Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

What do you want form the next Halo?

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By zombie2011

Now i'm gonna say some stuff that a lot of people will hate but this is what I want so I don't care.

1. More scripted events – Now I'm not saying go crazy with it like Uncharted or COD, but the 10 second sequence in the beginning of the game was cool. It looked really nice and was almost impossible to fail, which I think is exactly what a scripted events should be. A couple more of these in the game would just add more variety to a game that already has a ton of it and thats not a bad thing. Also a turret sequence would be cool, like the one in Reach.

2. More Flying – Reach had a flying section that was quite good, now the flying section in Halo 4 was fucking awesome! It was pretty much the trench run from Star Wars I did it in one go without dying and it was the coolest moment in the game for me.

3. More music ques – Halo 4 seemed kind of light on the battle music compared to past Halo's, however I felt when the music did kick in, like the last mission while flying, and when Cortana is splitting her self up it was much more impactful than in the other games.

4. More Spartans – I'm tired of fighting beside weak ass soldiers, I want to start a level with me leading a charge with 15-20 Spartan-IV's behind me and just wrecking shop.

5. Boss Battles – Not like Tartarus from Halo 2, but more like the Scarab fights in Halo 3.

6. More Awe invoking landscape – The moment in Halo 4 where you walk through this grey/brown blown up environment, then see a little opening in a mountain side walk through it and are greeted by one of the most gorgeous vistas in VG I can remember was fucking awesome. I literally just stood there and stared at the environment for 5 minutes because the music and the scenery were just perfect.

7. Cities – If not on Earth let's go the the Elite homeworld and destroy it, because at this point fuck them.

I have some more but i just finished the game and this is what i thought of right away.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Zekhariah

16-way co-op with appropriate encounter size scaling.

That is probably a horrible idea, but it is still something that I would like to see (assuming I'm not putting up the money to fund development).

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Izuna drops. All games are improved with them.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

More sexy AI.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Benny

More open space battles like the original Halo

As crazy as possible weapons, they gain nothing by adding another sniper or another shotgun like they did this time round.

larger number of multiplayer participants

The ability to save?!?!?!?!? blasphemy.

The story needs to be less predictable, perhaps a different narrative style instead of just point A to point B, needs to ask more moral questions, needs to involve more relationships between deeper characters, more subtlety. a little humor/heart. (you get a lot of this from ODST.) Story can be told within gameplay if they think on it a little, they don't have to have cutscenes everywhere.

I predict there will be none of this whatsoever and they'll continue to make the safest game they possibly can.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By csl316

More tweaks with different enemies, vehicles, and weapons.

The Covenant in this one seemed like the Protoss in Starcraft 2: not some overwhelming force, but some annoying group. Either make them more formidable or get rid of them as the primary enemies.

And a nice mix of open Halo 1 combat areas juxtaposed with huge battles like some of the stuff in Halo 3. The core gameplay is strong, but each game tends to do one scenario type the best. Can't we get one with everything?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stopped reading the OP as soon as I saw "more scripted events".

As for what I would like:

• Better new enemies - These Promethean guys suck. Seriously. I know some people bemoaned the return of The Covenant, but I'll take more of them over Prometheans any day of the week. They're nowhere near as much fun to fight as Covies, nor as well designed. If Prometheans are going to be the primary enemies moving forward, then 343 really needs to go back to the drawing board.
    • More original weapons - Reskinning existing weapons is a lazy and boring way of making new weapons.
    • More memorable music - The new music isn't bad, but very little of it stuck in my mind after I was finished.
    • Less Forerunner interior sections - I feel like half the game I was inside some boring, cavernous grey room with nonsensical architecture.
    • Stop trying to recreate Halo 1 - I feel like every Halo game since the original has just been a rehash of the most memorable moments from the first game. Come up with NEW awesome stuff!
    MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By MEATBALL

No more covenant. New weapons that feel like NEW weapons.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By colourful_hippie

@MEATBALL said:

No more covenant. New weapons that feel like NEW weapons.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By big_jon

I want to not think about it right now, I want it to learn from Halo 4, I want it to not come out for another 4 years, and I want them to spend more time making a cohesive story.

I also would like the Arbiters war with the Storm Covenant to come into play a bit.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aetheldod

Tho I havent played Halo 4 what the op says sounds good except the more scripted events ... Jus no no no no .... this is something that would make it more like COD and less halo ... we dont need scripted events like those , why must all the FPS nowadays be COD clones?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Soapy86 said:

Stopped reading the OP as soon as I saw "more scripted events".

As for what I would like:

• Better new enemies - These Promethean guys suck. Seriously. I know some people bemoaned the return of The Covenant, but I'll take more of them over Prometheans any day of the week. They're nowhere near as much fun to fight as Covies, nor as well designed. If Prometheans are going to be the primary enemies moving forward, then 343 really needs to go back to the drawing board.
    • More original weapons - Reskinning existing weapons is a lazy and boring way of making new weapons.
    • More memorable music - The new music isn't bad, but very little of it stuck in my mind after I was finished.
    • Less Forerunner interior sections - I feel like half the game I was inside some boring, cavernous grey room with nonsensical architecture.
    • Stop trying to recreate Halo 1 - I feel like every Halo game since the original has just been a rehash of the most memorable moments from the first game. Come up with NEW awesome stuff!

Yup. All these.

The Prometheans were a waste. Tedious, uninteresting, sometimes unbalanced. What makes the Covenant such a viable enemy is not only their variety, but their general awareness of their surroundings and the situation. Kill the Elite and his Grunts and Jackals run, the latter with their shields up over their heads. Bring the Elite's shields down but reload, and he brandishes a ceremonial energy sword for one last noble stand.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see something along the lines of the AI Director involved with Halo. Not that I want mobs of enemies spawning in magically behind me or Hunters every ten minutes, but I'd like to see the enemies ahead prep for me based on how well I'm clearing out their buddies elsewhere in the level. Employ different tactics to keep me on my feet. Unlike the OP, I don't want any scripted bullshit in my Halo if I can help it. I want variability and surprise. That's always been Halo's strength. Give me more of that.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

What I want kinda involves a story point and could spoil the ending of the game for those who haven't played Halo 4.

With Cortana presumed dead, I want a more anger filled and ruthless attitude from Master Chief. He has lost a close friend and comrade, I don't want him to just shrug it off and keep acting like a straight laced soldier. Give him some passionate rage for the death of his best friend.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

More exposition with the story.

More different guns.

Less covenant, more original stuff.

More open-endedness within the levels.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mrfluke

@TheUnsavedHero said:

What I want kinda involves a story point and could spoil the ending of the game for those who haven't played Halo 4.

With Cortana presumed dead, I want a more anger filled and ruthless attitude from Master Chief. He has lost a close friend and comrade, I don't want him to just shrug it off and keep acting like a straight laced soldier. Give him some passionate rage for the death of his best friend.

yeaaaaaaa, i want this, and then have a cocky spartan 4 be a dick and then have chief almost kill the guy out of rage. would really sell how broken he is after the end.

other than that.

better music cues, theres real good music in this game, but it wasnt cued at the right spots with the exception at the very end, and the beginning of the last level. when your flying in the ship.

more enemy types, which if anyone that read the forerunner books knows that this can possibly happen for the next few halo games.

Arbiter sequences, i feel with the way the covenant is now, it could set up for interesting moments in a halo 5 and 6

and most importantly i want a full story that doesnt require external knowledge, this game focused too much on the chief/cortana relationship ( which was done real well), but every other conflict suffered ( how is anyone that didnt read the books supposed to know why the covenant are fighting us still? (they could have easily laid that out when cheif was with the unsc, , other than yo its halo, and did anyone that didnt read the books get a sense of who the didact is?)

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Vinny_Says

Halo 5 legendary ending will show the lower half of the chief's face and then in Halo 6 you finally see it all!

But on a serious note, I want Halo 5 to elaborate on the Arbiter fight with the covenant and the civil war on their home planet (not playing as the arbiter a la Halo 2 but at least talk about it).

I'll leave the rest to much smarter and more creative minds than me.

Adaurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Adaurin

All I want are Grunts that speak English and the return of the Arbiter, even if it's only a cameo.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

I want Firefight to return.

I want Campaign scoring to return.

I like Spartan Ops, but can't for the life of me understand why I can't play it if my internet goes out (which it's prone to do).

Make Prometheans... you know... interesting in some way. ANY WAY. Their story is cool, but they're so damn dull to fight. Shoot the Watcher, 2, 3, Pick off crawlers, 5, 6, Polish off the Knights, 7, 8. Every encounter plays out the same. They are simply not fun to fight. The Flood were never as fun to fight as the Covenant, but they had their own set of challenges and it kept you engaged from encounter to encounter. Prometheans are literally one samey encounter after another. And let's not even talk about the bullshit portal spawning that leaves you instantly surrounded because you went where the game sent you with a Waypoint. It's maddening!

I know a lot of people have issue with the mutliplayer, but whatever. I take multiplayer for whatever it it. Rather than hoping the devs will bend to what I want from the past, I like to learn what is there and how to be as effective as my meager skills will allow with how the game is. End of story. If a title update comes and makes sweeping changes it won't matter much to me at all. I'll adapt to that the same way I adapted to the new game upon release. MP is fine in my book. Although I love having a playlist just for Oddball finally. No more griefers who are pissed about the VETO being ignored so they just camp the ball and ruin the fun for people who want that chaotic Oddball experience.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EXTomar

Simply put: Less or no more vehicle sections. The flying section was not fun.

killerclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By killerclaw

They need to make the campaign longer, it was much too short (7hrs-ish on heroic) than I expect from a halo game. Otherwise, I also think they need to try and do something new, the new enemies and weapons just fit into the exact same nice. Also, bring back Brutes and explain why the covvies aligned with the forerunners.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By freakin9

Movie quality tea-bagging.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@KillerClaw said:

They need to make the campaign longer, it was much too short (7hrs-ish on heroic) than I expect from a halo game. Otherwise, I also think they need to try and do something new, the new enemies and weapons just fit into the exact same nice. Also, bring back Brutes and explain why the covvies aligned with the forerunners.

They did explain why this particular faction of Covenant are allied with the Prometheans and the Didact. The Elites, as a race, are not hostile toward Humans anymore. In Halo 4 you are dealing with a splinter faction.

And while it wasn't covered in the games, I wouldn't expect to see Brutes again anytime soon. I may be wrong, but if I recall correctly, the Elites went after the Brutes once the Covenant and the Prophets fell. Again, my memory isn't what it used to be so you may wanna double check that. But I think I read that somewhere in one of the books or Wiki pages I've looked at over the years since Halo 3.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By aleryn

Those crappy rehash Forerunner weapons ripped out of the game or totally redone without being analogs to existing guns. I also wouldn't mind if they just gave up on making new enemies if they're going to be as boring as the THREE TOTAL in 4. So glad the multiplayer was good...

Oh and Firefight.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DystopiaX

@Aleryn said:

Those crappy rehash Forerunner weapons ripped out of the game or totally redone without being analogs to existing guns. I also wouldn't mind if they just gave up on making new enemies if they're going to be as boring as the THREE TOTAL in 4. So glad the multiplayer was good...

Oh and Firefight.

The part of the campaign where you were fighting Covenant only was my favorite anyway, and has been in every Halo game. Fuck the Flood, and fuck the Forerunners.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Klei

Iron sights. ( Don't judge me :( )

Better feel that you are in a heavy battle armor, and yet very agile.

Visor and armor powers for the campaign. I want to feel powerful. I want more Metroid Prime in my Halo.

Revamping of the Banshees. Damn they're not fun anymore.

Break away from the traditional mold of the campaign.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nottle

@zombie2011: I agree with everything your saying except more scripted events. What makes Halo good is that it avoids that crap and lets you play around with the situations your given.

One thing I'd like them to do is come up with more interesting guns. Look at what insomniac does with their weapons, Halo's universe is perfect for weapons that are a little more... interesting.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By jorbear

sexier

Rahxephon91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rahxephon91

I would like an online system that allows me to actually play the way I want to.

I really want to like Halo 4. It's fun and while some of the small changes annoy me, I still have fun. But the game doesn't want me to enjoy the game. It doesn't allow me to play what I want. How does this make sense in 2012? If I were to put BF3 in my Xbox right now. I could chose what gametype I want to play on the maps I only want to play. I wouldn't have to suffer playing game types or maps I don't like. If a room goes places I dislike, guess what? I just go look for another room.

Why is Halo so diffuclt?

If I put in Reach right now, I see a bunch of playlist I don't want to play. I only like objective modes like Assault of CTF. Even the vague objective playlist doesn't want me to play what I want. So I chose that playlist and I hope and pray that I get what I want. The match loads and the people chose a small map I dislike on a mode I don't want. Then I quit the game, that's not what I want. What online game in 2012 doesn't allow you to play what you want. It's dumb.I stop playing Reach, because I never get what I want. Why the heck would I want to play game modes on maps I don't want. Why make a system that does this?

So I put in Halo 4. Thankfully among the many slayer and kill whatever variations of crap 343 has allowed a objective playlist of CTF. Oh boy! I'm so happy they think that maybe some people want to play more team work game game types. But I guess they did'nt think those people would want to play on more then 2-3 maps. In this playlist you have 4 maps. 2 small maps that I'm not fans of. 1 average map and basically Blood Glutch 2.0. The only map I like is Blood Glutch and I guess it's good the community shares my opinion, because that's the one the 90% of the time they chose when it's an option. So basically I'm stuck playing this 1 map. I don't even know what the other maps are because the game doesn't think I should. How can an online game these days have a system that basically keeps you from playing parts of it. I really don't have much of choice.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Firefight.

Mission (Spartan Op?) creator.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By jillsandwich

@TheUnsavedHero said:

So, you're saying that a rage meter should be implemented. Kill guys to fill up the meter and then Chief gets really mad and becomes temporarily invincible.

garyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By garyd

@jillsandwich said:

@TheUnsavedHero said:

So, you're saying that a rage meter should be implemented. Kill guys to fill up the meter and then Chief gets really mad and becomes temporarily invincible.

the Fall of Reach had a scene where John, shortly after receiving his physical augmentations, was confronted by four ODSTs in an event staged to test his abilities. the subsequent beatdown was both epic and largely reminiscent of how i imagined "bullet time" would work. i love me some Halo and cringe at the thought of a poorly implemented version of this, but if thoughtfully integrated i can see it working

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bananaz

Take some big risks. Real ones. Abandon the Covenant and Forerunners. Or make you play as Raiden. Switch perspectives and play as a rebel fighting the UNSC. What if there's a UNSC civil war? Make you go, "I can't believe they're willing to do that".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.