Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

The new halo game is not an expansion

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Having seen the trailer a good amount of times now and reading a very clever and detailed analysis (forgot who it was by- he also does analyses of the campaign of halo 3) im convinced that the new Halo game is not an expansion and definately is not DLC.

It is a new game set at least during Halo 2.  We can't really assume it extends so much further beyond that, but the trailer most definately occurs just after the level New Mombasa in Halo 2 (this is the explosion you just see with the cornor of your eye).  I would guess that it will go into Halo 3 and be essentially Halo 2.5, but that is obviously an assumption.  They could even have a level from halo 1 as I doubt that theyll have the new mombasa bombing as the intro.  It obviously won't be the climax though.  The covies are coming in- somewhere in that will be the climax, but either way, it's not like Halo has definate peaks anyway.

You will most definately be playing from an alternative view.  MC lis leaving  new mombasa during this scene to Delta Halo? 

So unless they do a time loop thing from MC landing on that weird planet (which I guess is technically possible), this is not just a extension- you're not a spartan here.

Yes, I realize, the trailer says Halo 3 in it, but so what?  Halo 3: Keep It Clean/ whatever itll be called.  It is an alternative view from prior to halo 3's timeline and definately at least during Halo 2.

And besides, if you boot up Halo 3 you'll read "Check out the new game we're making.  Go to bungie.net or the marketplace. "

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Pibo47

Its just going to be a 4-player surviaval mode.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Rowr

i still vote that its DLC.

Thats microsofts agenda.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Pibo47 said:
    "Its just going to be a 4-player surviaval mode."

Left4Flood. You heard it here first!
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

the flood are essentially mega-zombies.  and thats actually true
    but they aren't retards, they have intelligence (as demonstrated in the level covenant or with the gravemind)

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Rowr said:
    "i still vote that its DLC.

Thats microsofts agenda."
    but you have to realize:  Halo 3 sold 9 million copies.  Why would they limit a new game to be only through a game meaning limiting yourself to that crowd? 
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

everyone figures its an ODST or whatever squad based gears/graw style more bloody game that was rumored a while back...and its looking like it is more and more. There was a date I believe somewhere in the trailer..said 1/09 and something...so January 09 I'm guessing you'll know more, no sense in people keep speculating, chances are everyone is wrong, or right on the mark already...only one of those two.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb
    pause422 said:
    "everyone figures its an ODST or whatever squad based gears/graw style more bloody game that was rumored a while back...and its looking like it is more and more. There was a date I believe somewhere in the trailer..said 1/09 and something...so January 09 I'm guessing you'll know more, no sense in people keep speculating, chances are everyone is wrong, or right on the mark already...only one of those two."

So don't speculate, because if you do you could be right or wrong? Haha, wtf...
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gizmo

Wait a minute, this is actually possible, but I would say it's 50/50 chance. The fact that the Halo 3 icon shows up kinda suggests that it is DLC.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    pause422 said:
    "everyone figures its an ODST or whatever squad based gears/graw style more bloody game that was rumored a while back...and its looking like it is more and more. There was a date I believe somewhere in the trailer..said 1/09 and something...so January 09 I'm guessing you'll know more, no sense in people keep speculating, chances are everyone is wrong, or right on the mark already...only one of those two."
    no one ever said it was a more bloody game nor graw style.
    it was said to be darker and with the marines

that doesn't mean its tatical at all nor bloodier.  Its still halo.  i think the trailer gives a good representation of it
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

A lot of people would think that, but I believe Bungie said this was a teaser to 'one' of their new projects, and everyone can at least assume this much, that one of their new projects isn't just some Halo 3 DLC, but a new game entirely...it wouldn't make any sense to just be DLC, especially with how the trailer looks.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    pause422 said:
    "A lot of people would think that, but I believe Bungie said this was a teaser to 'one' of their new projects, and everyone can at least assume this much, that one of their new projects isn't just some Halo 3 DLC, but a new game entirely...it wouldn't make any sense to just be DLC, especially with how the trailer looks."
    and you know, if you play halo 3 itll give you the message (only once though) to go to their site or the marketplace to see the trailer for their new game, and they phrase it like that- their new game
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

That was exactly what was said about it...as I said it was a 'rumor', but it was the one that was going around for a long time, and even more so when Bungie's announcement at E3 got canceled. As I said, and obviously..no one knows anything about this for sure until another trailer or some actual information is released...but obviously until then no one can be sure what type of game it will be.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Lies
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "pause422 said:
    "A lot of people would think that, but I believe Bungie said this was a teaser to 'one' of their new projects, and everyone can at least assume this much, that one of their new projects isn't just some Halo 3 DLC, but a new game entirely...it wouldn't make any sense to just be DLC, especially with how the trailer looks."
    and you know, if you play halo 3 itll give you the message (only once though) to go to their site or the marketplace to see the trailer for their new game, and they phrase it like that- their new game"
    Dude, it is clearly labeled HALO 3. That makes it an expansion. It is expanding on the current game of HALO 3. maybe it will be retail or maybe it will be DLC, but it pretty clearly looks like an expansion
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb

It's not going to be a new game entirely, it said Halo 3. It is also not going to be just some map pack DLC, the trailer was way too elaborate for that. My guess is that it is going to be a Halo 3 "expansion," maybe stand alone, maybe not. It would probably be something along the lines of Crysis: Warhead. It is still Crysis, it isn't exactly a full new game, it is bigger than an expansion pack, and it is from a new perspective. It would be a new character's perspective of the events, running parallel to Master Chief's story.

That's my guess, at least.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Lies said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "pause422 said:
    and you know, if you play halo 3 itll give you the message (only once though) to go to their site or the marketplace to see the trailer for their new game, and they phrase it like that- their new game"
    Dude, it is clearly labeled HALO 3. That makes it an expansion. It is expanding on the current game of HALO 3. maybe it will be retail or maybe it will be DLC, but it pretty clearly looks like an expansion"
    And that matters? It can't be Halo 3: Opposing Force?  Or something like that?  I think most of us would consider Blue Shift it's own game especially if the gameplay was different.
    And expansion, through every single game i've played, is basically the same game with new levels.  I have never played an expansion that was really a different game.

As I've said, Bungie calls it a new game when you load up halo 3.

And besides, they said they've been working on this project since they started development with halo 3- you really think that they'd develop an expansion in essentially 4-5 years? 
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    BiggerBomb said:
    "It's not going to be a new game entirely, it said Halo 3. It is also not going to be just some map pack DLC, the trailer was way too elaborate for that. My guess is that it is going to be a Halo 3 "expansion," maybe stand alone, maybe not. It would probably be something along the lines of Crysis: Warhead. It is still Crysis, it isn't exactly a full new game, it is bigger than an expansion pack, and it is from a new perspective. It would be a new character's perspective of the events, running parallel to Master Chief's story.

That's my guess, at least."

But with Warhead it was still the same game- it was just like more levels for the most part
    You're going to play as a ODST marine, obviously Halo's going to be different
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "It's not going to be a new game entirely, it said Halo 3. It is also not going to be just some map pack DLC, the trailer was way too elaborate for that. My guess is that it is going to be a Halo 3 "expansion," maybe stand alone, maybe not. It would probably be something along the lines of Crysis: Warhead. It is still Crysis, it isn't exactly a full new game, it is bigger than an expansion pack, and it is from a new perspective. It would be a new character's perspective of the events, running parallel to Master Chief's story.

But with Warhead it was still the same game- it was just like more levels for the most part
    You're going to play as a ODST marine, obviously Halo's going to be different"

Warhead is an updated version of Crysis improving on the original's strengths and shying away from its weaknesses. It was a different story with a different character. I think this new project is similar. It is from the perspective of a new character, in new locations, a different story, but with very similar gameplay. Halo, with a new character. Also, you don't exactly know that you are playing an ODST marine simply because you are in one of their drop pods.

You could be a marine, or you could be a Spartan that was kept under the radar, or for all you know you might not even be alligned with these marines. You could be the Arbiter before he became the Arbiter in Halo 2. You might be on the planet when the pods drop and fight them.

You can't say that everyone else's speculations are invalid because you are speculating something different.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    BiggerBomb said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "BiggerBomb said:

Warhead is an updated version of Crysis improving on the original's strengths and shying away from its weaknesses. It was a different story with a different character. I think this new project is similar. It is from the perspective of a new character, in new locations, a different story, but with very similar gameplay. Halo, with a new character. Also, you don't exactly know that you are playing an ODST marine simply because you are in one of their drop pods.

You could be a marine, or you could be a Spartan that was kept under the radar, or for all you know you might not even be alligned with these marines. You could be the Arbiter before he became the Arbiter in Halo 2. You might be on the planet when the pods drop and fight them.

You can't say that everyone else's speculations are invalid because you are speculating something different."

But Warhead was, at its core, crysis touched up with new levels. 

In this new halo game you're playing as a whole different character.  And it's not the arbiter or a spartan- the abiter is doing his own missions at this time (come on now- have you played halo 2?) and there are no more spartans left. 

And again, this has been in development for about 4 years now.  Crysis Warhead was done in 1.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By mike
    SmugDarkLoser said:

And again, this has been in development for about 4 years now.  Crysis Warhead was done in 1."
    Wait - what has been in development for four years?
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BiggerBomb
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "BiggerBomb said:

You can't say that everyone else's speculations are invalid because you are speculating something different."

But Warhead was, at its core, crysis touched up with new levels. 

In this new halo game you're playing as a whole different character.  And it's not the arbiter or a spartan- the abiter is doing his own missions at this time (come on now- have you played halo 2?) and there are no more spartans left. 

And again, this has been in development for about 4 years now.  Crysis Warhead was done in 1."

First of all, in Warhead you play as a different character. Second, where are you getting all of your information from? Who said this has been in development for 4 years now?

Ok, they said there are no Spartans left. Could it be that this is a plot twist? There was supposed to be one Spartan left but there was actually one. Obi Wan said Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker. Guess what? He didn't, Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker. Get it? Plot twist.

How do the marines know that MC is the last Spartan? They don't, they believe him to be the last Spartan. You are assuming. I am assuming, this is a thread of speculation. Stop speaking in such finite terms. You are right, the Arbiter is doing his own missions at the time. How do you know that "Keep It Clean" isn't covering these missions?

You also don't know that you are a marine. The video isn't shot from a drop pod, it is a surveillance camera in New Mambasa. You aren't in a drop pod, why are you insisting that you are a marine? You could be right, you could be wrong.

The video is simply showing the drop pods land in the city, not that you are affiliated with the marines in any way. Unless you can show some information that backs up your claims, then they are claims. Then they are speculations, just like the rest of us.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    MB said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:

Wait - what has been in development for four years?"

Bungie- they said it's been in development since alongside Halo 3.  In the weekly updates (a bit back)

And to the other guy- come on- "drop in"
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK

LOL i bet this is exactly what bungie wanted. huge speculation  make everyone talk about it get excited etc etc. cheap effective publicity

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BiggerBomb
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "MB said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:

Wait - what has been in development for four years?"

Bungie- they said it's been in development since alongside Halo 3.  In the weekly updates (a bit back)

And to the other guy- come on- "drop in""

"Not shot from a drop pod," "no finite information," "you are speculating just like the rest of us," "get over yourself."
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mike
    SmugDarkLoser said:

That could mean that they drew up the design doc for this "game" four years ago, and it sat on the shelf until Halo 3 was completed and they are going to use the Halo 3 engine for it.  I think you're inferring too much from too little information.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    MB said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:

That could mean that they drew up the design doc for this "game" four years ago, and it sat on the shelf until Halo 3 was completed and they are going to use the Halo 3 engine for it.  I think you're inferring too much from too little information."
    just search up the info. 
    It was worded as something along the lines of "we had been working on another project alongside halo 2 also, but we eventually dropped it.  We're sticking with our other project with Halo 3". 
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mike
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    just search up the info. 
    It was worded as something along the lines of "we had been working on another project alongside halo 2 also, but we eventually dropped it.  We're sticking with our other project with Halo 3". 
    Well...you just said that the Bungie website said the game has been in development for four years.  This new version is completely different...maybe you should find what was actually said and provide a link to reduce confusion?
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    MB said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    just search up the info. 
    Well...you just said that the Bungie website said the game has been in development for four years.  This new version is completely different...maybe you should find what was actually said and provide a link to reduce confusion?"

well saying that would imply that its been in development for 4 years.
    Ill search it up, just wait a sec
    Edit: i seriously can't find it, there's 84 pages of updates on bungie.net, i can't find it. 
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BiggerBomb
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "MB said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:

That could mean that they drew up the design doc for this "game" four years ago, and it sat on the shelf until Halo 3 was completed and they are going to use the Halo 3 engine for it.  I think you're inferring too much from too little information."
    just search up the info. 
    "

How do you know that is even what they are talking about? You are saying with 100% certainty that you are right, everyone should stop speculating, because you are right. Mass Effect is a trilogy and Bioware went into the project knowing that. That doesn't mean they have been developing Mass Effect 2/3 along side the original.

Maybe they had a concept in mind, shelved it, and decided it was best left for another date. Maybe this is something entirely different from a previously planned project. You are speculating, so don't tell everybody else that their speculations are wrong simply because you feel strongly about your own. That is extremely arrogant and narrow minded.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    BiggerBomb said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "MB said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:

just search up the info. 
    "

How do you know that is even what they are talking about? You are saying with 100% certainty that you are right, everyone should stop speculating, because you are right. Mass Effect is a trilogy and Bioware went into the project knowing that. That doesn't mean they have been developing Mass Effect 2/3 along side the original.

Maybe they had a concept in mind, shelved it, and decided it was best left for another date. Maybe this is something entirely different from a previously planned project. You are speculating, so don't tell everybody else that their speculations are wrong simply because you feel strongly about your own. That is extremely arrogant and narrow minded."
    and im sure bungie had this idea when they were making halo 2. 
    just trust me, seriously.

But its just a small detail. 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pause422

Face it that trying to basically say "I'm right, everything I say is right, I don't even need evidence to back it up, you're all wrong but I'm not" is complete bullshit. Get this in your head - Everyone is only speculating here. I don't believe bungie ever contacted you specifically and gave you the information about this project, so accept that you are no more right than anyone else. Just wait for more information to actually hit, and stop acting all high and mighty like you know so much that no one else does.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiggerBomb
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "MB said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:

just search up the info. 
    "

Maybe they had a concept in mind, shelved it, and decided it was best left for another date. Maybe this is something entirely different from a previously planned project. You are speculating, so don't tell everybody else that their speculations are wrong simply because you feel strongly about your own. That is extremely arrogant and narrow minded."
    and im sure bungie had this idea when they were making halo 2. 
    just trust me, seriously.

But its just a small detail. 

"

I'm sorry, why should I trust you? You are sure, 100% sure, that this is the very idea that they said they working on alongside Halo 2? Really? Please show me your proof. I would love to be proven wrong about you being completely full of shit.

Let's say this the idea they were working on during development of Halo 2. They scrapped it, you said it yourself. It hasn't surfaced until now. Which would mean they have NOT been working on it for four years. They started four years ago, scrapped it, and according to you started up again. So realistically, they probably spend no more than a year working on it.

Most trilogies are written before the first installment is made, but they are not developed simultaneously. Who are you to say that everyone else is wrong? Maybe it is another Spartan, maybe it is the missions of the Arbiter, maybe your the goddamn Gravemind. You simply don't know, so stop spouting the bullshit that everyone else should stop speculating because you are sure that your speculations are correct.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    BiggerBomb said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    I'm sorry, why should I trust you? You are sure, 100% sure, that this is the very idea that they said they working on alongside Halo 2? Really? Please show me your proof. I would love to be proven wrong about you being completely full of shit.

Let's say this the idea they were working on during development of Halo 2. They scrapped it, you said it yourself. It hasn't surfaced until now. Which would mean they have NOT been working on it for four years. They started four years ago, scrapped it, and according to you started up again. So realistically, they probably spend no more than a year working on it.

Most trilogies are written before the first installment is made, but they are not developed simultaneously. Who are you to say that everyone else is wrong? Maybe it is another Spartan, maybe it is the missions of the Arbiter, maybe your the goddamn Gravemind. You simply don't know, so stop spouting the bullshit that everyone else should stop speculating because you are sure that your speculations are correct."

well im just using combined info.

Let's just see the facts of the trailer:
    - Your on New Mombasa
    - The Arbiter and Chief are not are on there own missions here
    - The phrase is drop in
    - there were rumors of a marine type halo game before
    - they have said they've been working on alongside halo 3 (you don't believe this, but it's true- the halo 2 scrapped idea is different according to them)

Seriously, it all points to not playing as the chief, meaning the gameplay would have to be completely different unless they have the ODSTs playing like spartans, which doesn't make any sense
    It's called thinking for yourself.  Seriously.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Vinchenzo

Who knew a mediocre clip could cause so much commotion.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gizmo

Sorry to burst you're bubble TC, but I have just talked to my friend Jasper, he has a friend called Frank who works at Bungie, it is DLC. I know this sounds unlikely but honestly I dont care if you believe me, as I will be doing Alpha testing for it. 

BTW, the only info my friends knows so far on it is that there is a possibiity you play as a UNSC marine, controlling a squad with similar controls and squad moving tactics to BIA: HH. As I have signed a NDA today I cannot say anything else into this matter. 

To sum it up, it IS DLC, but its going to be a re-imagining of Halo 3 instead of some extra missions.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BiggerBomb
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:

Most trilogies are written before the first installment is made, but they are not developed simultaneously. Who are you to say that everyone else is wrong? Maybe it is another Spartan, maybe it is the missions of the Arbiter, maybe your the goddamn Gravemind. You simply don't know, so stop spouting the bullshit that everyone else should stop speculating because you are sure that your speculations are correct."

well im just using combined info.

Let's just see the facts of the trailer:
    - Your on New Mombasa
    - The Arbiter and Chief are not are on there own missions here
    - The phrase is drop in
    - there were rumors of a marine type halo game before
    - they have said they've been working on alongside halo 3 (you don't believe this, but it's true- the halo 2 scrapped idea is different according to them)

Seriously, it all points to not playing as the chief, meaning the gameplay would have to be completely different unless they have the ODSTs playing like spartans, which doesn't make any sense
    It's called thinking for yourself.  Seriously."

I seriously almost shit myself laughing right there. HAhahahahahaha!
    Avatar image for pirate_republic
    pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By pirate_republic

a) on marketplace it specifically says Halo 3 expansion.
    b) since you've seen the teaser, you'll know it has the Halo 3 logo at the end.

Yeah, it's an expansion. Anything else (DLC-only? price? what's it about?) are all a mystery, hence "teaser".
    EDIT: it never mentions anything about what you play as. It could mean you never play as the chief. It could mean you play half chief and half marine. Hell, maybe only a marine, but the fact of the matter is: nobody knows, it's a mystery what the hell this is. As you probably know, Halo 3 ended with a cliffhanger. Not so much on regular difficulty, but on legendary: floating towards mystery (forerunner?) planet anyone?

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
    deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that if this game is an expansion for halo 3 they need to put it out on both the market place and in disc form.  I mean not everyone has live right?  However i think that there is a much greater chance that this is a stand alone game.  Also, in the trailer there was a flash that refrenced something about Maddie, which according to a post on bungie.net references an earlier spartan model from the books.  Who knows?

caption
    caption
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Gizmo

Maybe,

MADDIE IS MASTER CHIEFS DAUGHTER!!

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Gizmo said:
    "Maybe,

MADDIE IS MASTER CHIEFS DAUGHTER!!

"

WOAH, WOAH! Hey, I figured it out! BANG LIGHTBULB! The girl! The girl is Maddie! John's sister? Before he became a Spartan! His sister, ooooooh.........

YOU. HEARD. IT. HERE. FIRST!

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Bennyishere

It's a Halo 3 expansion, and I won't take anything else for an answer.

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ubergeist

It's DLC man...

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By xplodedd

I don't think the trailer is to be taken with all this seriousness.
    remember the original halo 3 trailer? yeah... the game looked nothing like that.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jNerd

I wouldn't mind a Halo 2.5 but I think it's just DLC & hopefully some campaign mode. I'm not sure how confident I am in Bungie or M$ to provide me anything that c00l but whatev...

I don't care enough to speculate further. It'll be apon us soon enough...

I guess I'll just have to keep myself preoccupied with ALL THE OTHER FUCKIN ROCKIN GAMES OUT!

-END

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Gizmo

This topic title fails, it's already been confirmed that it IS DLC.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By crunchUK

hm maybe it's DLC because they made more money on the legendary maps than on the actual halo 3? 0_o or is that a stupid idea. but think about it it's possible.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Discorsi

What a misleading topic name.  You act as though you know for 100% that is not.  Thank you Mr Bungie employee

DavidPalmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DavidPalmer
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Rowr said:
    "i still vote that its DLC.

Thats microsofts agenda."
    but you have to realize:  Halo 3 sold 9 million copies.  Why would they limit a new game to be only through a game meaning limiting yourself to that crowd? "
    With MS anxious to get after Steam, can we rule out a double release? Wasn't Half Life 2 also downloadable with a credit card payment on steam the same time it was in the store?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.