Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

Homefront = COD + Battlefield + Jank

• 63 results
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hooded

Has anyone saw the Multiplayer video of Homefront, it looks a bit janky but a bit cool.

I think it looks janky but quite cool, a bit COD-like but with vehicles and equipment like BF. I've heard some stories about Homefronts singleplayer but not much info has been announced about the multiplayer. 

Anyone looking forward to this?
    l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By l4wd0g

I think I'll be picking it up on the 360. Should be fun. 

What I think sounds awesome about the game is perk system is based on how well you're doing during that game. I doubt it will last long on the multiplayer side.

Avatar image for deactivated-616d38c07628a
    deactivated-616d38c07628a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

man I love me some jank Wooooooooo, I kid. It looks alright I guess :-/

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bravetoaster

I still plan on renting it.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By X19

I know very little about the game but I hope it's MW2 with more crazy. Blops tried to be more serious and ended up just being boring.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ViciousReiven

It looks fun, I just hope it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I've had my eye on this one for a while. It is totally in the balance for me on how good it is. I look forward to the reviews.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

Your equation is flawed.  To include Call of Duty is to implicitly add Jank. :P

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sogeman

Homefront = COD + (Battlefield/2) + Jank

easthill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By easthill

Kaos Studios did Frontlines: Fuel of War right? If so, I'll remain skeptical. But didn't they also make Desert Combat for BF 1942? Then I'll try it out, I guess. Looks kinda cool

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Malakhii

Until people get their hands on the final version, we're not going to know how it plays. 

Does anyone else absolutely hate when people use the term "Jank", just explain why you think it's janky don't use a stupid substitute. Just seems lazy to me. 

Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gilsham

as long as this is the case then I don't think I'll be playing it; I realize I can get it else where but I really don't want to show THQ I want to buy it at retail

Stupot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stupot
    @Malakhii said:
    Does anyone else absolutely hate when people use the term "Jank", just explain why you think it's janky don't use a stupid substitute. Just seems lazy to me.  "
    Couldn't agree more, i'd also like to point out its hard to tell how "janky" it is or how it plays until a demo or final version is out.
    butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By butano

I keep seeing ads, articles, pre-order deals, etc. on this game, but I still haven't really been sold on it yet. The OnLive has a neat deal going on if you preorder the game, you get Metro 2033 and also their console for free. 

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zeforgotten

The beta was roooough. 
    Sooo janky and filled with major bugs and fun stuff. Looks a lot more polished than back then

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen any sort of coverage on this game at all, so I'll have to wait until I see more. What I'm most interested in is how the hell you explain a small, relatively powerless country challenging the US.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Example1013
    @President_Barackbar said:
    " I haven't seen any sort of coverage on this game at all, so I'll have to wait until I see more. What I'm most interested in is how the hell you explain a small, relatively powerless country challenging the US. "
    I'm interested in how people can still not be over the premise this late in the game. Can we have ONE HF thread that doesn't mention the ludicrousness of it?
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ineedaname

The shooting in that trailer never looked satisfying and the guns sounded kinda lack luster.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Looks dumb fun.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CABBAGES

Front lines fuel of war was a great game but not many people bought it :( 
    This looks similar and also a bit more battlefield bc to. I hope you are wrong about it being anything like cod as cod is really gettin pants.
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@example1013 said:
    " @President_Barackbar said:
    " I haven't seen any sort of coverage on this game at all, so I'll have to wait until I see more. What I'm most interested in is how the hell you explain a small, relatively powerless country challenging the US. "
    I'm interested in how people can still not be over the premise this late in the game. Can we have ONE HF thread that doesn't mention the ludicrousness of it? "
    I'm sorry, its just a strange decision. How do you expect that people won't discuss it?
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SSully
    @X19 said:
    "  I know very little about the game but I hope it's MW2 with more crazy. Blops tried to be more serious and ended up just being boring. "
    Haha wait, you thought black ops tried to be more serious? I thought it was equal, if not more crazy then MW2. 
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Yanngc33

Hell everything looks janky but don't forget, if you don't like this game, than you're a COMMUNIST ;)

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By Deusoma

Huh. All this time, I'd been under the impression that this game was going to be a third-person squad-based shooter. Basically Freedom Fighters, but with fascists instead of commies having invaded the US. Now that I actually see the gameplay in action, my interest has dropped to nil. Unfortunate.

DeadlyCyclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DeadlyCyclone

Homefront is looking great, I have gotten to play both campaign and multiplayer and they feel really good. Should be a great alternative to CoD/Battlefield. The Battle Points and Battle Commander features are exciting too.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Example1013
    @President_Barackbar said:
    " @example1013 said:
    " @President_Barackbar said:
    I'm interested in how people can still not be over the premise this late in the game. Can we have ONE HF thread that doesn't mention the ludicrousness of it? "
    I'm sorry, its just a strange decision. How do you expect that people won't discuss it? "
    I don't have a problem with the discussion. It just gets kind of annoying that this comes up in every thread, regardless of relevance to the topic. You have to admit, the only relevance a comment like this has in a thread about the multiplayer is the fact that we're talking about the same game. It's really not on-topic, except in the broadest sense.
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@example1013:  Well EXCUSE ME for using a thread about Homefront to talk about Homefront. I am aware that this particular thread was about the MP, but in giving an opinion I also happened to mention that I am interested in the ludicrous plot.
    X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By X19
    @SSully: I personally didn't feel that way. MW2 was more epic and rediculous to me when I first played the SP and the MP had more of an impact at the time. Blops SP was a chore to get through because it was so boring. The mp was lost on me after I realised it was just more COD with maps I didn't care for. 
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By buzz_killington

It looks polished as COD, what is actually janky about it?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By AhmadMetallic

soooooooooooo fucking unoriginal and uninteresting. i hope Homefront fails and bombs, because if the way to go is to copy Call of Duty, you deserve to fucking fail, because you're a part of the plague.

i am waging war on all those who clone Call of Duty. not because it's bad, and im not saying its good, but just because they are CLONES. 
    clones be fucking damned 
    Crysis is one of my all time favorite games ever, but even CRYSIS i resented when it cloned Call of Duty 

Battlefield is the only real original shooter with big balls of steel around the market today, kicking ass and capping flags without the need to copy anything Call of Duty does or looks like (BF2 created unlocks so dont tell me about MW unlocks)..  
    DICE are the only ones with real fucking care for their products, innovation and originality. and everyone else be fucking damned because they're shameless CoD cloning motherfuckers. 

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By ToxicFruit
    @Ahmad_Metallic: 
    A lot of people worked hard on this game and they seem to be trying to mix things up a little so saying it deserve to fail is not really fair. Using the great controls from cod and more user friendly vehicles and large scale maps from battlefield does not sound that bad.  And they seem to be putting a lot of work into the Single player so if the multiplayer fails you might get a great single player out of it.  

And bashing another shooter and saying that Battlefield is superior in every way while using a battlefield like avatar just makes you looks like a giant fan boy 
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RsistncE

OMFG, this just looks like Call of Duty. Everything from the guns, the way points pop up on the screen and the way the guy knifes is fucking MW2 all over again. It's nice to see that developers have ditched originality for piles of pigshit like this.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LiquidSwords

I too will throw the word "Janky" around : JANKY! (Now I feel like I know what I'm talking about too)

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#34  Edited By Hector
    I'll wait for Battlefield 3!
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Example1013
    @President_Barackbar: It's fine. I guess since no one else has mentioned it this is really a nonissue. So whatever. 

@Ahmad_Metallic: SOCOM 4. MAG. Two games that have little to do with CoD-style multiplayer. One of which is an extremely polished game, the other not out yet. Get off DICE's nuts. They didn't invent unlockables or shooters either, they just may have been the first ones to combine the two. CoD 4 was really only special for the perks and leveling, combined with unlocks and everything and thrown onto consoles. Most good games nowadays aren't revolutionary. They're just old concepts from seemingly disparate areas blended together and placed in a framework with really solid gameplay to make something fun.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Toxic said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic: A lot of people worked hard on this game and they seem to be trying to mix things up a little so saying it deserve to fail is not really fair. Using the great controls from cod and more user friendly vehicles and large scale maps from battlefield does not sound that bad.  And they seem to be putting a lot of work into the Single player so if the multiplayer fails you might get a great single player out of it.                                           "
    theyre not just taking the controls from cod, they're taking everything 
    if i didnt know that was Homefront, and i watched some infantry combat, i would've thought im watching someone play CoD. thats how bad it is. and as long as Call of Duty and it's minions (like Homefront) make money and gain popularity, they help spread the Modern Warfare disease that simply paralyzed the industry since 2007.. this needs to end. and this isnt coming from a CoD hater. i played all CoD games multiple times each (sp) and enjoyed the mp of CoD5 and 6 for years. and i still see how this is simply a pandemic.
     So no, call me unfair all you want, but these CoD copycats need to go fucking bankrupt because they're only making it worse 

" And bashing another shooter and saying that Battlefield is superior in every way while using a battlefield like avatar just makes you looks like a giant fan boy  "
    But since the community on this website know each other well and have grown to get used to how each member speaks and how much of a troll/fanboy he is (or isnt), i know that no one will mistake me for a fanboy  
    Also, if what a fanboy says makes sense, its not actually so bad (in that one case) that he's a fanboy is it ? 

we're watching creative minds of several developers all bowing down to Call of Duty and copying it, the graphics and textures, the controls, the pacing, the level up system, the game modes, etc.. (Crytek turned Crysis 2 into a nano-suit'd Call of Duty, Kaos left their Frontlines: Fuel of War direction (which wasnt too good but it was a start) and are copying Call of Duty with a hint of Battlefield, etc...) 
    and then we look at Battlefield 3 and we see a groundbreaking technical beast with so many unique and different and improved techniques and multiplayer features that defined and extinguished the Battlefield franchise since 1942 

So whether im a fanboy or not is irrelevant since what im saying is pretty much a fact that most people approve of it being true. except for those who watch the video embedded in the OP here and DONT see any resemblance to Call of Duty. now those blow my mind..
    Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Potter9156

Any word on when the MP demo will be hitting the marketplace? 

@Ahmad_Metallic said: 

" soooooooooooo fucking unoriginal and uninteresting. i hope Homefront fails and bombs, because if the way to go is to copy Call of Duty, you deserve to fucking fail, because you're a part of the plague. i am waging war on all those who clone Call of Duty. not because it's bad, and im not saying its good, but just because they are CLONES. clones be fucking damned Crysis is one of my all time favorite games ever, but even CRYSIS i resented when it cloned Call of Duty   Battlefield is the only real original shooter with big balls of steel around the market today, kicking ass and capping flags without the need to copy anything Call of Duty does or looks like (BF2 created unlocks so dont tell me about MW unlocks)..  DICE are the only ones with real fucking care for their products, innovation and originality. and everyone else be fucking damned because they're shameless CoD cloning motherfuckers.  "

I find it hard to believe you actually think the diarrhea coming out of your mouth is in any way true or an original thought.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @example1013 said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic: SOCOM 4. MAG. Two games that have little to do with CoD-style multiplayer. One of which is an extremely polished game, the other not out yet."
    true, add those to the list !! 

"
    Get off DICE's nuts. They didn't invent unlockables or shooters either, they just may have been the first ones to combine the two.  "
    which is what they created.. unlockables in a shooter. hello ? 

" Most good games nowadays aren't revolutionary. They're just old concepts from seemingly disparate areas blended together and placed in a framework with really solid gameplay to make something fun. "
    there's a difference between an unoriginal game taking old concepts and creating a fascinating game out of them, like Uncharted 2, which lacked innovation in every aspect yet perfected it's rehashed concepts and delivered an amazing experience, and between full-blown clones.
    Avatar image for harbinger_of_hippos
    Harbinger_Of_Hippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the text reminds me of Borderlands 0_o

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Example1013
    @Ahmad_Metallic: That's fine. I'm sorry, I guess I was a bit too harsh. You're hating the clones, not CoD 4. You have to understand, though, there are tons of BF fans who hate on MW simply because they like Battlefield, and I thought that's what you were doing. My bad!
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @example1013 said:
    "  You have to understand, though, there are tons of BF fans who hate on MW simply because they like Battlefield, and I thought that's what you were doing. My bad! "
    not on Giantbomb there arent.. all (or most of) those who really love a game or really hate a game, or really love a game while really hating it's competitor, actually have OPINIONS concerning the matter and not just blind love/hate 

gotta love Giantbomb !
    herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By herocide

Homefront's multiplayer seems more like the Crysis 2 multiplayer beta to me.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Example1013
    @Ahmad_Metallic: There are plenty of people who blindly hate the Modern Warfare series. They don't enjoy the games, so you would think they'd be indifferent, but not a week goes by without someone raging about Modern Warfare's (and thus Blops') "bland" or "generic" or "overused" gameplay. They also blindly hate Activision. Well, no, I guess they have reason to. But I'm sure there are many who're just jumping on the bandwagon.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hooded
    @Ahmad_Metallic It seems you have a lot of anger inside lol.

I don't think this looks like a COF clone, i've played pretty much all the Military shooters, from Arma to COD to BF. Theres alot of choice out there and while I do understand why you're tired of COD clones but Homefrint looks more like a BF clone to me with some COD parts taken from it :-)
    Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45  Edited By shivermetimbers

If I hear good things about the single player I might trade in some games for it.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hooded

*Cod, cant edit on iPhone

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Hooded said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic It seems you have a lot of anger inside lol. I don't think this looks like a COF clone, i've played pretty much all the Military shooters, from Arma to COD to BF. Theres alot of choice out there and while I do understand why you're tired of COD clones"
    you bet your ass im angry.. the industry is getting fucking murdered and demolished and swept by these Call of Duty minions and it looks like its never going to fucking end. good developers with good unique games are giving up on their beliefs in innovation and diversity and dedicating their fucking lives to copy COD if not compete with it 

" Homefrint looks more like a BF clone to me with some COD parts taken from it :-) "

you watched the video in the OP and got a Battlefield vibe? i dunno how thats possible.. which is why i dunno how to respond :(
    Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#48  Edited By Commisar123

hmmm looks better than i thought still probablly going to be crap though 
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hooded
    @Ahmad_Metallic
    @Hooded said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic It seems you have a lot of anger inside lol. I don't think this looks like a COF clone, i've played pretty much all the Military shooters, from Arma to COD to BF. Theres alot of choice out there and while I do understand why you're tired of COD clones"
    you bet your ass im angry.. the industry is getting fucking murdered and demolished and swept by these Call of Duty minions and it looks like its never going to fucking end. good developers with good unique games are giving up on their beliefs in innovation and diversity and dedicating their fucking lives to copy COD if not compete with it 

" Homefrint looks more like a BF clone to me with some COD parts taken from it :-) "

you watched the video in the OP and got a Battlefield vibe? i dunno how thats possible.. which is why i dunno how to respond :(
    Ofcorse, thats why i posted it ;-) lol. Yeah i think with all the vehicles and equipment, it looks like BF. I'll boot the laptop up and have another look.
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BigBoss1911

Im kind of excited about this, Best Buy pre order is tempting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.