Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Killzone 2 Gameplay (Personal Analysis)

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

After have been playing Killzone 2's multiplayer portion off and on since its release, I have found that the gameplay at its current state may-be somewhat contradictory.

On one hand the gun movement and character model movement, as well as bullet physics seem to dwell in the realm of realism.

On the other hand the inability to take cover seems to give players an incentive or forces them to jump into battle in a manner more similar to halo or COD4.

These two aspects seem to contradict each other, this might be just an educated guess, but it seems as though killzone 2's multiplayer is the way it is because originally the gameplay was centered around the concept of taking cover. The developers state that in QA the cover system was found to be a detriment to the player experience due to the 360 degree battle experience. I agree with this, I don't think a cover system works in a 360 degree battle styel environement (with 32 players and respawns) unless there are highly communicative individuals working together on the same team.

Although the cover system didn't seem to make sense, I think a leaning system might work much better, allow players to avoid all or nothing type tactics.

I also find that another change could help improve the killzone 2 player experience.
    -Limit on how many players are allowed to use a certain class in a match.

Although I don't believe any such changes could practically occur for this installment of the Killzone series, but it may help as a guide for further gaming experiences following a similar route.

If anyone else has ideas on how Killzone 2 multiplayer could be improved your welcome to post here.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By angelkanarias

its multiplayer is perfect for me. I like it not having cover system, it would be crazy with it. and the class limit would be shit. I can't imagine me not being allowed to get the medic or the shotgun when I wanted. but I guess we have different tastes, no prob.

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hairydutchman

Do you guys know why your character sometimes swings with the weapon instead of shooting? I get killed many times in MP because of that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.