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes had good XBLA ports, and if the 360 could run them then the One certainly can.)

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@bigsocrates: Yeah I didnt mind Crimson Dragon, but it was no Panzer Dragoon. I bought Orta a while ago for 360 and sent the game back because I thought the disc was scratched, as it turns out it was only backwards compatible to a point. The game looked really good and still holds up in my opinion.

Speaking of cool flight games / rail shooters are the Sin and Punishment games worth playing? I've heard good things but mainly from crazy Treasure fans.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like we want Drakengard 4. I rented Lair and remember thinking it was okay. It looked pretty though

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't the crummy sixaxis control the real reason Lair failed? Cause if we do a sequel on Kinect i'm sure that would work.

Honestly i remember being pretty excited about it until i heard about the controls.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#14 fisk0  Moderator

There was the Divinity strategy spin-off Dragon Commander a couple of years ago. It wasn't a fantastic game by any means, but it did let you fly around the battlefield as a dragon and supporting your troops. And there was some pretty good writing thrown in there for good measure too.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@boozak said:

@bigsocrates: Yeah I didnt mind Crimson Dragon, but it was no Panzer Dragoon. I bought Orta a while ago for 360 and sent the game back because I thought the disc was scratched, as it turns out it was only backwards compatible to a point. The game looked really good and still holds up in my opinion.

Speaking of cool flight games / rail shooters are the Sin and Punishment games worth playing? I've heard good things but mainly from crazy Treasure fans.

Up to a point? I played some early stages last year but does it eventually break if you're playing on 360? Orta's a bad ass game and I've been meaning to get back to it again.

Sin & Punishment 2 is a really cool game, I'd say it's worth a look. I played Dynamite Headdy a hell of a lot, so I don't know if that lumps me in with crazy Treasure fans, though.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@csl316: After doing a bit of research it turns out it may just be a PAL thing, and there's a work around if you put in 20 hours of gameplay.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ripelivejam said:

Wasn't the crummy sixaxis control the real reason Lair failed? Cause if we do a sequel on Kinect i'm sure that would work.

Honestly i remember being pretty excited about it until i heard about the controls.

It was a long time ago but according to my memory it was also stupid hard, and terrible at checkpointing. Which makes the bad controls even more frustrating. Its a perfect trifecta of video game poison.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam:

You could actually turn off that control and just play with the sticks like a normal game, though the way they marketed the game you would never have known that so I wouldn't be surprised if plenty of people avoided it due to the belief it would only control like that.
    However that being said, it's not like the rest of it was good, it was a little bit fun doing aerial combat with dragons, but the graphics were muddy and even the stick controls were kind of bad and the story was nonsense and it was alllllll just not great, really mostly very not great.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce:

Analog control was patched in after the fact. That explains why it wasn't in the marketing.

I think very few people have a lot of fondness for Lair the game, but Lair the idea was pretty cool, and I'd love Sony to just make another one ignoring the first. They wouldn't even have to call it Lair (why remind people of an old IP that wasn't liked?) It would be a very cool VR game potentially.

Plus anything that isn't a 3D shooter is exciting at this point. I'm looking at the known release schedule for the rest of the year and great googly moogly it's just shooters as far as the eye can see, with a few smaller games sprinkled in.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Ahh okay, my bad, I played it years after it was released so I assumed it had just been in there.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

huh.... amazon reviews.... 37% actually like the game. Huh, time has treated Lair well.

No Caption Provided

Actually, my 2 year old niece LOVES Dragons.... but I don't want to show her brown, gritty dragons. I want show her like pink and purple dragons, or even Flammie from Mana.

No Caption Provided

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games where you control a dragon. Drakan 3 please.

Order of the Flame? I played the crap out of it on the PC back in the day. That game was pretty bad ass - it always sucked when you were forced to dismount the dragon for a while, but that made the flying sections awesome, as you're one shotting orcs that you had to dodge and weave through earlier in the level.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.