Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

A top-down shooter game with an 80s aesthetic, a brutal style, and a thoughtful, slightly surreal philosophy underlying the story about the nature of violence.

Hotline Miami 30 min Documentry

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So here is a weird thing to wake up to. Complex just dropped a 30 minute documentary about the making of Hotline Miami on YouTube this morning. It has interviews with a lot of the people who worked on the game including "Cactus" the creator himself. Half-way through it right now and its pretty interesting.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ghostiet

I gotta watch this later on. Thanks!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By hassun

Neat! I had no idea this was being made and I have never heard of "Complex".

Seeing Mr Fork Parker himself needing a moment is pretty touching.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Wow, that was pretty excellent. Thanks for finding and sharing that one! Might be a little much for those that are more skeptical about HL here and there but for a huge fan like myself this documentary is very worth watching. But it's well done and feels pretty authentic in general I think.

Edit: So I checked complex after finding "The Hotline Miami Story" very interesting. Now I'm overwhelmed with many short videos/ clips and more than 100 playlists. Anyone know if I should be looking for something specific when I want more content in this vein?

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By NeoCalypso

It's kinda funny. When they get to talking about Hotline Miami 2 one of the dudes says something about how "when people get to the point where it's not the same as the first game they don't like it". I went through exactly that with the second game. I played 2 levels and hated it, like immediately uninstalled it because they attach the aiming cursor to the player in this really restrictive circle even with the mouse which is something they only did with the controller in the first game. I felt like they had completely ruined the controls I stopped playing right away,

But then I decided to watch the videos of when MANvsGAME played through it since I wasn't gonna play myself and he got to (I think it's the third level) Homicide where you play as Detective pardo. The music was just awesome on that level so I decided to give it another chance. This time though I used a controller instead of the mouse and loved it.

I actually now think the second game is superior is absolutely every way. The pace, the soundtrack, the characters, the story(especially the story holy shit that ending). Yes it is significantly more difficult and there were some levels that were just nuts but in the end it was still nothing that took anymore than 30 minutes for me to finish.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

That was really good. When Jonatan was talking about how he feels like Hotline Miami is this fart that he can't take any credit for that people for some reason resonated with - man, thats exactly how I feel each time I make any sort of illustration that people enjoy, it's a weird thing and I'm glad I'm not the only one.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Added to my "Watch Later" list. Thanks for posting!

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I actually now think the second game is superior is absolutely every way. The pace, the soundtrack, the characters, the story(especially the story holy shit that ending). Yes it is significantly more difficult and there were some levels that were just nuts but in the end it was still nothing that took anymore than 30 minutes for me to finish.

You and me both, brother. o/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.