Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

See Ethan Rant. Rant Ethan, Rant! (Video Blog)

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By unclejohn0525

Another rant-o-licious video blog. What can I say, I'm passionate about what I play.

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By unclejohn0525

Another rant-o-licious video blog. What can I say, I'm passionate about what I play.

DeVeAn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DeVeAn
    • xShr3dx is an idiot...lol j/k.
    • Killzone 2 demo was fun, I don't like FPS games.
    phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By phlegms

Oh how I wish I had a ps3 :(

millerlight789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By millerlight789

This kid is bitching he dosen't like these game because he sucks at them, wow dude you need to think shit over before you say things. Also why the hell do you swear so much your like what 12, 13.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By gearhead

Hey Miller Light and Black Shade Dark try not to be such an a-s-s-w-h-o-l-e-s.
    If you have nothing good to say, don't say shit.

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By ElectricHaggis
    I agree that the Resistance games are forgettable, mostly because they are so derivative and generic.
    As for the Killzone 2 demo, it was so short that I couldn't form much of an opinion.  It seems like it could be great if there is some variety in the gameplay.
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

this guy looks like a douchebag imo, don't take it too personal, its just my opinion.

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By unclejohn0525

Wow! Killzone sure does have its fanboys! Anyway, I know that if I played the game I'd be able to form a fair opinion, but everybody is going to judge a game based on first look impressions, and that's all I'm expressing in this video. My first look impression of the game is NOT a good one. Looks just like every other derivative first person shooter that has come out in the past years, but with really, REALLY good graphics. Jeez, now I know not to post anything negative in the Killzone 2 thread, haha.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By gearhead

Ethan, have you seen the Sessler Soap Box that I posted in my blog a couple days ago. It will explain all. ;)

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By DragoonKain1687

And here we have a potential killer, he has all the ticks too. Better call the police or the FBI soon before he kills his family or school members

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By unclejohn0525

Yeah, I watched that, Gearhead. All I said in the blog is that basically, I'm gonna judge a game based on its singleplayer ONLY from now on. Sessler even said that the game doesn't have the best singleplayer, and while that isn't very descriptive, I probably know what he means. The game's singleplayer is probably JUST like everything else out there. I'll have to watch their review of it, but the game just looks that way. I'm glad I'm not bashing the game because I'm a Microsoft fanboy or anything, because I'm not. I don't even own an Xbox, I have a PS3. I'm bashing the game because I just know it wil be like every other FPS that has come out in the last couple years. At least I state my reasons, unlike the people that Sessler quoted. It's really a matter of money, and whether I wanna waste that and my time on another derivative FPS. LOL, Gearhead, go check out the profiles of the first couple assholes who commented, particularly BlackShade. His profile is completely decked out in all things Killzone. The other couple people have a ton of posts in the Killzone forums. Haha, Fanboys.

xShR3Dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xShR3Dx

Yeah man RE 5 is the fuckin shit.
    Devean has down sindrom.
    Killzone 2 demo was pretty fun. Alot better then the Resistance series.
    Resistance games I found to be very meh.....

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#14  Edited By strangeling

Oh man... you expect to get flamed at Gamespot, but not so much here... but you post this same video both places?  You're gonna attract them here.  They'll probably come just so they can flame you both places.

Heaven forbid someone doesn't like Killzone 2.  I can totally see where you're coming from.  Killzone 2 doesn't look like anything special to me either.  That's not to say it's not a quality title or won't be any fun, it just doesn't stand out as any different than other shooters to me.
    eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eric_buck

I agree 100% about that FPS thing. I'm not sure about Killzone but there are waaay to many similar FPSs, including resistance.

Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shinryu

I completely agree with your sentiment Ethan. Too many developers are resting their laurels on what is tried and tested rather than trying to be innovative!

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By unclejohn0525

Thank you, Shinryu! Exactly my point. And BlackShade.... "Noob"? Really? Last time I heard that was like 3 years ago. But seriously, I can see where you and everyone on the Killzone board are coming from. I'm immediately writing-off Killzone 2, and I'm calling it derivative without even playing it. I know how that seems very short sighted, but everybody has to do that sometimes. Right now in particular because of all the great, NON-FPS games coming out in February and March alone. Games like Street Fighter 4, MadWorld, Pikmin Wiimake (never played the original, so it's new to me), Loco Roco 2, and Resi 5 to name a few. It's times like these that you need to pick and choose carefully the games that you spend your money on, and Killzone 2 is just a game that is wwaaaaaayyy down on the list for me, mainly because of all the reasons I pointed out in the V Blog. Also, the game has the worst demo marketing in the history of video games. You have to buy the game before you can try it? Jeez, if I could actually play the demo, then I could formulate an opinion based on PLAYING it rather than SEEING it.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By get2sammyb

Did you just wank all over Resident Evil 5 ONLINE co-op and then say you don't like online games?

Or did I misinterpret that.

EDIT: Ok you clarified yourself after I posted that. You then go on to judge Killzone 2 by Resistance 2's merits.

You're allowed your opinion mind. If this game is not for you then fair enough. I could call up on a whole host of contradicting points you make (to paraphrase: "give me originality like Dead Space and Resident Evil 5") but I'm scared I'll get lynched by everybody for defending Killzone so I won't bother.

You sound like you just don't get on with space marine shooters, and while I TOTALLY know where you're coming from here, I have to say I enjoy the gameplay in these games very much. Even if I am bored to death of the same storylines and mechanics (thankfully Killzone 2 sets itself apart in it's actual gameplay feel).

EDIT2: If you really want to you can obtain the demo from the European PSN. Takes 2 minutes to set up an account. Just a heads up.

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By unclejohn0525

Thank you for intelligently challenging my argument, get2sammyb! That is the sort of discussion and debate that I like to see on gaming sites, so I'll challenge right back. And please do defend Killzone 2 if you disagree with me! As long as you are doing it intelligently, I'm sure people will listen. I will, at least.

I did say in the video that if it is online CO-OP, I will gladly try it out, and hopefully enjoy it. I just can't get into competitive multiplayer in most FPS games. There have been a select few over the years, but I just can't bear it, generally.

I have to disagree with you on the strong comparison between Dead Space and Resi 5. Well, not entirely by any means, as Dead Space can relatively accurately be described as "Resident Evil in space". While you can draw comparisons between the two games such as the over the shoulder view, and the obvious similarity of putting the "undead" to rest, they are both considerably different experiences from one another, and most other games. Dead Space is all about the desolate, lonely atmosphere, and being spooked by these hideous monsters. Also, Isaac is a bit more mobile, being able to move and shoot, which lightens the tension a bit. Resident Evil 5 (and 4, for that matter) throws zombies at you in sheer numbers, expecting you to use your environment to outwit the zombies, especially with the inability to move and aim at the same time, heightening the tension.

You've got it, I'm really not partial to space marine shooters. I've been suckered into playing too many at this point, and like I said, I'm sick of it. It was never my favorite genre, and all the samey games coming out aren't helping.

I guess I could create a Euro account... But really, the marketing behind the U.S. release of the demo is plain DUMB.

Thank you for your comment, get2. Probably one of the smartest ones here.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kratos81

Your video blog sucked, get a tan and some sleep. 

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By unclejohn0525

A quote from a forum post by you, Kratos...

"You dont have to be a dick just because you dont agree with someones opinion."

Hmm, do you know what the word, "hypocrite" means?

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Absurd
    Gearhead said:
    "Hey Miller Light and Black Shade Dark try not to be such an a-s-s-w-h-o-l-e-s.
    If you have nothing good to say, don't say shit."

Shit, And anyone on the internet can say whatever the fuck they want. (Even though them mods beez watching us)
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kratos81
    unclejohn0525 said:
    "A quote from a forum post by you, Kratos...

Hmm, do you know what the word, "hypocrite" means?"
    It was not you opinions, that I cared about. I didnt see the point of the blog, or why you would want to post it on this forum, unless you were just looking for attention. Looking back I shouldnt have posted at all, but the video annoyed me. Sorry
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By get2sammyb
    Kratos81 said:
    "unclejohn0525 said:

It was not you opinions, that I cared about. I didnt see the point of the blog, or why you would want to post it on this forum, unless you were just looking for attention. Looking back I shouldnt have posted at all, but the video annoyed me. Sorry"
    Then you probably shouldn't reply. Dude is just posting a blog but instead of doing it with written word he's using a video instead. Nothing to get annoyed about but... seeing as it does annoy you, just hit the "back" button in future instead of "post reply" ;)
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pause422

I was going to  listen to the whole thing but I couldn't quite bring myself to after hearing that Res Evil 5 was the best demo you've ever played :\ and no, I'm not being an ass btw, and thats fine that you think that, I just can't possibly grasp that.

jadewiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By jadewiz
    BlackShadeDark said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "unclejohn0525 said:

It was not you opinions, that I cared about. I didnt see the point of the blog, or why you would want to post it on this forum, unless you were just looking for attention. Looking back I shouldnt have posted at all, but the video annoyed me. Sorry"

Damn right Kratos !
    You certainly pwned the sunuva ;)"

No, No, No. He did not "Pwn" him. You, sir, are just making yourself look like a bigger idiot than you already are.
    jadewiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By jadewiz
    BlackShadeDark said:
    "jadewiz said:
    "BlackShadeDark said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "unclejohn0525 said:

Damn right Kratos !
    You certainly pwned the sunuva ;)"

No, No, No. He did not "Pwn" him. You, sir, are just making yourself look like a bigger idiot than you already are."
    Hehe, Do I look like I care about "yoooouuuurrrr" opinion "JadeWizard" ! ; - )"
    Kind of hard to care about someones opinion when they havent expressed it yet, isnt it?
    That, good sir, is what you would call a "Pwn"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.