Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infinity Ward

Company »

Founded by ex-2015 employees, Infinity Ward is a game development company known for its highly acclaimed Call of Duty franchise.

Zampella & West sue Activision

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Hamz

Well the drama surrounding recent events with Activision sacking the two heads of Infinity Ward has now continued in the form of a lawsuit being filed by Jason West & Vince Zampella against their previous employer. The general reasoning behind the lawsuit is that both West & Zampella feel Activision should cough up and pay the pair their share of the profits and royalties made from the huge success of MW2's sales.

Check out the original article here. And for those sordid lot who want a Kotaku article check that out here as well.

After reading both of those articles I instantly have a few niggling questions that I'll pose to the fine folks in our community.

• Is there now some truth to the rumour both men were sacked due to asking for a larger than agreed share of the royalties from MW2 sales in return for releasing a third Modern Warfare titled game less than 2 years after the previous. For those unaware IW have always wished to have 2 years between the release of their COD titles while Activision would prefer a release each year. This is why Treyarch makes a COD game in the gap year between games developed by IW themselves.
    • Is Activision really that ballsy and willing to publicly sack two top dogs of a development studio just so they don't have to pay them what they owe? My knowledge of American law is a little rusty but I'd guess even if the pair were sacked before the scheduled royalty payments were made that they would, somehow, still be entitled to receive them even if they are no longer employed by the company.
    • Does anyone else get flashbacks to their parent's divorce when reading up on this stuff?
    spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By spacetrucking
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3  Edited By natetodamax

YES

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Hamz
    @Killjoi said:
    " Re*cough*post.  :p "
    Well fuck :(

Totally thought I was "FIRST!"....that topic should be in the Infinity Ward board to begin with anyway. It is ex-IW employees filing the lawsuit, not Activision....dammit people use the right boards!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.