Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

Did they shutdown the servers for this game?

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

[Console versions obviously]

Just pondering something here. I bought this game for £4 on Amazon (it hasn't arrived yet) and was wondering if they had shut down the multiplayer servers for it?

Any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated, duders!

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hopefully.

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153: Not the answer I was looking for.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm reading that people had trouble connecting in February but it's always possible they were just down so they could transfer over to Crytek.

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock: I'm kinda hoping that's the case. Thanks for your input, duder!

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Phr4nk0

Last I heard they are down right now. They have been down for a couple weeks at least now. They used to do server maintenence every so often and they would go down for a few hours then come back up, last time they never came back up. THQ has commented saying they haven't shut them down but are in the process of porting it to Crytek, Crytek has said they have no plans to shut them down however since they don't have the servers yet they can't do anything about it. The servers were never really stable to begin with, people would drop from higher population matches all the time.

I'm guessing since Crytek bought it THQ aren't bothering to really find out what is going on with the servers. It's a waste of money to service a game they don't own, especially in the situation they are in. Whether or not they come back up is up to Crytek when they get full control, and if they can figure out what THQ have been doing to run the servers and what's happened to them. I think they will come back seeing as Crytek is working on Homefront 2, and pulling the servers for the original may give them some bad press before releasing the sequel.

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ObsideonDarman

@phr4nk0: Cool. Thanks very much for your info. Appreciate it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.