Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

Demo?

MrWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MrWright

Doe any one know or has anybody heard if there will be an online demo released before this ships?

I ask as I seem to remember hearing there will be one but cannot find any reference to it. Also I want to try the online before I send my ill gotten gains.

Evil_Alaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Evil_Alaska
    @MrWright: I know I read some where that there were plans to have a multiplayer demo. Don't think a date was mentioned, but I think it was going to be prerelease. 
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

I don't remember hearing anything about a demo, but the game doesn't come out for a good while still, so maybe we'll hear something in the interim.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck

I really hope they DO put out a demo for it because I'm really on the fence on this one.

MrWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrWright

Cheers for the input, just as long as I am not going crazy!

andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By andrewf87462
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Yanngc33

Probably not seeing how its an FPS and its too late for Multiplayer Beta

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By JudgeDread

review scores will tell us why there never was a demo for this game prerelease...

First one: EDGE 5/10

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By Soap
    @JudgeDread said:
    "First one: EDGE 5/10"
    Ouch, although I'm not shocked, I've seen very little of this game, seems like they are trying to hide it away as much as possible. 
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pweidman

The Egde review doesn't bother w/mp details and comes off as a sp review only.  Rendered moot to me, as the mp is the dominant draw of the game.  BTW, Metacritic has 3 reviews up, and all are 8.5 and higher.  XBOXAddict loved the sp for what that's worth. 

EDIT: Extensive video of mp and sp are on youtube, plenty to see and judge.  Game looks fun and could be a worthy replacement for Blops until BF3 drops.
    daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By daiphyer

I really liked what I've seen of it. The MP seems like a mix of BC and CoD, which is great. However, one thing I'm worried about is the lack of variety of guns. In both 360 reviews they said there aren't much guns in the game.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By louiedog
    @Yanngc33 said:
    " Probably not seeing how its an FPS and its too late for Multiplayer Beta "
    demo != beta

There was a closed multiplayer beta  couple of months ago. They really seem determined to push this game with all of the marketing and bonuses and things. A demo might help sell it to some people.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
    @pweidman: The multiplayer is the draw?  That was never the case for me.  I was kind of surprised when they announced multiplayer.  The draw for me was always the single player, which seemed to be a huge part of the focus they were pointing out during the early development of the game.  John Milius writing the script + the system they had (don't know if it's still there) where events were taking place pretty close to you (i.e. - shooting down a helicopter would mean it's going to veer closer to you when it's coming in for the crash) = the exciting part for me.  Multiplayer was an afterthought. 

Kind of odd to hear that the focus has changed somehow.  Then again, everyone wants to compete against Battlefield and Call of Duty, eh?
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Yanngc33
    @louiedog: hey! the forums work :)
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DeF
    @Soap said:
    " @JudgeDread said:
    "First one: EDGE 5/10"
    Ouch, although I'm not shocked, I've seen very little of this game, seems like they are trying to hide it away as much as possible.  "
    This is an EDGE review. Add two points to their scores and you get the average score for all other reviews. Seriously, EDGE reviews are EXTREMELY harsh most of the time.

Personally, I don't care much about gun variety (as long as those guns you do have do the trick) and what I heard so far about the game sounded very intriguing.
    oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By oysteinBrenne

they will have a multiplayer demo some time after launch

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.