Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Killzone 2's Warzone>Party Systems (eg. COD4)

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Killzone 2 doesn't have a regular party sytem that you may be used to nowadays. This is because Killzone 2 has a new feature called warzone, which makes the whole party system unnecessary. You and your friends join a warzone match. Warzone rotates the modes and after the round, you get to vote for the map you want to play next, you NEVER have to leave the game, your friends can just join in, it's not like you need to enter a party, wait for the match-making to find the game and then go into the game lobby. Killzone 2's system is much easier and simpler, you and your friends can basically play whichever maps you want to play with other people without ever having to exit the game lobby. It's very fast, easy and simple.
    dtran1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dtran1212

nice to know

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

I don't get what makes this different than any other party system.

More games should copy TimeShift's multiplayer component. The most underappreciated multiplayer ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That sounds just as annoying as Halo 3's ranked multiplayer.
    Random ass game modes on random ass maps. Sure you can vote and whatnot, but it doesn't seem like a huge deal.

And I know I might sound like an asshole towards TwoOneFive, but couldn't this easily have been in GetSammy2B's Killzone 2 thread?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By get2sammyb
    TeflonBilly said:
    "Sure you can vote and whatnot, but it doesn't seem like a huge deal.
    Basically being that the game mode changes while you're navigating the map IN game. So it doesn't quit you out like in CoD where you wait in a lobby for 40 seconds or whatever; the idea being they you join a game and you keep going until the current playlist ends or whatever.

The objectives etc change in realtime. It's quite a cool idea but not so great if you want a cup of tea.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crunchUK

um so basically you join a game and do multiple rounds? i seem to have missed the "greatness" of it

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By get2sammyb
    crunchUK said:
    "um so basically you join a game and do multiple rounds? i seem to have missed the "greatness" of it"
    It's just like instead of having a playlist of game types where you have team deathmatch, capture the flag or whatever instead of quitting the game, waiting in the lobby and reloading, the game will automatically drop you into the next section while you're in the map.

It keeps the whole experience sleeker and "more like a war".

It's nothing "truely amazing" in my opinion but it's a nice touch. That's even if my understanding of the mode is correct -- I know some people on here have played it who may be able to clarify.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayge_

I still don't understand what makes this different at all, besides using a slightly unconventional system of switching games.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422
    Jayge said:
    "I still don't understand what makes this different at all, besides using a slightly unconventional system of switching games."
    Its not any different, its just basically your basic setup of what happens on games like TF2 on PC.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By get2sammyb
    Jayge said:
    "I still don't understand what makes this different at all, besides using a slightly unconventional system of switching games."
    It doesn't make it "different" it just makes the experience a wee bit more streamlined I'd assume.

Like I said, it's a nice touch but it's nothing totally amazing in my opinion. Although, I haven't played the game yet so I actually can't comment on how it makes the experience better/worse. Can a beta tester come and clear up please. I have heard from testers that it's a pretty nifty idea.
    Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Thunder

its just player matches that are ranked

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lieutenant

So I get forced to play multiplayer modes I don't want to play?
    Also do you work for guerilla games? The whole post reeked of PR while trying to justify warzone over party systems.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By get2sammyb
    Lieutenant said:
    "So I get forced to play multiplayer modes I don't want to play?
    Also do you work for guerilla games? The whole post reeked of PR while trying to justify warzone over party systems."
    No. You don't have to play Warzone I don't believe.

And your whole post reeked of negativity trying to justify why you wouldn't want to play it when admittedly we know nothing about it. ;)
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zitosilva

So the basic difference is that it doesn't have that 20 second countdown after each match like in COD 4?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By get2sammyb
    zitosilva said:
    "So the basic difference is that it doesn't have that 20 second countdown after each match like in COD 4?"
    And instead you keep playing while the game mode changes.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zitosilva
    get2sammyb said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "So the basic difference is that it doesn't have that 20 second countdown after each match like in COD 4?"
    And instead you keep playing while the game mode changes."
    Aside from the tea problem you pointed out, it sounds interesting.
    Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lieutenant
    get2sammyb said:
    "Lieutenant said:
    Also do you work for guerilla games? The whole post reeked of PR while trying to justify warzone over party systems."
    No. You don't have to play Warzone I don't believe.

And your whole post reeked of negativity trying to justify why you wouldn't want to play it when admittedly we know nothing about it. ;)"
    Good to know. I don't want to it to be like Halo 3 where the whole team is forced to jump around with rocket launchers the whole game in till someone dies.

If  "admittedly we know nothing about it" then why does the OP and yourself have such strong opinions for it?
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By get2sammyb

To clarify this is from Eurogamers multiplayer beta hands on:

All of these modes can be mixed up in Warzone mode, which allows the host to serve up a conveyor belt of challenges all on the same map without having to dip in and out of the lobby between game types. While not particularly innovative, it's still a thoughtful addition and one that keeps the gameplay moving and reasonably varied without spoiling the flow.

Lieutenant said:

If  "admittedly we know nothing about it" then why does the OP and yourself have such strong opinions for it?
    "
    Can't comment on someone else but I don't believe I have strong opinions on this. All I've said is based on what I've heard and I stated that in my posts.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayge_
    get2sammyb said:
    "To clarify this is from Eurogamers multiplayer beta hands on:

All of these modes can be mixed up in Warzone mode, which allows the host to serve up a conveyor belt of challenges all on the same map without having to dip in and out of the lobby between game types. While not particularly innovative, it's still a thoughtful addition and one that keeps the gameplay moving and reasonably varied without spoiling the flow.

Lieutenant said:
    "
    Can't comment on someone else but I don't believe I have strong opinions on this. All I've said is based on what I've heard and I stated that in my posts.
    "
    That's interesting. It *does* sound like a more refined version of TimeShift, although TimeShift's similar option included a ridiculous amount of changeable settings. Second only to Halo 3. Cool. I wish I had a Triple. Or a friend with a Triple.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TwoOneFive
    zitosilva said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "zitosilva said:
    And instead you keep playing while the game mode changes."
    Aside from the tea problem you pointed out, it sounds interesting."
    warzone matches don't last forever lol, but if you reallly want that cup of tea you shouldn't play warzone. duh. you can still play the normal way. 

Lieutenant said:
    lol wow! i'm just excited for the game whats the big deal? i think the feature is a nice touch and thought it would be worth discussing. You just seem like you are flaming. You are clearly hating on this game and I doubt you can come up with a good reason why. 

now as for your question: "So I get forced to play modes I don't want to play?" The answer is NO. First off you shouldn't play warzone if you don't feel like it, so nobody is forcing you to do anything. You can, of course play each mode with individual rounds the normal way if you want to. Warzone is sort of like COD4's Team Tactical and Ground War modes in that each round is a different mode, except that there isn't waiting between rounds and if you are the one hosting the warzone match, YOU CHOOSE WHICH MODES TO PLAY! Now If you don't feel like playing someone elses warzone because it may require you to play a mode you don't want to, don't play it man, you do have something called free will. lol so hard to understand i know. But even so, you can still play warzone and NOT be forced to play a mode you don't want to, just create the match and make up the playlist yourself. And like I said, playing the normal way is still there buddy. 

(but seriously, is there really a mode you dislike so much that you'd refuse to play it?)

I think its a mode best played in clan matches since everyone can vote on the map so nobody can complain about it not being their best map and you can create the playlist and agree on which modes not to play or play them all, so either way its fair and nobody can complain that they had to play a mode they don't like. 
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Sounds like Call of Duty 3. You could vote on maps in that.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwoOneFive
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "Sounds like Call of Duty 3. You could vote on maps in that."
    yeah its better that way. it was annoying in cod4 when you'd vote to skip a map you didn't want to play, just to be put on shipment playing Team Tactical S&D. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwoOneFive

i think you guys all missed the main point of this thread though. there is no party system in killzone 2. but there is warzone instead. i think its better. 

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cheapoz

So it's the exact same as COD4, but it doesn't go back to a lobby screen in between rounds, and you don't get to choose what the hell you want to play?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Cheapoz said:
    "So it's the exact same as COD4, but it doesn't go back to a lobby screen in between rounds, and you don't get to choose what the hell you want to play?"
    *facepalm*
    i will quote myself. 
    TwoOneFive said:
    Warzone is sort of like COD4's Team Tactical and Ground War modes in that each round is a different mode, except that there isn't waiting between rounds and if you are the one hosting the warzone match, YOU CHOOSE WHICH MODES TO PLAY! Now If you don't feel like playing someone elses warzone because it may require you to play a mode you don't want to, don't play it man, you do have something called free will. lol so hard to understand i know. But even so, you can still play warzone and NOT be forced to play a mode you don't want to, just create the match and make up the playlist yourself. And like I said, playing the normal way is still there buddy. 

I think its a mode best played in clan matches since everyone can vote on the map so nobody can complain about it not being their best map and you can create the playlist and agree on which modes not to play or play them all, so either way its fair and nobody can complain that they had to play a mode they don't like. 
    " and there is no party system. man.... phew!
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoOneFive
    get2sammyb said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "um so basically you join a game and do multiple rounds? i seem to have missed the "greatness" of it"
    It's just like instead of having a playlist of game types where you have team deathmatch, capture the flag or whatever instead of quitting the game, waiting in the lobby and reloading, the game will automatically drop you into the next section while you're in the map.

It keeps the whole experience sleeker and "more like a war".

It's nothing "truely amazing" in my opinion but it's a nice touch. That's even if my understanding of the mode is correct -- I know some people on here have played it who may be able to clarify."
    yeah, i have, played the beta homie. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.