Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 5: Guardians

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 27, 2015

Eight months after the events of Halo 4, the Master Chief has reunited with his former SPARTAN-II comrades. After they go AWOL, a team of SPARTAN-IVs known as Fireteam Osiris is assigned to hunt them down.

Crazy new Halo 5 trailer.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

Link

Pretty crazy scale, just wow, the music, the banter, the speed. I'm getting a bit avengers feel to the way the scene is "shot" too.

I believe that this is the opening cinematic for the game.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wish that 343 would stop making the Elites out to be stooges, hopefully the Arbiter will do them some justice.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Huh, you're not playing as Master Chief in this one? Gives me a Halo: Reach vibe with the characters. Not a huge fan of the fact that you're fighting the Covenant again though, didn't the war against those guys stop at the end of Halo 3?

Regardless, that was a neat cinematic. Wonder how the gameplay looks relative to that.

frustratedlnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Eh, it looked kind of lame to me.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is it weird that at some point during this game, I just want Blue Team to lay the smackdown on Fireteam Osiris just to be like "hey, you new guys are cool, but Spartan-II's are still the shit"?

Cool trailer though.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: I think it'll definitely be established that Blue team is superior. They're not as showy but they're better more well trained soldiers, they're superior in every way aside from some tech in their gen 1 armour in terms of lethality and the art of war.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

It's very cool looking. I am very excited for Halo, I really hope I like this one as much as I liked 4. They've been talking a lot about story, I really hope they don't mess it up. Flashy, explodey is one thing, but good storytelling is much harder to get right.

When did Samus become a Spartan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

First off that trailer does look like a Halo / Avengers mix up. Secondly that combat does in no way resemble the typical Halo slower paced gameplay (even if it is making strides to be more fast paced). Finally that was a pretty decent Halo trailer.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Cool cutscene, though at a certain point it felt a bit too over-the-top compared to what I'd expect from playing the game. Particularly when one of those Spartans boarded a Phantom with multiple sword-wielding Elites and they didn't lay a finger. :P

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Something about the animations seems off to me, not sure what it is specifically, but the whole thing just seemed weird. Maybe it's just an early version of it or something.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Those guys are way better at Halo than me.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

PR for video games is fucking dumb now. Game's not out yet, BUT HERE'S AN ENTIRE CINEMATIC! I'm sure this is hella dope but there's no way I'm going to watch this before actually playing the game.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By jadegl

@alexw00d said:

Something about the animations seems off to me, not sure what it is specifically, but the whole thing just seemed weird. Maybe it's just an early version of it or something.

To me it feels like there is no weight to the characters. These people in huge metal suits should look and feel imposing and "heavy" but instead it feels like a cartoon where they may as well be balloons filled with helium.

I love Halo games (favorite is ODST, so I can dig a non-Chief centered tale) but this just looks like it's trying to be something else. I don't get a Halo vibe. I dunno, this whole pre-release hype worries me. Maybe it will be awesome and I'm just putting to much weight on trailers and early gameplay glimpses, but I'm just not excited. Ever since they said their wouldn't be split screen co-op I've been feeling less and less excited, in fact. I hope I am super wrong about this. I really do.

I will say this, Nathan Fillion looks rad. I dig him a lot, so that's a thumbs up from me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.