Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infinite Undiscovery

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 02, 2008

An exclusive Xbox 360 RPG from the creators of Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile. Unfolding in a game world which changes in real time, the player's choices will spin a tale of "unknown discoveries" and span multiple weaving story situations.

So what's the verdict on this game?

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By atejas

I've heard mixed reactions to this game and, having acknowledged that it's a generic hack' n 'slash with mediocre storyline, is it any good?

Rate it relative to, oh say, DMC.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I thought it was a turn based RPG?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

Hack n' Slash? ...Are you sure you have the right game?

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By atejas

"The game’s combat mechanics are straightforward. The player will first need to draw his sword using the Right Trigger (RT), which can conveniently be drawn even in motion.The player can execute combos both in the air and on the ground using Light attacks (A),  Heavy attacks (B), Connect Actions  (X, Y), and spells. To compensate for the lack of a block button, the player has the ability to freeze the enemy with a timed parry by using the "Deflect Drive" action  (LT), creating a large opening forthe player to take advantage of."

Sounds like one.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Out_On_Bail

i'd like to know how this is also.  I went ahead and rented it from gamefly to give it a shot, hope it's not terrible.

CarlosX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By CarlosX360

You know, the game looks a whole lot like a glorified Tales of Symphonia/Vesperia than it does DMC.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By atejas
    CarlosX360 said:
    "You know, the game looks a whole lot like a glorified Tales of Symphonia/Vesperia than it does DMC."
    ....only it's realtime, so not.
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ZeroCast

As far as i know , the game is OK , if your an RPG fanatic they you might want to consider giving it a rental.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By suneku

I want to play this damn game already but gamefly hasn't even shipped this out for me yet. Blah.

JDW520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JDW520

I am about two hours in to the game and so far it is average. The combat system is a nice change of pace from the traditional turnbased system that is present in most JRPGs. There is a sneak system that alows the player and their party to inflict critical strikes for a period of time if they are able to make the first hit undetected by the enemy. Conversly the enemies can also sneak up on the player and their party which I believe will result in a loss of AP along with the damage taken by the hit. 

The combo system seems to have potential as long as you are able to unlock new combos as you level up. The player can also connect to their party members to use both special attacks during combat and abilities when not in combat. There is no way to block enemy strikes but you can perry them if your timing is right which will stun the enemy and open them up for devestating attacks. This can be very anoying when fighting more than one enemy, luckly your party members are always there to heal you when your HP is low. This is nice as the healing is done with no prompting by the player. 

I will wright more as I continue to play for for now I have to watch the Seahawks take on the Bills.

exfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By exfate

As far as I have read this game turned out to be total ass. A real shame, but not it all makes sense, why Microsoft passed publishing to Square-Enix (put a recognizable brand behind a bad game), and why there was so little pre-release specifics on the game. Honestly, seeing tri-Ace make such a blunder with this lowers my hopes for Star Ocean 4 significantly.

Will not buy, will not rent, will cry in a corner in dissapointment.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Disgaeamad

I really don't see how the game turned out to be "total ass". The current review average is a 7.1, which isn't "total ass" at all. It's the people's fault for hyping it as much as they can and being letdown because it isn't ZOMG BEST GAME EVER.

I, for one, still intend to play this.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By PureRok
    exfate said:
    "Will not buy, will not rent, will cry in a corner in dissapointment."
    Suck it up. Stop being such a wuss.
    Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Disgaeamad

Well, I'm 10 hours into this, and to be completely honest, I'm really enjoying it. Many of the reviewers have blown things out of proportion (i.e: the slowdown, which is minimum and barely affects the game).

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb

I say that JRPGs are not RPGs, Infinite Undiscovery is an unncessarily paradoxical title, and JRPGs are not RPGs. The end.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422

Totally don't care....not into this kind of shit, just your typical JRPG you've seen 300 times already, getting worse than WWII games..same shit everytime.

jamBOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By jamBOT

I love people when people comment with stupid sh_t like, "JRPG's are not RPGs" -- whatever that means?  Or "It's the same sh_t that I don't play.  Will please excuses us your holiness,  so sorry you had to be brought down to our level of game playing -- you douche.  

Then WHY are you trolling and commenting about a JRPG game -- if you don't play them?  Are you stupid?  I don't play a lot of FPS, I suck at them, so what's the point of commenting about a subject that I don't like or suck at?  I have this game, and will get to it sometime after I finish Portal (PS3), Racket & Clank, FF10, and Tales of Vesperia.
    BoomShanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BoomShanka

I'm only 8 hours in and I'm really enjoying it at the moment, i thought the first hour or so was meh but I plowed through and I am now finding a nice little gem, currently playing it on and off as i don't really have the time to play an RPG for hours and hours continuously, but so far im satisfied with it, that and it only cost me £10

Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Big_D

it has limited things to discover.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.