Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Killzone 2 Multiplayer designed for Noobs to play???

MrSATURNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrSATURNZ

While i was playing Killzone 2 and debating if that guy that just killed me used skill or was just a noob, i got to thinking. I found in most, not all, of the classes have seemed to have the perfect abilities for a noob to benifit from. For ex.

Standard - Not so much the soldier, but the weapon. I'm PRETTY sure that the assualt rifles are one shot head shots. While this is not very noobish, it is incredible cheap for spray and pray and long range. Also it seems like 3/4 of the clip to the body kill but 1 headshot. That is insane. Especially for a fully auto gun.

Engineer - Not so noobish, but hell that turret sure does wonders while camping

Assault - what was Guerilla thinking. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GIVE PEOPLE ROCKET LAUNCHERS ON SPAWN!!! to many times have noobs ran into a room, shot the floor with the rocket launcher, got a suicde, but killed 4 people in the process. The only strategic value a rocket launcher plays is destroying ammo and turrent emplacements. The gernade lauchner i have no problem with, but the rocket launcher is a huge problem

tactician - Now the spawn gernades are sorta a double edge sword for noobs. Don't get me wrong, these provide good, tactical play, but in the hands of noobs ruin everything. The set up spawn camping for people who are on the spawing team, and for people that are on the other team, set up a constant flow of enemies, allowing for hard times defending areas. One noobs runs into an area where the other team is defending, pops a smoke, gets his ass kicked, but him and his team are back there in a sec because of the spawn. This makes the gameplay hectic and allows for less strategy. There could be a few potenial fixes for this. Allow the other team to destroy the gernade or cover it up by holding circle, much like defussing a bomb. If the gernade was placed properly, the other team would get the person trying to destroy the bomb. Another fix is not allow the use of spawn gernades in mission areas (areas that are highlighted in green on the map) execpt for in assassination. This prevents the constant spawn and endless amounts of enemies.

Scout - Two things with scout that make them perfect for noobs. 1. one shot body shot sniper 2. cloak. A good sniper knows where he could snipe without the enemy finding him and a good sniper can pull off headshots. Two things that Killzone doesnt help him with

I find nothing significantly wrong with the medic or sabetour. Just don't revive in the middle of a firefight and be on your toes for a sabetour, but the other classes got me worrying. Small fixes here and there could make multiplayer significantly more fun for people who want strategy but don't want to do anything with a clan.

You agree or disagree?

P.S. I hopes y'all dont mind no bad enlgash not don;ts chaaa!!!

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Gizmo

Yes, it's a spam-fest, but it's a mighty good looking spam-fest.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I couldnt stand Killzone 2, sure it looked pretty, but man oh man where the controls god awful.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

They decided to go the noob-friendly "casual-gamer" route with the last few patches.

Before that, only the Assault class was unbalanced and cheap.

The Engineer was teetering on the brink of cheapness with it's powerful long-range shotgun but they firmly pushed it over the edge with the sniper turrets tweek. Also the shottie still appears to have AA and takes little to no aim.

The Sab's SMG was fine before but they turned it into a headshot magnet.

The M4 is still a ridiculous weapon.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

You know... Call of Duty gives you rocket launchers on spawn. Personally, I hate memorizing spawn points and running around the map fighting for weapons, rather than fighting the opposite team.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Afroman269

Theres flaws that noobs exploit in every game.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By meptron

I agree with the damage a noob tactician can do to your team. I don't agree with you saying the engineer isn't noobish. I'd argue that it's the most noobish of classes because the shotgun does not require much in the way of aim and can one-shot kill at mid-range (although not all the time).

I won't even get started on the rocket launcher...
    thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By thiago
    TheMustacheHero said:
    I couldnt stand Killzone 2, sure it looked pretty, but man oh man where the controls god awful.

The only ones who seem all upset about the controls are the COD fanboys who thinks all FPSes should be a carbon copy of COD.

KZ2 has problems in the multiplayer, but not in the single player. A hint, the controls aren't one of them. If you cite the controls then it means you haven't played more than 5 minutes of the demo.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    thiago said:
    TheMustacheHero said: I couldnt stand Killzone 2, sure it looked pretty, but man oh man where the controls god awful. ... [more]
    I own the game, I played about 5 levels in and couldn't take it anymore, besides, I can't stand COD either I think it's way overrated.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By fr0br0
    TheMustacheHero said:
    thiago said: TheMustacheHero said: I couldnt stand Killzone 2, sure it looked pretty, but man oh man where the controls ... [more]
    You no likie the shooters then?
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ineedaname
    @thiago: Every shooter has the same shooting mechanism with tweaks, it's not just CoD.

killzone gave a whole new system that wasn't needed or very good.

On a side note the multiplayer is just a big play on team fortress, the game itself wasn't very good, the single player was just naf really, the story was just afk.
    It looked good though.
    And I have the same thoughts as you on that rocket launcher.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    Fr0Br0 said:
    TheMustacheHero said: thiago said: TheMustacheHero said: I couldnt stand Killzone 2, sure it looked pretty, but man oh man where ... [more]
    I mean, some shooters are good. I guess I just like getting places faster, your character seemed to slow, and when you die in half a second by a shotgunner and have to spawn all the way to the other side of a map it gets frustrating. I suppose it was more of a difficulty thing than a control thing, but controls are definitely a part of not being able to turn around fast enough or run from an enemy. I dunno, I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea.
    Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Nettacki

I have no real problem with the controls, and I've played A LOT of FPSs, across both PS3 and PC. Besides, there ARE sensitivity adjustments...

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ket87

I can't believe I just seen someone bitch about head shots being one hit kills, every day is a surprise.

Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Scieran

^ Trust me, the longer they play, they'll get over it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killzone 2 is a lot different then most shooters and it turns a lot of people off as they have taken a different route then the fast paced shooters like Cod and Halo.
    But sure KZ2 is "Noob friendly" my friend started playing a few days ago and he is doing great so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.