Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Killzone2 demo impressions...

KiwiJulce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By KiwiJulce
    Kinda dissapointed. Guess i let the Hype of MORON fanboys who make SHIT like "hype threads" get to me.

horrible choice of sections. they couldve picked a better part of the game to show off. (remember, a demo is there to get you excited about the game and to sell it to the people who dont know much about the game).........you cant really do that with a dull warehouse thats like 5 mins long.........

the starting was great (with the beach landing and what not), and the part where you get to blow up the bridge was great too. it was building up and it felt like the game was leading you into this Intense scene and the climax was around the corner...................

................and then you enter this Fucking horrible indoor warehouse garbage and drizzle through a buncha generic thugs that have Shit for brains.  in the second play through i just used the pistol and bashed them with the butt of my gun.  Gone are the awesome COD4 like Set pieces, the open areas, the "part of a bigger war" feel, and the Last bit of color was sucked off as well .........and right when youre like, awesome, im gonna get to go outside again, the games gonna get much better now,  the fucking thing ends......wtf??? 

im skeptical about the game now. if most of the game is full of these horrible dark indoor environments, that looks like a page out Fear (with dumber AI) im gonna fall asleep mid game. hope Online is Half Decent, or else i know i will be trading this in.

Btw, some people over at Gaf, GS and what not are complaining about how the controls are Bad. They're not "Bad", its just Floaty. its not as tight as something like Gears or COD or even Resistance. It takes a bit of getting used, but nothing major
    KiwiJulce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By KiwiJulce
    Kinda dissapointed. Guess i let the Hype of MORON fanboys who make SHIT like "hype threads" get to me.

horrible choice of sections. they couldve picked a better part of the game to show off. (remember, a demo is there to get you excited about the game and to sell it to the people who dont know much about the game).........you cant really do that with a dull warehouse thats like 5 mins long.........

the starting was great (with the beach landing and what not), and the part where you get to blow up the bridge was great too. it was building up and it felt like the game was leading you into this Intense scene and the climax was around the corner...................

................and then you enter this Fucking horrible indoor warehouse garbage and drizzle through a buncha generic thugs that have Shit for brains.  in the second play through i just used the pistol and bashed them with the butt of my gun.  Gone are the awesome COD4 like Set pieces, the open areas, the "part of a bigger war" feel, and the Last bit of color was sucked off as well .........and right when youre like, awesome, im gonna get to go outside again, the games gonna get much better now,  the fucking thing ends......wtf??? 

im skeptical about the game now. if most of the game is full of these horrible dark indoor environments, that looks like a page out Fear (with dumber AI) im gonna fall asleep mid game. hope Online is Half Decent, or else i know i will be trading this in.

Btw, some people over at Gaf, GS and what not are complaining about how the controls are Bad. They're not "Bad", its just Floaty. its not as tight as something like Gears or COD or even Resistance. It takes a bit of getting used, but nothing major
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

Ok, I don't want to look like the Killzone "anti-negative" brigade seeing as I'm obviously the one you refer to ("morons who make 'hype' threads") but I just cannot stand to see someone say this game is floaty. What!? It's like anti-floaty. You shoot your gun and it recoils all over the place hence it's not "tight". That's because the gun is juddering in his hands so you have to control your bursts. The gun feels heavy, the movement feels heavy, it's all meant to feel like you're a dude kitted out with armour with a powerful rifle in your hands. I suggest you play with the control settings if you wish to correct this.

I agree the demo could have had something "more" - the warehouse section not being the most interesting but then I doubt they want to give much away.

Out of interest how can you tell that the "CoD4 like set pieces" are gone when... well... it's a 5-10 minute demo? And even in that time you got to blow up a bridge and got ambushed by a ton of Helghast.

Your entitled to your opinion, I just wanted to question a few things.

EDIT: And to conclude, if you let yourself get too excited that's your problem Mister. If you actually read my thread then you'd find out it was just a collection of all the latest links, videos, reviews and news as it broke. It wasn't people collectively wanking over the GiantBomb forum screen and taking photos of the cum they'd just sprayed over the Ballet Of Death trailer.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_
    get2sammyb said:
    "Ok, I don't want to look like the Killzone "anti-negative" brigade seeing as I'm obviously the one you refer to ("morons who make 'hype' threads") but I just cannot stand to see someone say this game is floaty. What!? It's like anti-floaty. You shoot your gun and it recoils all over the place hence it's not "tight". That's because the gun is juddering in his hands so you have to control your bursts. The gun feels heavy, the movement feels heavy, it's all meant to feel like you're a dude kitted out with armour with a powerful rifle in your hands. I suggest you play with the control settings if you wish to correct this.

I agree the demo could have had something "more" - the warehouse section not being the most interesting but then I doubt they want to give much away.

Out of interest how can you tell that the "CoD4 like set pieces" are gone when... well... it's a 5-10 minute demo? And even in that time you got to blow up a bridge and got ambushed by a ton of Helghast.

Your entitled to your opinion, I just wanted to question a few things."
    That's probably why he has it confused with floaty. He mentions the controls not being "tight", which I guess means he didn't like them as much as "holy shit this gun weighs 0.1 kg" like in CoD or any other game. Getting used to "drag" like that can make controls feel slightly "floaty" (although it's really the opposite of that definition) or unresponsive sometimes.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crunchUK

Oh so this is where everbody's gone in the irc?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By get2sammyb
    Jayge said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "Ok, I don't want to look like the Killzone "anti-negative" brigade seeing as I'm obviously the one you refer to ("morons who make 'hype' threads") but I just cannot stand to see someone say this game is floaty. What!? It's like anti-floaty. You shoot your gun and it recoils all over the place hence it's not "tight". That's because the gun is juddering in his hands so you have to control your bursts. The gun feels heavy, the movement feels heavy, it's all meant to feel like you're a dude kitted out with armour with a powerful rifle in your hands. I suggest you play with the control settings if you wish to correct this.

Your entitled to your opinion, I just wanted to question a few things."
    That's probably why he has it confused with floaty. He mentions the controls not being "tight", which I guess means he didn't like them as much as "holy shit this gun weighs 0.1 kg" like in CoD or any other game. Getting used to "drag" like that can make controls feel slightly "floaty" (although it's really the opposite of that definition) or unresponsive sometimes."
    I can understand his reaction. On my first go I was like... "God this is tough to aim" but I think it's one of those things you have to keep trying at. I admittedly changed the control scheme to the CoD one and preferred it but I enjoy the heavy feel of the controls. Aiming is tough but I totally get that it's meant to be.

It's not CoD. I recommend a couple more playthroughs Kiwi. It's took me 4 playthroughs before I feel totally happy with the way the guns feel. It's awesome.

My advice would be to fire and then after a short burst pause for 0.5 second. If you just hold down R1 your bullets will spray everywhere (as they would in real life).
    KiwiJulce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KiwiJulce
    get2sammyb said:
    "Ok, I don't want to look like the Killzone "anti-negative" brigade seeing as I'm obviously the one you refer to ("morons who make 'hype' threads") 
    I didnt even look at who made the thread. just saw a few post in it where people were doing the exact thing you described at the end of your post,  whether you deny it or not its your problem.  As i am sure im not gonna change someones opinion (especially the kinda person who makes....LMAO....."hype threads") 
    Sorry if you have emotional investment in a videogame, but i dont, so i cant just gloss over the flaws of this game like you do.  if that offends you, sorry.

get2sammyb said:
    what are you crying about over here? i am the one who actually defended the controls.  if you stop foaming your mouth for a second and read, I said some people are bashing the games controls because they're not like COD4/Resistance etc.  You cannot snap to a target and have fast paced shoot outs.  it drags a bit and isnt tight like the shooter i mentioned. The game is slower and you get used it to after awhile. i dont have any problems with the controls.

And i know what burst fire is, please keep your "teh OMG realism jittering hands soooo intense realz" garbage you pulled up to defend the game for later use (and for a person that actually says the controls are Bad, theres gonna be quite a few) because as i said i dont have problems with how it controls. it just takes getting used to.

get2sammyb said:
    Again, please read.  the "cod4 like set pieces" were gone BECAUSE I WAS IN A Fucking Warehouse for the half of the demo.  Thats how i could tell how those scenes were gone, because there were 4 dark walls surrounding me and blocking those scenes from happening.

My concern for the game is, usually devs take the best part of the game and put it in a demo, and if in a 5-10 min demo half of it takes place in a Warehouse..........there will be SAD things to come.

i played through it 3 times already, initial, pistol playthrough to test how dumb the AI is and the third was just exploration. i dont have to play through it the 4th time. just dont have the patience to run through a garrage again. 3 was enough. 

Sorry i offended you. dont let other peoples opinions hurt your feelings. bye mate. Im off to play some Resistance2

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By samcotts

KiwiJuIce, are you always this vile?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By get2sammyb
    samcotts said:
    "KiwiJuIce, are you always this vile?"
    I've never seen a post by him before but I'm going to assume so.

Mr. Kiwi, you did defend the controls but you then described them as floaty. They are not floaty, they are heavy. If you're well versed in burst fire then you should get the accuracy you seem to require.

I have no other reason to discuss this with you. Don't try to pretend I was the one who got my knickers in a twist over a difference of opinion. Your post clearly suggests otherwise.

Enjoy Resistance 2, it's a great game. I can tell Killzone 2 will have a helluva lot more depth even from the 7 minutes I played of it. But that still takes nothing away from Resistance being an excellent game.
    dtran1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dtran1212

playing the game right now, damn, its gonna take a while to get used to the controls. the graphic is no doubt top notch, gameplay feels uncomfortable at the momment, but i know i'll get used to it eventually. i think when the full game comes out, this game will be pretty awesome.

KiwiJulce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KiwiJulce
    get2sammyb said:
    "samcotts said:

Mr. Kiwi, you did defend the controls but you then described them as floaty. They are not floaty, they are heavy. If you're well versed in burst fire then you should get the accuracy you seem to require.

I have no other reason to discuss this with you. Don't try to pretend I was the one who got my knickers in a twist over a difference of opinion. Your post clearly suggests otherwise.

Enjoy Resistance 2, it's a great game. I can tell Killzone 2 will have a helluva lot more depth even from the 7 minutes I played of it. But that still takes nothing away from Resistance being an excellent game."
    Seeing as youre the one who came into my blog trying to defend a game that means the worlds to you, and started giving me lessons on burst firing and the "zomg how realizm is affecting teh controls" maybe you should stop going around a message board making sure no one has anything negative to say about the game youre so emotionally invested in and take lessons in accepting the difference in opinions. 
    wow, look what im saying.....im asking some brainwashed kid to see the flaws on the game he's been waiting since he saw that fake trailer at e3....LMAO. like thats gonna happen.  Floaty controls? youd be arguing this is the best thing since slice bread even if the game gave you herpes.  Youre the kinda people Adam Sesslar was warning others about. Disgrace.

And NOW youre trying to bring up how Killzone is better than Resistance?? and what qualifies you to say that? a 5 min demo? LMAO!!! so much for logical conversations.  Go back to your thread, over there people will circle jerk with you around the game.  If youre going to comment on someone else blog, keep your sonyslave koolaid to yourself.  

life lesson, thats what happens when you reply to a guy whose sad enough to make a "hype" thread, you waste 10 mins of your life. oh,LMAO!! and giving yourself +1s and wont make the Floaty controls any better.  now i know why people on Gaf were shitting on giantbomb's community.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
    KiwiJulce said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "samcotts said:

Enjoy Resistance 2, it's a great game. I can tell Killzone 2 will have a helluva lot more depth even from the 7 minutes I played of it. But that still takes nothing away from Resistance being an excellent game."
    Seeing as youre the one who came into my blog trying to defend a game that means the worlds to you, and started giving me lessons on burst firing and the "zomg how realizm is affecting teh controls" maybe you should stop going around a message board making sure no one has anything negative to say about the game youre so emotionally invested in and take lessons in accepting the difference in opinions. 
    wow, look what im saying.....im asking some brainwashed kid to see the flaws on the game he's been waiting since he saw that fake trailer at e3....LMAO. like thats gonna happen.  Floaty controls? youd be arguing this is the best thing since slice bread even if the game gave you herpes.  Youre the kinda people Adam Sesslar was warning others about. Disgrace.

And NOW youre trying to bring up how Killzone is better than Resistance?? and what qualifies you to say that? a 5 min demo? LMAO!!! so much for logical conversations.  Go back to your thread, over there people will circle jerk with you around the game.  If youre going to comment on someone else blog, keep your sonyslave koolaid to yourself.  

life lesson, thats what happens when you reply to a guy whose sad enough to make a "hype" thread, you waste 10 mins of your life. oh,LMAO!! and giving yourself +1s and wont make the Floaty controls any better. 
    "
    dude...shut the fuck up. 
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Haven't played much, but breifly:
    Graphics are fucking amazing
    Solid shooting (in terms of satisfaction and whatnot)
    It feels like war

that being said
    the gunplay doesn't seem like it'll be competitive.  competitive gunplay is based on a cause and effect principle.  there's too much chance here (bullets spread randomly, debree, etc.)
    it's not as good as it looks

but now, I'm going to make this a day 1 purchase, definately

KiwiJulce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KiwiJulce
    TwoOneFive said:
    dude...shut the fuck up. "
    Why? "ZOMG This is game is the end all be all, it made my dreams come true" you want that? sorry go somewhere else if you cant take the truth. 
    Get the Fuck of my blog
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422

It's still a gamefly for me, but thats not a big deal seeing as every console game I'm in interested anymore I'm just doing that to, I don't have a reason to buy them. Didn't get to the demo yet...wish there was some multiplayer in it though.

Also, I'm not siding with anyone on this litle argument above, but if someone states their opinion without starting it off with 'KZ2 blows, sony is terrible any xbox game is better', just let them have their opinion. Who cares if you don't quite agree with it exactly, its fine really.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive
    KiwiJulce said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    Why? "ZOMG This is game is the end all be all, it made my dreams come true" you want that? sorry go somewhere else if you cant take the truth. 
    Get the Fuck of my blog
    "
    lol nah, you are just bitchin like a little girl. i respect your opinion about the game, even though i do disagree, but everyone has different opinions and you are being a complete asshole about it. you are just being annoying as fuck and nobody on giantbomb cares. you are new here i see so maybe you should get used to the lade back community, this isn't dumbass gamespot system wars or some shit. 
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gizmo

I got my PS3 today, downloaded the Killzone demo, played it.

It makes COD4 look like a Playstation 2 game. And I really enjoyed it, I think the multiplayer will be a lot of fun.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TwoOneFive

also, id like to know what is wrong with a hype thread? its just a way of keeping all the discussion on an upcoming game in one place, it doesn't mean the guy who created it or anyone who posts in it is some mindless fanboy freak. 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422
    Gizmo said:
    "I got my PS3 today, downloaded the Killzone demo, played it.
    It makes COD4 look like a Playstation 2 game. And I really enjoyed it, I think the multiplayer will be a lot of fun.
    "
    Thats a bad example Gizmo, seeing as I know plenty of Playstation 2 games that are better than 360/PS3 games :P
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TwoOneFive
    pause422 said:
    "Gizmo said:
    "
    Thats a bad example Gizmo, seeing as I know plenty of Playstation 2 games that are better than 360/PS3 games :P"
    lol good call. 
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By get2sammyb

Ahh *sigh* there's no reasoning with this guy. Shame he didn't enjoy the game but... ah well that's what makes life interesting.

Don't care much for his attitude, mind.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crunchUK
    TwoOneFive said:
    "pause422 said:
    "Gizmo said:
    "
    Thats a bad example Gizmo, seeing as I know plenty of Playstation 2 games that are better than 360/PS3 games :P"
    lol good call. "
    he meant graphically durrrrrrr
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TwoOneFive said:
    "also, id like to know what is wrong with a hype thread? its just a way of keeping all the discussion on an upcoming game in one place, it doesn't mean the guy who created it or anyone who posts in it is some mindless fanboy freak. "
    The hype thread was my suggestion and was mainly cause the board kept getting cluttered with new topics about every minutia regarding Killzone 2. It didn't seem to take entirely since a shitload of new threads popped up about peoples demo impressions.

I hope we establish that for the next big wankfest like Halo: ODST which no doubt SmugDarkLoser will suck off with the same fervor you have Killzone 2.

Oh yeah and fuck all yall for hating on KiwiJuice here. Sure he's a smidge abrasive, but at least he's not a rabid fanboy tearing down the game with stupid slander or praising it to the high heavens as if it's the second coming. I don't agree with his assessment, but underneath all his vitirol he managed to make coherent points.
    I for one hope he stays, but that he wouldn't mind being a little more civil. This isn't System Wars you know.
    randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By randiolo
    KiwiJulce said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    Get the Fuck of my blog
    "
    if your gona be a dick then get off our forums
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By TheHBK

I guess people defending the game could say, hey this is a realistic game because the gun weighs more than a pound, well yeah, but this is a game.  If the way the gun handles gets in the way of having fun, then we have a problem.  Being good at it is well and all but is the game fun?  Thats the point of a game, not to be realistic, otherwise you would have Gran Turismo or NFL Coach for simulation.  But when you have bodies flying all over the place with alien invaders, having a realistic handling gun is not exactly something that I want to immerse myself.
    And, Sammy, stop going into every Killzone thread to defend your girlfriend no matter what criticism it has, even if its valid.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By atejas

Word around /v/ is that it takes the heavy, sluggish controls that worked somewhat well for Gears and put them in an FPS.
    The end result, I hear, was not pretty.
    Or rather, it was pretty and precious little else.

Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Big_D

3.5 hours to download. 10 min to play. It was ok.

funny thing was  i just got done playing COD 4 and what a difference those 2 games are.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gizmo
    atejas said:
    "Word around /v/ is that it takes the heavy, sluggish controls that worked somewhat well for Gears and put them in an FPS.
    The end result, I hear, was not pretty.
    Or rather, it was pretty and precious little else."
    I had to play the demo about 5 times before the controls felt like something I could get really used to.
    SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SoothsayerGB
    Big_D said:
    "3.5 hours to download. 10 min to play. It was ok.

funny thing was  i just got done playing COD 4 and what a difference those 2 games are."
    Then stop downloading porn.  yeah yeah, I'm sure your not.

Also I agree.  The controls were a little funky at first.   Because I'm so used to CoD 4.  Not used to using both L1 and L2.  But after a while they grow on you.  Great demo.

voghan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By voghan

It is pretty crappy that  the demo isfine minutes of game play and a minute of video.  The controls didn't feel good to me and I didn't think they were as tight as COD.  The game does look good but I hope they add some more colors and it's not all brown all the time.  It's clear this game doesn't have as detailed an environment as Gears of War 2 or half of it's color palate. 

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By get2sammyb
    TeflonBilly said:
    Sure he's a smidge abrasive, but at least he's not a rabid fanboy tearing down the game with stupid slander or praising it to the high heavens as if it's the second coming.
    He did make coherent points but a "smidge abrasive" is somewhat of an understatement.

Whatever, if people want to think I'm a rabid fanboy defending my "girlfriend" they can -- I've already pointed out frequently that it took me 7 playthroughs of the demo for it to "click".

I'm just finding people are playing for ten minutes and instantly moaning it's not CoD. Which I find disappointed. It's their prerogative mind. I enjoyed the demo. Feel free to not enjoy it, just please give it a fair shot first.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kratos81

I finally got around to playing the demo. It was alot better then I was expecting, I didnt have a problem with the controls. I just left them on default and they worked great. The only problem I can see is the graphics are way over hyped. Gears2 blows this away, not that it really matters, but this game was way over hyped on graphics, I was expecting more. I had fun with the demo, day 1 purchase for me.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
    Kratos81 said:
    "I finally got around to playing the demo. It was alot better then I was expecting, I didnt have a problem with the controls. I just left them on default and they worked great. The only problem I can see is the graphics are way over hyped. Gears2 blows this away, not that it really matters, but this game was way over hyped on graphics, I was expecting more. I had fun with the demo, day 1 purchase for me."
    did you play this on a HD tv? i have a 32 inch HD Samsung LCD and it looks amazing, best lookin game i played so far.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kratos81
    LiveOrDie1212 said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "I finally got around to playing the demo. It was alot better then I was expecting, I didnt have a problem with the controls. I just left them on default and they worked great. The only problem I can see is the graphics are way over hyped. Gears2 blows this away, not that it really matters, but this game was way over hyped on graphics, I was expecting more. I had fun with the demo, day 1 purchase for me."
    did you play this on a HD tv? i have a 32 inch HD Samsung LCD and it looks amazing, best lookin game i played so far."
    I have a 52' samsung lcd 1080p. Its not a bad looking game. Just not all it was hyped up to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.