Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

advice on Killzone 2 ??

bulletbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bulletbeast

So i just ordered killzone 2 for my PS3. Ive played it at my friends house and i know its amazing but right now i have no internet connection so i cant play online, is it still a good game without online play?, how long is the campaign? and is it shit easy or challenging??, answers wouls be appreciated.
    _Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By _Phara0h_

Well the singel player is the worst part of the game and some times bad because of frustrating waves on waves of enemies....

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MeierTheRed

I also enjoyed the Single Player part. It doesn't have a ground breaking story or plot, but there is a good amount of nice action in it. I don´t recall how long it took me to complete it the first time, probably around 10-12 hours i think, but again not sure.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By fr0br0

Single player is good. It's about 12 hours and the harder difficulties can be a real challenge. There are a good amount of change in scenery to show off the graphics and they sprinkle in some fun vehicle (tank, mechasuit) action.

And yes, you can set up multiplayer matches with bots only.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

single player is non-stop and really very exciting ... the story is really only there to tie each location to the next and is pretty rubbish but the game itself is absolutely amazing. and thats without the multiplater 

theres also a bunch of trophies and stuff remember  so beyond the 10ish hours it takes to finish the game it can last a while
    Avatar image for scrubbingbubbles
    ScrubbingBubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ScrubbingBubbles

I think the campaign was awesome. Playing through a 2nd time on elite can also be very rewarding, if not frustrating at times.
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By artofwar420

I have one advice, use the left stick to aim more than the right stick, think about it.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
    hmmm... 

no internet for you ps3?! buy a cheap router asap.  

high precision mode is the best controls in an fps i love it.  

play the skirmish mode a lot you will get basic skills for online. and dont play on easy. 
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @THAfara0 said:
    " Well the singel player is the worst part of the game and some times bad because of frustrating waves on waves of enemies.... "
    Yeah I got to the part where you were on the bridge and had to take out the AA guns and then snipe guys forever.
    Then I just died by some rocket or grenade and had to start ALL over.

At that point I was like "screw this." and never played it again.
    calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By calidan777

I enjoyed it.The single player was fun and the multiplayer was ok,I'm not sure how I felt about playing multiple game types EVERY game,but it was still fun at times.Haven't really played it in a few months though,so.My biggest complaint was the feel of the controls,aiming just felt weird,I still don't  know if it was the game or that funky ass PS controller.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By VisariLoyalist

It's easy or challenging depending on what difficulty setting you put it on and it's plenty long so yeah don't worry about it man just play it

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's all around awesome game, it's pretty challenging on the last 2 difficulties, but the other two arnt to bad.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

The campaign was fantastic. One of my favorites.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Multiplayer is better than singleplayer. I have nightmares of Rico screaming 'mother fucker!' over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Avatar image for scrubbingbubbles
    ScrubbingBubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ScrubbingBubbles

But Rico's dirty mouth is what makes it so awesome! F*%$ you motherf*!$#ing Higs! 
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @bulletbeast said:
    " So i just ordered killzone 2 for my PS3. Ive played it at my friends house and i know its amazing but right now i have no internet connection so i cant play online, is it still a good game without online play?, how long is the campaign? and is it shit easy or challenging??, answers wouls be appreciated. "
    You can pretty much experience what multiplayer is like offline with skirmish, however, you will be missing out on the competitiveness, trophies, clan matchmaking, clan and ranking systems. The campaign is moderate-long. It can be "shit-easy" once you get a hang of it on easy mode, playing it on the hardest would take several hours.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Andorski

I didn't find the campaign to be all that great.  The level design didn't really make for strategic combat, and the environmental aesthetics made you feel like you were in same area throughout the entire game (save for one desert location).  Also, aside from the bolt gun and the "lightning gun" (forgot its real name), the game doesn't have the largest variety of weapons for you to use effectively in different combat situations.

It isn't a bad single player game though.  I just thought that KZ2's multiplayer is where the game really shines.  Still, if you can find this game for $30, or if the game is on the Greatest Hits list, you should pick it up.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @ScrubbingBubbles said:

" But Rico's dirty mouth is what makes it so awesome! F*%$ you motherf*!$#ing Higs!  "

Glad they made Rico. That benighted lamebrain is the perfect example of how American troops are easily brainwashed by media propaganda.
     Yes, I know I will be getting hate mail for my opinion. Sometimes I wonder what happened to free speech or that people are entitled to their opinion.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Bones8677

Killzone 2 was the first game I bought when I first bought my PS3. Took me a while to get used to the controls, mostly because I hadn't touched a Playstation controller in almost a year till then. The campaign is good but I found it too shallow for me. 

The story is invisible, it's pretty much-- you go down to the planet, and YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN STOP THEM! I have no idea what's going on, why we are there, who anyone is, I don't even know who I am. Sure the NPCs shout at me and call me by a name, but I don't know what the character is all about, what his motivations are, or goals. There's no exposition, eventually I gave up on the campaign as it seemed to be a waste of time, again, I didn't know what our ultimate goal was, "to win the war?" I need something more concrete than that to keep me motivated.

Try Call of Duty 4, that game did well in that regard...well in almost all regards but it kept my interest from beginning to end. "Get to this base or else the entire Eastern seaboard is gonna be nuked!" Okay, now I'm motivated!

I never played the first Killzone, so maybe all my questions are answered there, but they could have at least put up a scrolling text box that gets me up to speed. 

The game also tends to just shove seemingly endless waves of enemies at you making your movements very slow, and boring at times. 

You can be taken out very easily, but your enemies are freaking bullet sponges, most of the time it would take almost half a clip to kill one enemy. Couple that with your health regenerating too slow for my personal comfort.

Does it make the action intense and nerve racking? Absolutlly. The game's not hard, it's just frustrating, if that makes any sense. It's not bad, but my goodness it can feel like a grind. 

The multiplayer is a lot of fun, but again, I come back to Call of Duty 4, it just doesn't have the in depth customization for your weapons and skills like in Modern Warfare. The maps are large, sometimes too large, most of the time all the action is held at only a section of the map and the inability to spawn at multiple points means that there's a hell of a lot of running back to said section to get back into the action.

I'm rambling, it's a good game, but there are better games out there, that have a longer lasting appear.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Bones8677
    @Alphiehyr said:
    " @ScrubbingBubbles said:

" But Rico's dirty mouth is what makes it so awesome! F*%$ you motherf*!$#ing Higs!  "

Glad they made Rico. That benighted lamebrain is the perfect example of how American troops are easily brainwashed by media propaganda.  Yes, I know I will be getting hate mail for my opinion. Sometimes I wonder what happened to free speech or that people are entitled to their opinion. "
    Or you're just an obvious troll.
    Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Bones8677 said:
    " @Alphiehyr said:
    " @ScrubbingBubbles said:

Glad they made Rico. That benighted lamebrain is the perfect example of how American troops are easily brainwashed by media propaganda.  Yes, I know I will be getting hate mail for my opinion. Sometimes I wonder what happened to free speech or that people are entitled to their opinion. "
    Or you're just an obvious troll. "
    Nope, just making comment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.