Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Killzone 2 Demo Situation Clarified

• 60 results
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By get2sammyb
    TeflonBilly said:
    "No, it's still idiotic. Instead of benefiting their console and the game in any way, they'd rather pocket the Gamestop money.
    It's like KZ2 and PS3 aren't high up on their priority list saleswise. Get2sammy, I like discussing shit with you, but to even attempt to defend this is asinine.
    It's a terrible, terrible move which most people won't care about and which will just raise the ire of us looking forward to it.
    I shouldn't care at all, since I live in Europe, but it sets a pretty terrible precedent and we should all nip this in the bud before it escalates into more idiocy."
    But dude, they've said they are putting the demo out a day before the game releases. Exactly what is peoples problem with this now?

It's not early enough? Most games don't even get a demo at all, let alone before release?

I don't exactly see what Sony have done wrong here. I understood some of the complaints when people thought they weren't going to get the demo unless they preordered but now it's been confirmed they will there's no problem at all.

It's marketing 101. Like the other post said it's about holding enough back so you can generate interest and then when it starts to die down you can hit people with more interest.

Virtually every company employs similar tactics albeit slightly different depending on their market.

I just don't think we're going to agree on this: if as you're suggesting they just put the demo on PSN in early-February for everyone; Sony lose those two weeks of forum posts where the "special few" (those that preordered) rant on about how awesome the game is. The people that read those posts feel compelled to find out for themselves, thus dropping another preorder, which previously might not have happened.

Just to clarify: I would feel this way about any game. I'm not just arguing because it's Killzone. Honestly.
    MacGyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By MacGyver

like you said Sony should be putting this demo in cereal boxes to get word out, they need to move consoles hardcore. Plus i also think gamestop is a sleezy  almost back alley business selling opened games as new and there whole buy back system they have going. YUCK! anyway its just simply comes down to sony thinking that they have a product that is too good to benifit from any help. its kinda sad for a ps3 lover like myself. :)................

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By wardcleaver

If the original KZ had been some runaway hit, I might possible understand Sony going this route.  However, given that the first game received less than stellar reviews, they should be trying to get this demo in as many people's hands as possible, as soon as possible.  Kinda like "See, we redeemed ourselves!  It is safe to buy KZ2!"

rerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By rerty

Retarted

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Optiow

Its a bugger I can not preorder it.

TheJadeAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By TheJadeAngel

No Jeff you are not missing out on any hidden secrets ... Its Sony and its disability  to see reason within its own bloated corperate shell .   Sony has a track record of not being able to understand what its consumers are screaming at them and have even turned on their fan base in the past .   You are 100% on the money when you talk about the Demo being widely available to all gamers , it really should be .   Even the advertising for this game is lacking in a major way as has already been mentions by Jeff .  

I went down to my local EB Games shop recently to ask about the game and if it was possible to pre-order and the poor guy was clueless .  A gamer working in a games store scratching his head looking confused at what i imagine is going to be a fantastic title for the PS3 just dosn't seem like good Advertising now does it...  !?

Is there some magical marketing strategy that people are missing ? Nope its just Sony !

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By LiquidPrince
    rerty said:
    "Retarted"
     You spelled it wrong...

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By get2sammyb
    TheJadeAngel said:
    "No Jeff you are not missing out on any hidden secrets ... Its Sony and its disability  to see reason within its own bloated corperate shell .   Sony has a track record of not being able to understand what its consumers are screaming at them and have even turned on their fan base in the past .   You are 100% on the money when you talk about the Demo being widely available to all gamers , it really should be .   Even the advertising for this game is lacking in a major way as has already been mentions by Jeff .  

I went down to my local EB Games shop recently to ask about the game and if it was possible to pre-order and the poor guy was clueless .  A gamer working in a games store scratching his head looking confused at what i imagine is going to be a fantastic title for the PS3 just dosn't seem like good Advertising now does it...  !?

Is there some magical marketing strategy that people are missing ? Nope its just Sony !"
    Hello, my name is TheJadeAngel and because I can has an opinion on the T'Internet I know exactly what's best for a multi-million $$$ company.

Although I do agree that Sony should be starting to turn the hype wheel right about now and they don't appear like they're going to bother at all. Meh, I'll still get to play the game.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By Snail

It still is dumb that they are not released outside America.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Media_Master

I don't see this being a huge issue, considering the game looks amazing

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Optiow

But a demo is good yes?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.