Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Why Do I Have To Kill The Helghast When They're The Good Guys?

• 61 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Awesome blog man, and I agree with your points, playing as the helghast would be great.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By trophyhunter

killzone 3 you play as sev but as a helghast

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Red12b

Apart from a few has anyone even played KZ1? If you did you would know it came out with a very cool propaganda manual, there was story, but it did not sell. so for the masses they made KZ2. For people that just like to shoot a big gun (or penis enlargement as I call it, look at how powerful my Gun is, it's so big) Look at the end of the day they focussed on the graphics and gamplay, the story is there you just have to look for it, and my god it's a good story that could have a bit of the prophetic in it....

nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By nixium

I didn't read the history like that at all.

When I read the history I got the impression that neither group could really be the considered the "good" side. But I think that can make things even more compelling. If you tell the story of a individual from either side who has to wrestle with the morale implications of how his or her actions impact the society he or she is a member of.

I haven't played the game yet. I fully intend to play it very soon though. But if I'm reading this blog post correctly it sounds like story takes a very backseat position opposed to shooting things.

Do you think a KillZone FPS with some sort of choice of who and how you accomplish your goals would fit better into this complicated game world? Also with some sort of game mechanic that will influence the population of Helghast resistance to you. IE certian regions will be more open to having ISA troops there granting your squad bonuses while fighting in that region or something.

Let me give you an example of how I think one mission such as this could work.

Mission objective: Capture and disable a civilian communications tower the Helghast are using to transmit military orders from.

How to complete:

Route 1. Blow it up and not care about the fact the civilian population will suffer from no communications to other regions (IE hospitals, requests for different resources, etc...)

Route 2. Take a hacker character with your squad, making it smaller and therefore the mission harder. When you get to the tower the hacker character can block all Helghast military communications but leave civilian ones open. During this hacking time though you have to defend it from a Helghast counter attack.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By EpicSteve

Because humans being the alien invaders is an interesting plot point

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By boatorious
    jakob187 said:
    HandsomeDead said: "Well, no, but he is the director and so had the creative control on the project. That being ... [more]

I don’t think Robert Heinlein said anything on a DVD commentary for Starship Troopers on account of his being dead.

It is likely, however, that Paul Verhoeven said as much, but he’s an idiot.  He made an awesome book into one of the worst movies of all time.  If he really believes that the bugs in the book were jews he’s an irredeemable anti-semite.  They have no emotions, no morality, and most of the bug race has no capacity to reason.  They are either unwilling or unable to communicate with the human race.  They basically know how to travel in space and kill.

Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Scieran

I don't perceive them as the "bad" guys. They're just a faction.

FrEeZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By FrEeZe

Well when does a war ever come down to Pure Good vs Pure Bad?

Killzone 2 did a great job of raising that question because you are undeniably invading another planet. Your on their territory rolling tanks through their cities.
    And not to mention your on the side that has a Giant Space Ship with a Nuke hovering over their planet.

No Caption Provided

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DECA555

fools. The ISA is not on Helghan to storm the libraries and study up on helghast history. The story is fleshed out, just not through the eyes of a soldier. 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60  Edited By Ineedaname

I couldn't play the Helghan knowing I'd never get to hear a visari speech again =/

UltimateAero8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I wish I knew. Helghast for life!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.