Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Killzone 2 Demo Impressions

xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Edited By xAbleAssassinx

The demo is single player only and has like 2 sections of one level, it takes about 10 mins to play through but u will no doubt play through it more than once. The controls take some getting used to, u hav to toggle iron sights but hold cover, it doesnt really make much sense to me but once uv played it a few times u strt too not notice the awkwardness. For more standard or call of duty style controls u can pick the "alternative 2" configuration, but because you have to hold R2 down to stay in cover rather than just press it, it makes close aiming with L1 a little annoying because your then using both fingers on the left shoulder buttons.   

Visually the game is definitely one of the best looking out at the moment, i dnt know if its the masterpiece that people call it but it really is stunning, it all just looks very very nice, and the lighting is incredible, lens flares when u look at the sun look real, the water is a tad plain though, and up close some textures are a bit bland. But what it lacks in texture it makes up for it outstanding detail.  

Either way you get used to the controls and the game bcomes very fun, a tad hard at times but fun all the same, ull probbaly notice alot of little details in the presentation that most games dont have; the particle effects, motion blur, the gravel scattering as you walk. The game is beautiful and actually quite fun to play as well.   

P.S The loading screens are semi 3D, tilt the SixAxis to manipulate them.
    xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By xAbleAssassinx

The demo is single player only and has like 2 sections of one level, it takes about 10 mins to play through but u will no doubt play through it more than once. The controls take some getting used to, u hav to toggle iron sights but hold cover, it doesnt really make much sense to me but once uv played it a few times u strt too not notice the awkwardness. For more standard or call of duty style controls u can pick the "alternative 2" configuration, but because you have to hold R2 down to stay in cover rather than just press it, it makes close aiming with L1 a little annoying because your then using both fingers on the left shoulder buttons.   

Visually the game is definitely one of the best looking out at the moment, i dnt know if its the masterpiece that people call it but it really is stunning, it all just looks very very nice, and the lighting is incredible, lens flares when u look at the sun look real, the water is a tad plain though, and up close some textures are a bit bland. But what it lacks in texture it makes up for it outstanding detail.  

Either way you get used to the controls and the game bcomes very fun, a tad hard at times but fun all the same, ull probbaly notice alot of little details in the presentation that most games dont have; the particle effects, motion blur, the gravel scattering as you walk. The game is beautiful and actually quite fun to play as well.   

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

yeah, can't wait for this game

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackWaterCO
    xAbleAssassinx said:
    "The demo is single player only and has like 2 sections of one level, it takes about 10 mins to play through but u will no doubt play through it more than once. The controls take some getting used to, u hav to toggle iron sights but hold cover, it doesnt really make much sense to me but once uv played it a few times u strt too not notice the awkwardness. For more standard or call of duty style controls u can pick the "alternative 2" configuration, but because you have to hold R2 down to stay in cover rather than just press it, it makes close aiming with L1 a little annoying because your then using both fingers on the left shoulder buttons.   

"
    Yeah, my thoughts EXACTLY

I was shocked at the texture quality and lack of effects on the weapons, but meh, its going to be a solid game

8.5 out of 10 for the demo
    Magresda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Magresda

This demo got my pre-order right away. First time ever in a game that I've actually had flashes of "Wow, this shit looks REAL".

Apart from the obviously amazing graphics I really enjoyed the slow(er), more deliberate movement. It was a change that took some getting used to, but it really sets it apart from say CoD or Halo.
    BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackWaterCO
    Magresda said:
    "This demo got my pre-order right away. First time ever in a game that I've actually had flashes of "Wow, this shit looks REAL".
    Apart from the obviously amazing graphics I really enjoyed the slow(er), more deliberate movement. It was a change that took some getting used to, but it really sets it apart from say CoD or Halo.
    "
    Crysis looks way realer

EDIT: Realer, not really a word lawl
    xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xAbleAssassinx
    BlackWaterCO said:
    "Magresda said:
    "This demo got my pre-order right away. First time ever in a game that I've actually had flashes of "Wow, this shit looks REAL".
    "
    Crysis looks way realer

EDIT: Realer, not really a word lawl"
    haha lol im sure Dave from sarcastic gamer would disagree :P 
    p.s anyone interested in checking out my gaming blog - http://ourmisspentyouth.blogspot.com
    BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlackWaterCO
    xAbleAssassinx said:
    "BlackWaterCO said:
    "Magresda said:
    "
    Crysis looks way realer

EDIT: Realer, not really a word lawl"
    haha lol im sure Dave from sarcastic gamer would disagree :P 
    p.s anyone interested in checking out my gaming blog - http://ourmisspentyouth.blogspot.com
    "
    good for him, he's blind :)

Dark_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Dark_Shadow

My impression... for a 1 gb demo, it was pretty short. *sobs* I wanted to see a bit more. - Anyway, I liked the bit I played.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.