Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: First Light

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 26, 2014

inFamous: First Light is a standalone prequel to inFamous: Second Son, focussing on supporting character Fetch.

Anybody out there getting this?

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This comes out August 26, 2014 (tomorrow), and I'm curious if there are other people out there excited for it too. Fetch was easily my favorite supporting character in the game, and her backstory was also the most interesting to me. So, anybody out there getting this? I can't wait to play it after I get off work tomorrow. It's preloaded and ready to go.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Me. I already have it downloaded, just have to wait for it to unlock. I'll be playing it Wednesday though because I'll be finishing The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 5 tomorrow when I get home. I'm definitely going to platinum it. No doubt about it. I've platinum'd/100% every inFamous game!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I was considering it and then I heard it's over 9 GB which is far too big a download for me. So, maybe when the disc comes out and drops in price.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting to see how much content is in it and how long it is. If it's a 30 minute story told through 3 hours of battle arenas then I'm not interested in paying €15 for that. I've heard them say it's about 5 hour's long but I'll wait a week or two to see if that's true. Hopefully it is good, I did like Infamous and would like to find out more about it.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nah. I 100%'d Second Son and have no real desire to re-enter that world at all

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would be a lot more interested if it wasn't just in Seattle again and it wasn't neon power. Fetch was a cool character so it's a shame the game doesn't seem more exciting.

headshot2391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I do enjoy the infamous series and the trailer makes it look interesting story wise so I pre-ordered it. However playstation canceled my digital pre-order and blocked it. Is that because they haven't got their preloading working down here in Australia or is that how it works?

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd get it if I had a PS4, because I am absolutely infatuated with Laura Bailey. Damn you, Travis Willingham, you lucky bastard.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MEATBALL

I was considering it and then I heard it's over 9 GB which is far too big a download for me. So, maybe when the disc comes out and drops in price.

Locally it's $25 AUD, just a few dollars more than it is on the PSN store. :/

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally forgot this was coming out. I'll have to pick it up.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GunstarRed

@meatball: It's like £12 on the store and £16 for the disc here.

I don't really want to pay £12 for a handful of hours either really. So yeah, I'm gonna wait for a price drop.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#12 riostarwind  Moderator

Infamous: Second Son was one of the few games I was willing to play through twice so I'm definitely going to pick up First Light later today.

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am, it has a platinum so it's already the best piece of DLC ever made.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I do enjoy the infamous series and the trailer makes it look interesting story wise so I pre-ordered it. However playstation canceled my digital pre-order and blocked it. Is that because they haven't got their preloading working down here in Australia or is that how it works?

Same thing happend to me (UK) I havent tried to re-pre-order it yet because PSN is acting up, so I dont know if it's blocked but it seems like a weird thing to do. I am looking forward to it though. Festival of Blood was awesome.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Yeah, I'll pick it up later when I remember to

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak said:

Same thing happend to me (UK) I havent tried to re-pre-order it yet because PSN is acting up, so I dont know if it's blocked but it seems like a weird thing to do. I am looking forward to it though. Festival of Blood was awesome.

Just hoping they'll manage to come up with more than one DLC for Second Son. Something as crazy as Festival of Blood preferably or a whole new character, because neither Eugene or Henry interest me as a playable character.

This particular DLC I've already bought and downloaded! Should keep me entertained 'till Metro Redux on friday.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cloudnineboya

From reading the eurogamer review and from playing second son it really sounds like sucker punch have run out of ideas for this game franchise or hopefully are starting to think of their next project which is a shame cos i like infamous a lot.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From reading the eurogamer review and from playing second son it really sounds like sucker punch have run out of ideas for this game franchise or hopefully are starting to think of their next project which is a shame cos i like infamous a lot.

I'd love for them to tackle on a new IP...should really play through HD Sly while waiting for that to happen, actually.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I didn't play Second Son but I might actually pick this up, maybe when it is on sale. Just never been a big infamous fan but this looks kind of neat.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No, Second Son disappointment is still lingering for me.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got the platinum in Second Son (only recently got a PS4) so I am going to wait a while, but I do look forward to playing it eventually.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Fetch - a serial killer and drug addict - was the most interesting character in Infamous: SS, will definitely pick this up.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By glots

" Lisences being verified/not authored to use this application." Guess it's Diablo time instead then...edit; Oh, pre-order hadn't gone through for some reason. Kinda sucky I couldn't just pay it through PS4, but had to delete it first. Guess I'll play tomorrow then...and without phat pre-order DUP jacket, oh no!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.