Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

Impressions after 3 hours of homefront

• 67 results
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Hourai

I don't understand all the hype for this game, it just looks like another Bad Company to me. I might rent it later on when I'm done with Dragon Age 2. 

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By ItBeStefYo
    @GlenTennis:  That price is actually legit. Its pretty accepted now that the TF2 economy is batshit insane
    destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By destruktive

Humm. I don't think it looks too bad.
    Not great, but not crap.

Of course, I don't know how it feels like to play it so it might be total garbage for all I know but based on what I've seen of the multiplayer it might be fun to pick up when it's not full price. 
    If people are still playing it then :S

enterthewumpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By enterthewumpus

I'm kind of bummed out that Homefront (apparently) isn't living up to the potential I thought it had.  I thought the story sounded interesting, if nothing else.  Still waiting to see Alex's (or Jeff's?) review, but things don't sound great right now.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By Daveyo520

A lot of in game advertising, but I guess it is to make it seem more like real life, which is the kind I actually like, instead of generic things. Also Hooters of all things? 

Also it bugs me that all the Koreans use American equipment and not their own. Why didn't we blow it up before letting them use it?

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By buft
    @Mcfart said:
    " @ROKMarine said:

" Still a review is a review "

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing Review: 12/10

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing is a phenomenal racer. Instead of worrying about crashing into other cars or structures, you GO THROUGH THEM! Furthermore, fuck actual driving skill. In Big Rigs, you can win a race by driving backwords! Did I forget to mention that you will always win because the AI racer will never move from the start position?

If you want an accessible racing game that doesn't shit on you with useless stuff like "physics" and "realism" like Forza does, then buy Big Rigs: Over the Road racing today! Also, since you never lose, it promotes euphoric feelings and cures AIDS! GET THIS GAME NOW!!!!!!! "
    i bought it should i get aids in the future. reviews are reviews!
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I'm calling 2 stars.

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By pbhawks45

So far, I've enjoyed my time with the game. Is it as good as some of the other shooters out there? No. But it's trying something unique and different with the story, and the multiplayer has been pretty fun so far. 

Plus, I always try to support new IPs when they come out, especially if they deserve it. This seems like a game that, given the opportunity, could fix handful of tiny problems that add up and prevent it from being a great game.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

The metacrtic scores dropped after the embargo lifted....

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@DonPixel. 

Do you think the game only had a big impact because its a "It could happen" And its based in the U.S?  

Also are you lookin out for Crysis 2? 

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DonPixel
    @The_Laughing_Man: I already add yesterday "publications" in my PayPress bookmark
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @DonPixel said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: I already add yesterday "publications" in my PayPress bookmark "
    What? I  just woke up from a nap. Youll need to tell me what that means lol. 
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By penguindust

One of the regulars on Garnett Lee's Weekend Confirmed really liked what he played of the game.  That was in a podcast just a couple of week's ago (#49 I think).  The game is written by the guy who wrote Red Dawn so if you have no stomach for that jingoism, then you're probably not going to like Homefront's premise.  I remind you, Red Dawn might be considered a kitschy satire today, but it wasn't back in 1984 in the midst of the Cold War and with Reagan in the White House.   

I'll wait for some more reviews to arrive before I make a decision.   Such as the one on Joystiq which describes it as a "brain-dead, dull and frankly pretty lousy final product".

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DonPixel
    @The_Laughing_Man:  Mm dunno, they sure spent a lot of money on marketing, and  sesationalims always sells.   

In my case I was looking forward to this one because of some developer interviews I red, they were talking interest concepts about half life, inmersion.. story telling and game design, plus as a fan of objective-competitive multiplayer seemed like a solid choice, turns out it isn´t 

About Crysis 2, dunno it sure looks like a solid shooter, having played crytek games before Im not expecting a broken mess they are superb studio technical wise.. problem is at least for me they have failed to "capture my imagination" (as cliche as it sounds).  I would certainly play crysis 2 campaign but im not sure about the multiplayer, have no time with bad company 2 and killzone 3 in my hands. 
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Agent47
    @DonPixel: As if anybody expected you to say anything positive, and the animation...looks just like COD to me, which I guess isn't a good thing.
    EDIT:Actually the animation looks a little better than COD the running that it.The shooting isn't that bad the guns sound powerful not great but they fit.I think you are just trying to downplay it like everyone else.
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Agent47
    @Korosuzo: Actually that doesn't look bad to me.Thanks I thought it was going to be ok but that doesn't look too bad.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DonPixel
    @Agent47: Im positive about beer, bikinis and sun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.