Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

A Spartan vs an Elite in a fist fight? Oh hell yeah!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

This is something I have always wanted to see! Finally, through Spartan Ops it is here!

What do you guys think of the Spartan Ops story so far? I am starting to like the characters more my self, seeing an elite an a main antagonist is nice, Jul does a great job at this. finally seeing Serin Osman is pretty great too, and her telling Lasky to take out Halsey? It won't happen, but Oni is getting more and more evil. I think the the universe will change with Spartan Ops, which is a good thing, i think I like the story that Spartan Ops is telling more than the overarching one in the campaign now.

I have a feeling that I know where Halo 5 is headed, at least partially.

Also, Palmer? That is one big scary lady.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By KaneRobot

The more recent SpOps episodes have had a much more interesting story than the first 5. Kind of wrote it off as something not really relevant to the story after I finished the first set, but the last few weeks pulled me back in for sure.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DaMisterChief

Really loving Spartan Ops cinematics

No Caption Provided
    artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By artelinarose

@DaMisterChief said:

No Caption Provided

OHHH BABY

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

@Artemesia said:

@DaMisterChief said:

No Caption Provided

OHHH BABY

He's a big boy.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By meaninoflife42

@DaMisterChief said:

No Caption Provided

I have the weirdest boner right now.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By laserbolts

Say what you want about halo 4 but 343 can definetly do some great looking cinematics.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

I just watched it in its entirety on YouTube, because I had never even tried Spartan Ops, and I'm surprised because it was better than I expected, and gave some story bits I'd like to know before going into five. I wonder if Master Chief is hopeful that Cortana can become what she once was, so he tries to track down Halsey, which would make this really interesting to me. I wonder if that's his journey. Also, yes, I know this is old, but Halo 5 is coming out this year, and I think anyone interested that hasn't played or seen Spartan Ops should watch the cutscenes. It takes place six months after fours main campaign.

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm:

Well, you got me to watch them. I picked up the MCC around Christmas and watched 1-2 episodes after finishing 4's campaign for the first time (360 bricked before 4 released, so MCC was a great purchase) but found them pretty uninteresting.

They definitely picked up eventually, and I think they give a much better peak of what's to come than the intro and epilogue of H2A did. If you never watched those I would look them up, they're not much (3 minutes total) but they do provide another tiny glimpse of what's to come.

I enjoy where the new trilogy's story is heading, where there are protagonists and antagonists on both sides. Much more dynamic than the cookie-cutter formula of "Humans vs Covenant but now we have to team up against the greater foe."

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasher27: I got MCC on release and went through them all on easy, and I am just now starting them on legendary. I've already beaten the originals except for one on legendary, but I feel like doing it again. I'm almost finished with the first, and it actually (like the other Halo's) makes it a better experience. Combat Evolved has always been my least favorite, even though still solid, but now it's closer to the greater experience the rest are to me. Yeah, the Anniversary 2 scenes aren't much, but it kind of makes me think that it starts out that Locke is sent to kill Chief, but over time, he learns of his journey and doesn't want to kill him anymore.

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went through them all solo on heroic first (except the CE Library level, fuck that level). Great experience throughout, except for parts of 2. I feel like in 2 especially that heroic was meant as a coop difficulty instead of the balanced, challenging solo difficulty that it is for most of the series.

I felt like I was just throwing myself against a wall at certain points of 2, most notably any brute section. They're really just terribly balanced enemies in 2 (which is why bungie went through all the effort in 3 to make them more like elites).

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By theacidskull

@nasher27 said:

I went through them all solo on heroic first (except the CE Library level, fuck that level). Great experience throughout, except for parts of 2. I feel like in 2 especially that heroic was meant as a coop difficulty instead of the balanced, challenging solo difficulty that it is for most of the series.

I felt like I was just throwing myself against a wall at certain points of 2, most notably any brute section. They're really just terribly balanced enemies in 2 (which is why bungie went through all the effort in 3 to make them more like elites).

They're pretty easy to manage once you get the hang of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.