Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Killzone 2 demo from gamestop!

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By shadows_kill

if you reserve killzone 2 at gamestop the week of January 5th you get a killzone 2 demo code. im not sure if this is in canada or not but it is in the US

linky (its under the bonus offer)

i hope they show whats the special edition by then so i can reserve that :)

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

D:
    ReTarDedFisHy wants.
    But he can't have.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

I kinda don't want to play a demo of the game before it comes out. I presume they'll put it on PSN a short while after. But argh - I want to be totally blown away by the full thing. So I'm going to avoid any demos.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kilzombie

I want to play the game so bad....
    not long now, before you know it it'll be February!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crunchUK

um doesn't that defeat the entire point of a demo? "you can play it... so long as you buy the game"

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shadows_kill
    crunchUK said:
    "um doesn't that defeat the entire point of a demo? "you can play it... so long as you buy the game"

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????"
    you can always cancel the reserve if you dont like it.. also alot of people where probable going to reserve it anyway this just makes it so more people reserve it. its sorta like when you reserve the game you get in the beta for it...

get2sammyb said:
    "I kinda don't want to play a demo of the game before it comes out. I presume they'll put it on PSN a short while after. But argh - I want to be totally blown away by the full thing. So I'm going to avoid any demos."
    i doubt it will go on psn before release but i can see why you want to avoid any demos
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By PufferFiz

Do you know if this is single player only or what?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shadows_kill

im guessing single player cause i would think they would say online demo or multiplayer demo or they would just give beta codes for mulitiplayer demo

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By chililili
    shadows_kill said:
    "im guessing single player cause i would think they would say online demo or multiplayer demo or they would just give beta codes for mulitiplayer demo"
    I think it will be multiplayer because reading interviews and hearing the devs talk they are very special about their multiplayer and that it goes as smooth as possible so maybe it will be multiplayer as that would serve as yet another way to stress test the servers.
    Da_Muffin_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Da_Muffin_Man

Ugh, how many more days until I can bask in Killzone 2's glory?!?!?!?!

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lieutenant

Anyone know if you can preorder -> get demo code -> cancel preorder?

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By uberpwner93

I was wondering when it was. Thanks.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By get2sammyb

Presumably the demo is just going to be a portion of the first level or something?

Sony must have confidence in the game to pull this off.

jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jangofett88
    shadows_kill said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "um doesn't that defeat the entire point of a demo? "you can play it... so long as you buy the game"

you can always cancel the reserve if you dont like it..
    And we all know how hassle-free it is to cancel a pre-order at gamestop. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to side with crunchUK on this one. However, as long as they make the demo available to everybody eventually, then it's not that offensive. I think Jeff said it well on one of the Bombcasts, "The minute you start monotizing the demo, we have all lost."
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By get2sammyb
    jangofett88 said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "crunchUK said:

you can always cancel the reserve if you dont like it..
    And we all know how hassle-free it is to cancel a pre-order at gamestop. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to side with crunchUK on this one. However, as long as they make the demo available to everybody eventually, then it's not that offensive. I think Jeff said it well on one of the Bombcasts, "The minute you start monotizing the demo, we have all lost.""
    Don't get me wrong, I do agree with the sentiment here. I think it's just an incentive though at the end of the day. They are competing against the preorder bonus of a theme or Playstation Home outfits (Amazon). GameStop are just saying "Hey, if you guys preorder from us we'll let you play a little bit of it before it comes out. Awesome, huh?"

But I kinda get where you're coming from. The thing is the people that want Killzone 2 are going to preorder demo or no demo so I'm looking at this as incentive.

It's quite a risky one in my opinion though. Sony must know the game is brilliant because, well, if it wasn't some people might play it and have their order cancelled by February.

They are building the hype way too early for this game in relation to it's release date. This should all be happening at the start of February. I hope they have some stuff prepared to keep the hype train going. Otherwise the game will have run out of steam by February.

I do worry whether Sony know what they're doing sometimes. *rolls eyes*.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crunchUK

Demos aren't some kind of "bonus" they're supposed to be free and for you to determine wether you want this game or not

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By get2sammyb
    crunchUK said:
    "Demos aren't some kind of "bonus" they're supposed to be free and for you to determine wether you want this game or not"
    Yeah and I agree with you. Honestly. But I think they're doing this from another angle - most people who are going to preorder Killzone 2 are buying it day one whatever happens right? Whether they play a demo or not they're going to buy the game. So I think Gamestop giving away this demo is from a different angle to how you're thinking - they're kinda saying "we know you guys are going to buy the game whatever, but if you buy it from us we'll let you play a tiny bit early". See?

I totally understand where you're coming from and I do agree. I just think you're looking at it from the wrong angle. This Gamestop demo isn't something for people to test whether the game is for them or not (that will be the PSN one); this demo is for those who are going to buy it anyway to have a chance to experience a little bit of it earlier as an incentive for preordering from Gamestop (and more importantly not preordering from Amazon)
    samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By samcotts

Can anyone remember how we managed to fool Gamestop into thinking we had reserved Left 4 Dead and managed to get the early reserve demo of the game for nothing? I tried searching the forums but couldn't find the thread about it. We could do the same for Killzone 2.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I played the Beta, so I already took a bite at it. But I cant wait for the game. Im a fan of the series, though the gameplay of the first one was abominable, yeah, really, really bad. Compensated with a mild OST and a really good and original idea for an FPS back in the day. The atmosphere was the best thing in the first. Sadly, it was not accompanied by gameplay.
    But the second one fixed all the problems, its more tactical than before, less run and gun, and the online mode which was the only thing available in the Beta was really team based, at least if you wanted to survive for a while. It also has the best Sixaxis implementation since Folklore imo, with it controlling your pulse while aiming with the sniper rifle, its really cool as you can use it to also tilt the aim a little for extra precission and cuts the easyness (sp?) of sniper rifles in previous games. And the blood effects, are amazing, specially when your screen gets splatterd by either your own blood, or your opponents blood.

bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By bartholomew999

Killzone2 is a probable buy for me anyway, but this trend of marketing through pre-buys is getting me a little pissed off.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By get2sammyb
    bartholomew999 said:
    "Killzone2 is a probable buy for me anyway, but this trend of marketing through pre-buys is getting me a little pissed off."
    Why? I think it's good retailers are offering incentives. You just wait for them to be announced and then go with the one you prefer. I think it's a cool idea.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get2sammyb are you secretly some sleazy marketing executive? Between you gushing over the marketing possibilities in Home and your non-objection of this  horrible idea of monetizing something that should be as fundamentally flawed as a "paid" demo, I'm getting scared that you are feeding our posts into your next Powerpoint presentation to the suits.

This isn't good on any level whatsoever, they need to push that demo on PSN as soon as possible and as strongly as possible to get assholes like me off the fence. I do not want to be bullied into commiting to a game just to get a feel for it first. Dammit, that's worse than a girl who won't have premarital sex.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By jakob187

I'm waiting for the game to be disappointing...just like the first one was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jakob187 said:
    "I'm waiting for the game to be disappointing...just like the first one was."
    Oh stop being a negative nancy
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Rowr

its pronounced gamespot...

I hate it when people get it wrong.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By BlackWaterCO

ewww you support gamestop

seriously...bastard

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By jakob187
    TeflonBilly said:
    "jakob187 said:
    Oh stop being a negative nancy"
    Well, I'm sorry that I refuse to buy into hype and instead go based off of what the franchise has offered before...
    ...and in case you don't remember well, that would be mediocre gunplay in a mediocre shooter with a mediocre story featuring mediocre multiplayer functionality.

Oh, and no jump feature.

Granted, Liberation was a better game...but it was also third-person...and on a handheld console...and people remembered the original Killzone and didn't really pick up on Liberation because of it.

I could shit on a plate, give it advanced lighting and shader effects, motion blur, and smooth animation...and people would probably buy it based solely on the fact that it LOOKS good.  However, every game in this generation "LOOKS" good.  It's kind of expected at this point.  That doesn't mean it WILL be good.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LiquidPrince

Interesting. It should be up in the store soon however.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By TwoOneFive
    get2sammyb said:
    "I kinda don't want to play a demo of the game before it comes out. I presume they'll put it on PSN a short while after. But argh - I want to be totally blown away by the full thing. So I'm going to avoid any demos."
    lol, you'll be youtubing footage the second that demo is released and spoiling it all for yourself anyways, including reading reviews etc. 

i think i will preorder the game. whats it cost to do this, $5?
    try out the demo, drool over it. my friend joins the air force february 17, i'll share the demo with him, he'll appreicate it, he's a huge huge RE4 fan so he is totally missing out on that game
    jakob187 said:
    "TeflonBilly said:
    "jakob187 said:
    Well, I'm sorry that I refuse to buy into hype and instead go based off of what the franchise has offered before...
    ...and in case you don't remember well, that would be mediocre gunplay in a mediocre shooter with a mediocre story featuring mediocre multiplayer functionality.

Oh, and no jump feature.

Granted, Liberation was a better game...but it was also third-person...and on a handheld console...and people remembered the original Killzone and didn't really pick up on Liberation because of it.

I could shit on a plate, give it advanced lighting and shader effects, motion blur, and smooth animation...and people would probably buy it based solely on the fact that it LOOKS good.  However, every game in this generation "LOOKS" good.  It's kind of expected at this point.  That doesn't mean it WILL be good.
    "
    hype? you mean buzz! when a preview code of the first six chapters gets some of the top gaming magazines (websites) going nuts over it, its not hype, they can back it up since they played it, its called buzz. you can buy into that. 

we know for a fact the gunplay isn't mediocre from playing the beta (its very good okay), and we know the story isnt mediocre (that would be haze) from the cut scenes we've seen (including that leaked intro footage which shows off excellent animations, and really good character development) and all of the very in-depth story outlines on the official web site, and we know from the beta that the online is exceptional, and has outstanding clan support so it will be highly competitive. 

nobody is judging this knew one based on the first. remember, the only things that were bad about the first were techinically issues, it was too ambitious for that hardware. 

they have a much larger staff, and much much larger development time, a much larger budget etc. 

the game will deliver. 
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By get2sammyb
    jakob187 said:
    "Well, I'm sorry that I refuse to buy into hype and instead go based off of what the franchise has offered before...

Oh, and no jump feature.

"
    I kind of agree with what TwoOneFive said. Guerilla turned this one around - all the 07 previews complained about everything about the game: the graphics, the gameplay, the AI. Fast forward a year to December 2008 and suddenly the complaints are: (1Up) "I'm not sure I like the character design" or "The friendly AI occassionally does a silly thing". In other words - you have to nit pick because Guerilla finally acheived what they wanted.

Speak to beta testers and they'll all tell you coming back to Resistance 2 and CoD4(/WaW) felt like a step down the multiplayer is that good.

Of course I understand your sentiment for scepticism: the beta testers could be getting over excited, the previews ignoring things they "assume" are going to get fixed and the rampant fanbase wanking over the graphics. But to say "dude, errr, the last game sucked, this one probably will to". I mean is it so hard to believe that people can look at all what they did wrong in their last release and improve upon it?

I'm fed up of this dumb argument that tarnishes an upcoming game with the previous version. It's just dumb. I didn't see many (though I did see a few) spouting that Fable II would be shit because the first was disappointing.

There comes to a point where you just have to say to yourself -- this game looks really good. That doesn't mean you have to hype it to heaven.

Stop being so cynical and wait for the reviews now.

TeflonBilly said:
    "Get2sammyb are you secretly some sleazy marketing executive? Between you gushing over the marketing possibilities in Home and your non-objection of this  horrible idea of monetizing something that should be as fundamentally flawed as a "paid" demo, I'm getting scared that you are feeding our posts into your next Powerpoint presentation to the suits."
    Well, you know, I would love to work for Sony's marketing department. I'd kick those fuckers into shape.

They will put that demo on PSN by the way. Inside-info and all ;)

I don't even want to play the damn demo anyway! Surprise for me.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pause422
    jakob187 said:
    "TeflonBilly said:
    "jakob187 said:

Oh, and no jump feature.

"
    I definitely know where you're coming from. All I've seen from the game so far has definitely had me interested, especially from seeing a lot more footage in the recent few months, but then there's the truth that no one seems to be getting- It's still a game from an unproven developer, who still has not a single good game under their belt. So all that I've seen, while I'm very interested, having not even touched the game to see how the controls are or anything like that, it could still turn out meh.  A lot of people are just on the hype train atm, and aren't thinking its possible that they could get disappointed.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shadows_kill
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Interesting. It should be up in the store soon however."
    it will be like mgs4...demo 4 months after release.
    psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By psmgamer
    Lieutenant said:
    "Anyone know if you can preorder -> get demo code -> cancel preorder?"
    You can
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By get2sammyb

Nothing causes a disagreement like Killzone 2. And well maybe Halo.

I have to admit, I understand why the game has it's detractors but it's funny the stages they've gone through: "Trailer was CGI"; "E307 gameplay looks nothing like CGI, Sony lied"; "It looks good but it's so generic"; "Guerilla aren't proven developers"; >> on NeoGaf, now there are people that have actually played it arguing with the detractors comments like "Playstation controller is shit for First Person Shooters" and "Sony are making people pay for the demo, they must have something to hide" are popping up.

When a good few 9's and 8's drop - what will be the excuse then?

"Hahaha 9 out of 10. Didn't live up to the hype then? Killzone is teh suxx0rz"

Vgsounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vgsounds

Don't preorder the game from gamestop. They just give you a demo you can get for free in the uk. It is part of the first level I believe. I got it for free and I live in the united states guys. I just made a fake uk playstation network account and it let me download the killzone 2 demo and play it on my ps3. Sony makes me angry so I had to do this. A demo is to be played before a game comes out for free. I preordered it anyway from Newegg.com so meh screw gamestop.

rivalbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rivalbro

well demo's out on the psn, ahhh the frustration of not being able to download it!! stupid error 80029563!! I'm never going to forget that number!!

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By shadows_kill
    rivalbro said:
    "well demo's out on the psn, ahhh the frustration of not being able to download it!! stupid error 80029563!! I'm never going to forget that number!!"
    only in the uk store but i made a euro account :P maybe try to download it again see if you get that error..
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LiquidPrince
    shadows_kill said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    it will be like mgs4...demo 4 months after release."
    Guess you were wrong about that, now weren't you XD

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By shadows_kill
    LiquidPrince said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    it will be like mgs4...demo 4 months after release."
    Guess you were wrong about that, now weren't you XD

"
    as for the US ps store i still could be right

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.