Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

Halo 5: Guardians Hunt The Truth "RadioPlay" / Halo 5 Stuff Thread

• 189 results
    theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

@jasonr86 said:

@theacidskull:

Any type of hashtag marketing is gross to me. It feels opportunistic and placating I guess. It just grosses me out. Plus when things are over-marketed it makes me wonder if they are trying to goose sales because they feel they have to. So marketing that is persistent and constant does the opposite for me the I imagine marketers would hope.

Well...that's an interesting opinion If I do say so. I enjoy the secrecy, it only serves as build up for E3 either ways, you know? Most of the real showing off will be done in June for all intents and purposes. If Hunt The Truth turns out to be the only source of info, I'd be skeptical too.

Plus, there's also the fact that Halo's reputation is on a thin line after Halo 4(I didn't think it was that bad, in fact I'd give it a solid 8/10) and the debacle that was MCC, so I'm sure there hype doesn't come from thin air.

Avatar image for gristlemcthornbody
    GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If the name is blacked out, how does he know that the document refers to the same John?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Episode 02, what the F is going on?

OG story where John is abducted and replaced by clone, clone dies whilst John get's trained.

A propaganda story where John is built up as this perfect soldier who faced great adversity during his youth, including the death of his parents, and these events are what led him to enlisting.

If the name is blacked out, how does he know that the document refers to the same John?

that's more of a "let's not show his last name" by 343.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's clear that some of these interviewees are hired by ONI. They are basically telling Benjamin the story he obviously wants to hear. It's the perfect superhero origin - Unbroken among the broken, hopeful among the hopeless, strong among the weak, and so on and on.

They are trying to cover up the Spartan II program through lies. It's nothing new at this point, but it is interesting to see what had been going on with the world while John was trained to be a Spartan. Interested to see how Ben uncovers these truths too.

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

I would love to criticize the inconsistencies in Episode 1 where they say John was 12 when he began boxing but I keep hearing these clone theories, so I'll hold off from being an ass until I learn more.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Deranged

Just listened to Episode 2. Obviously Katrina and Ellie just done fucked up ONI's cover up story. It seems they might be trying to build up John as this patriotic icon, give him purpose as a hero, and then make it all the easier to band against him with some false truth that seems to be going on with Guardians.

So Halsey's plan essentially worked. Kidnap the kids, replace them with clones. Was it her plan for the clones to die to avoid future confusion if the two were ever linked?

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged said:

I would love to criticize the inconsistencies in Episode 1 where they say John was 12 when he began boxing but I keep hearing these clone theories, so I'll hold off from being an ass until I learn more.

Doubt the clone theory is true, I think it has more to do with the boxing coach being an ONI agent or something like that.

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged said:

Doubt the clone theory is true, I think it has more to do with the boxing coach being an ONI agent or something like that.

Its not a theory. In the very first book The Fall of Reach they Halsey talks about how there creating clones of the children that will die off after a few years. Johns clone making it to twelve isn't crazy but at a certain point the clones were meant to just die off suddenly.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boxxybae said:

@theacidskull said:

@deranged said:

Its not a theory. In the very first book The Fall of Reach they Halsey talks about how there creating clones of the children that will die off after a few years. Johns clone making it to twelve isn't crazy but at a certain point the clones were meant to just die off suddenly.

I'm aware of the flash clones. I was referring to the theory that the Flash clone survived, which has pretty much been debunked by the second audio episode.

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Ah yea. Its plausible that the clone survived but I doubt it. The boxing story was nothing but a hoax.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged said:

WORD BRAH! Obviously, any mention of John beyond the age of six are all false information and lies, which Ellie and Katrina proved by confirming the clone's death almost immediately after.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

@boxxybae: Or a different John and Oni Knew it.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By big_jon

The more I think about it the more hopeful I am that 343 will pull something off here with some of these questions that they're asking about Chief.

The most impactful thing in Halo 4 was that Cortana died, and though it wasn't handled perfectly, the personal story of Chief and Cortana was by far the most meaningful thing in Halo 4, I thought it added a lot to the emotional resonance of the game, it also stood to make Master Chief a potentially way more interesting Character than in the past.

Honestly, with where Halsey is and with where John is, especially after losing Cortana, there is potential for some pretty powerful drama in Halo 5 (if that's your thing, it's mine) if they do it right. Chief has lost all his brothers and sisters in the other Spartan II's as far as he is aware besides what's left of blue team basically, he has lost his closest companion in Cortana. All he has left is Fred/Linda/Kelly, and his "mother" Halsey, who kidnapped him at 6, ruining his parents lives, and forcing him to become a soldier which I'd imagine in his current state is started to weigh on him more and more. Chiefs life has literally been nothing but lose and he has never done anything to question it. Meanwhile Halsey is being hunted by ONI as well as Chief himself, despite being the reason that the Human race is still around by a new breed of Spartans meant to replace him.

Starting to see him actually break a little at his seams, even if subtle would go a long way with me. I want Halo to be a universe with consequence and I want them to play off the strengths of Halo 4.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_jon said:

The more I think about it the more hopeful I am that 343 will pull something off here with some of these questions that they're asking about Chief.

The most impactful thing in Halo 4 was that Cortana died, and though it wasn't handled perfectly, the personal story of Chief and Cortana was by far the most meaningful thing in Halo 4, I thought it added a lot to the emotional resonance of the game, it also stood to make Master Chief a potentially way more interesting Character than in the past.

Honestly, with where Halsey is and with where John is, especially after losing Cortana, there is potential for some pretty powerful drama in Halo 5 (if that's your thing, it's mine) if they do it right. Chief has lost all his brothers and sisters in the other Spartan II's as far as he is aware besides what's left of blue team basically, he has lost his closest companion in Cortana. All he has left is Fred/Linda/Kelly, and his "mother" Halsey, who kidnapped him at 6, ruining his parents lives, and forcing him to become a soldier which I'd imagine in his current state is started to weigh on him more and more. Chiefs life has literally been nothing but lose and he has never done anything to question it. Meanwhile Halsey is being hunted by ONI as well as Chief himself, despite being the reason that the Human race is still around by a new breed of Spartans meant to replace him.

Starting to see him actually break a little at his seams, even if subtle would go a long way with me. I want Halo to be a universe with consequence and I want them to play off the strengths of Halo 4.

Agreed, Johns evolution is number one priority list when it comes to Halo 5. His characterization is one of the things I loved about Halo 4. I hope Halo 5 has more pivotal moments where Chiefs character takes subtle yet integral developments, like when he disobeyed a direct order from Del Rio in Halo 4.

Also, I kind of want to see John lose his temper just once. For someone who is a stoic as a damn rock, i'd be very interesting to see him take a momentary, yet dramatic turn.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_jon said:

Agreed, Johns evolution is number one priority list when it comes to Halo 5. His characterization is one of the things I loved about Halo 4. I hope Halo 5 has more pivotal moments where Chiefs character takes subtle yet integral developments, like when he disobeyed a direct order from Del Rio in Halo 4.

Also, I kind of want to see John lose his temper just once. For someone who is a stoic as a damn rock, i'd be very interesting to see him take a momentary, yet dramatic turn.

I want to see Chief and Halsey together. On the run, breaking rules to fight for the truth, inadvertently making them seem like the "bad guys" in the process.

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

I almost would be afraid to see John lose his shit. I cant imagine what would break him.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boxxybae said:

@theacidskull:

I almost would be afraid to see John lose his shit. I cant imagine what would break him.

Almost reviving Cortana and failing at the last second because of someone?

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boxxybae said:

@theacidskull:

That... oh man if Locke got Cortana "killed" that would be horrifying.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boxxybae said:

@theacidskull said:

@boxxybae said:

@theacidskull:

That... oh man if Locke got Cortana "killed" that would be horrifying.

MC would probably pound him into a puddle of blood

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so this really is the Year of the Hunt.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By big_jon

John finding out that a Spartan shot off Halsey's arm at the order of Oni might piss him off, but I see it more subtle that raging out, that's just not him, and I think that'd be sort of a betrayal of his character.

I could see him asking for answers and abandoning the UNSC's cause at most. Maybe looking for her for answers but not allowing any harm to come to her. He's not just going to start shooting other UNSC personnel or even Oni unless it's in direct defense.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_jon said:

John finding out that a Spartan shot off Halsey's arm at the order of Oni might piss him off, but I see it more subtle that raging out, that's just not him, and I think that'd be sort of a betrayal of his character.

I could see him asking for answers and abandoning the UNSC's cause at most. Maybe looking for her for answers but not allowing any harm to come to her. He's not just going to start shooting other UNSC personnel or even Oni unless it's in direct defense.

I'd imagine Chiefs rage out would be more in line with that of a silent killers than that of the Hulk. Like he doesn't say a word but completely beats the tar out of everyone in the room.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By bigjeffrey

ep 3

getting closer to the truth, Oni prob ain't to happy. These continue to be amazing

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The description of how Chief took out thous poor ODSTs was fucking spine-chilling.

I love it!

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The description of how Chief took out thous poor ODSTs was fucking spine-chilling.

I love it!

I have yet to get to listen to it but i'm assuming you're referring to after his surgery?

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boxxybae said:

@theacidskull said:

I love it!

I have yet to get to listen to it but i'm assuming you're referring to after his surgery?

Yup.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Deranged

FUCK YEAH BUDS!

Stupid ass reporter! Get yo shit straight!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ep 4 early

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, what a cliffhanger

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap, Key is killing it as Benjamin! He is an amazing voice actor! Wish he did this sort of thing more often.

And this was honestly the best episode so far.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Halo 5: Guardians, live action trailer featuring Locke (and yes, pre-order incentives).

Loading Video...

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged: Okay, Locke is pretty fucking badass. I mean, seriously.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged: Okay, Locke is pretty fucking badass. I mean, seriously.

Dude, I just cannot wait to see all the new movement upgrades used in a campaign setting. I always felt the previous games downplayed how crazy Spartans (especially Chief), but never did anything gameplay wise to show it. I love how much faster Guardians is and it fits perfectly with how a Spartan should move.

And man, Locke crashing through that ceiling and tagging the Elite with a sticky!

ALL THE HYPE

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BoxxyBae

@deranged: I'm sitting in class right now what sort of preorder incentives we talking? Please nothing game breaking...

Nevermind. Just googled it. looks like nothing but a skin. whew.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

new ep goes up at 2pm Pacific

No Caption Provided

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#89  Edited By csl316

I'm not gonna listen to these for an hour.

What are they and what's the story so far?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ep 5 20 Min

tdervan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played four but I did read some of the early books... something tells me I'm out of the loop as far as whats happening story wise

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOLY SHIT! HE SPOKE TO MENDEZ!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Image

No Caption Provided

BLUE TEAM

No Caption Provided

ODST Maybe probably/is BUCK

No Caption Provided

@deranged said:

HOLY SHIT! HE SPOKE TO MENDEZ!

Or maybe he's just a plant?

@csl316 said:

I'm not gonna listen to these for an hour.

What are they and what's the story so far?

Jornalist is hired by ONI to get interviews from people of Master Chief's past in order to paint him in a positive light. He interviews people that ONI said to, but he has his own sources and interviews them too. The info they give contradict the info the ONI sources give. He follows up with someone and the start to freak out, the call is recorded he is invited to ONI. The tell him to turn everything in, he fired basically. On his way home he spots a person that he interviewed, he appears to be completely different person as the person he interview. He freaks out and they sedate him, the Space TSA. He arrives home drousy and notices he was recording the whole time. ONI was caught on tape just tossing him around, he's mad now he starts to broadcast the FULL story to the universe, which is basically episode 1 of this. Poorly written but to the point.

It is really interesting, just like listening to a audio book. Some high production values going on here.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Deranged

@bigjeffrey: A plant? O_O

Holy... blue team!? Kelly, Linda and Fred are making a comeback?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what do everybody think the big Forerunner machine-monster-thing is? It showed up in the first trailer, and is looming over a destroyed city in the new image.

My guess is that it is the form that the Didact assumes after being Composed at the end of Halo 4.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue team in Halo 5.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

HYPE LEVELS JUST WENT THROUGH THE ROOF.

Okay, so who is the fourth member of Blue Team? Left of Chief is obviously Linda. I'm guessing far right is Fred. Then middle right is... Tom? At the very least it's probably a SIII given the helmet, yeah?

And then Buck on the ONI side?! YES PLEASE. Now I can't wait to read his new book after finals are over.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Apparently, there's a lot I need to catch up on because now I'm just not sure what's going on anymore. I just want this fucking game.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By big_jon
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@big_jon: Yeah, I did some poking around on r/halo and saw that. I thought it was an SIII given the helmet and the stance/angle of the character made me think it was a dude. But the preference of the character using a pistol is a Kelly thing. I haven't finished Mortal Dictata or read any of the comics, but if they're pulling out Blue Team for H5 I wonder if we'll see any SIII's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.