Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Just a heads up: Dont buy the DLC

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Questionable

Just bought the 6 DLC maps in the summer sale and it turns out that nobody plays on the maps anymore.
    I guess the community has shrunk too much to be able to fill a room

Also bought the 3 Warhawk expansions, here is to hoping those were not a waste of my money as well hehe

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Well, buying content for non actual games can be a questionable decision, more often then not there's only a handful of people playing those.

I mean, I found a game for The Darkness last night, wtf!

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#3  Edited By MightyDuck

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but neither of those games probably have huge communities anymore.  Killzone 2 came out in...2008? I could be wrong, plus most people, I would assume play on Killzone 3.  Warhawk was a PS3 launch game correct?  I'm sure most have moved on long ago from that as well.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

@GetWhatYagive: Warhawk is still booming. There are tons of games still going strong.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#5  Edited By MightyDuck
    @N7:  That's good to hear.  The game was pretty fun from what I remember playing of it.
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By PerryVandell

As a rule of thumb, I don't buy multiplayer maps for games that already have sequels released. Their online communities tend to be limited, if not dead.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By MildMolasses

Not that this helps any, but apparently nobody bought those maps to begin with and there was never that many people people playing on them.  

Nonetheless, it probably would have been wise to run the K2 multiplayer to see if there was still a significant amount of people playing
    swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By swamplord666

Yeah if anything i think new map DLC should be paying for a couple months and then free. There's so many multiplayer games that have useless DLC because not enough people are playing them.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Questionable

The warhawk community is still quite active with always atleast 5 rooms with 25-32 players and many smaller ones for any mode.  The skillgap in that game is humongous but that was to be expected. 

but yeah about those KZ2 maps... even at 7 euro for 6 maps thats overpriced. have not been able to find a single match for them.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By agentboolen

@Questionable: Thanks for saving me $12 with making this post, I just finally got a PS3 (usually playing xbox 360) and grabbed a cheap copy of Killzone 2 and was thinking about buying that map pack. At this point they probably should just make them free so they don't go to waste. If your experience has changed let me know, but at this point ill just stick with the maps that came with the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

The maps were pretty damn great but they were slowly phased out from use and it's kind of hard to find a match with them. The Killzone 2 community is know where near dead, I still jump on and have a blast, still the best multiplayer experience on consoles this generation in my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.