Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

Halo 3: ODST Trailer Parody

allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By allprox
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ieatlions

i love it.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zereta

Its brilliant really.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Red

Sarcastic gamer is awesome.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By delta_ass

Huh. Never noticed it, but yea... he really does yell "Hoy meets boy!" 

That's funny.

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Reuben

haha that was great!

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By warxsnake

Wow it's like he's reading my mind! agree with everything the narrator just said

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Reuben
    @warxsnake said:

" Wow it's like he's reading my mind! agree with everything the narrator just said "

Now that I think about it though, if they actually made a Halo game with that much going on..It would be awesome. I mean like...Why haven't they done that before? lol
    Drank_Stank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Drank_Stank
    @Allprox:@ieatlions:@Zereta:@Red:@Delta_Ass:@Reuben:@warxsnake: 

The fact that EVERYONE who has posted here so far has had a blue name is not surprising.  

...and people who buy a video game, and have hours of fun playing it are the fanboys... 

EDIT:  Nevermind, i guess everyone gets blue names on the ODST page now...would have been funny though if 6 sony guys were the only ones that posted. 
    delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By delta_ass
    @Drank_Stank said:
    " @Allprox:@ieatlions:@Zereta:@Red:@Delta_Ass:@Reuben:@warxsnake:    The fact that EVERYONE who has posted here so far has had a blue name is not surprising.     ...and people who buy a video game, and have hours of fun playing it are the fanboys...  "
    Ummm... blue name? Are you trying to suggest something? Cause I think you're gonna find yourself quite mistaken.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Milkman

If you make a video like that, you might just be a PS3 fanboy...

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By warxsnake
    @Drank_Stank said:
    " @Allprox:@ieatlions:@Zereta:@Red:@Delta_Ass:@Reuben:@warxsnake:    The fact that EVERYONE who has posted here so far has had a blue name is not surprising.     ...and people who buy a video game, and have hours of fun playing it are the fanboys...   EDIT:  Nevermind, i guess everyone gets blue names on the ODST page now...would have been funny though if 6 sony guys were the only ones that posted.  "
    tard
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Akeldama

hahaha

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Milkman
    @warxsnake said:
    " @Drank_Stank said:
    " @Allprox:@ieatlions:@Zereta:@Red:@Delta_Ass:@Reuben:@warxsnake:    The fact that EVERYONE who has posted here so far has had a blue name is not surprising.     ...and people who buy a video game, and have hours of fun playing it are the fanboys...   EDIT:  Nevermind, i guess everyone gets blue names on the ODST page now...would have been funny though if 6 sony guys were the only ones that posted.  "
    tard "
    This is the most intelligent response to anything I have ever seen. This man obviously has the highest IQ of any man alive and should be revered by every human being on the face of the Earth. He truly is a God among men while we are just puny ants to be crushed by the awesome power of his foot steps. We are not worthy to even be in the presence of this great thinker. We can only hope that this great man will at one point decide to reveal the secret of his diverse knowledge of this world and that he will one day pass his knowledge upon us simple mortal beings.
    LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By LiquidSwords

Sweet! No, I don't own an expensive blu-ray player (PS3)
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

that was weak...its just him talking over the video...i expected an actual parody..

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By breadfan

Awesome

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zereta

Woah, that was an amazing misunderstanding.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hitchenson

ODST might well be my favourite game of recent months and I'm most certainly a massive Halo fan, but that was a damn good video.

Avatar image for thefrostedgamer
    TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By TheFrostedGamer

Not the funniest video ever, but I certainly agree with all the points in it. Halo series - not terrible games - but pretty average and pretentious as a whole  (the games and advertising). Anyway, this video helps maintain "a balance" against the backdrop of the ad saturation.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @TheFrostedGamer said:
    " Not the funniest video ever, but I certainly agree with all the points in it. Halo series - not terrible games - but pretty average and pretentious as a whole  (the games and advertising). Anyway, this video helps maintain "a balance" against the backdrop of the ad saturation. "
    It seems everyone makes these complaints about Halo these days though, when there's so many other franchises that I would say are much more guilty of this.  Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid spring instantly to mind, yet escape pretty much unharmed from the rampant haters of the Halo series.

It is also very ironic that the majority of people in this thread going "har, har, har, it's so true" are infact pretty big Playstation fanboys, that' I'm not in the least bit shocked to see posting here.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hitchenson
    @WinterSnowblind: I completely agree with what you say. But I personally thought the video was pretty funny and I'm a massive Halo fan.
    laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By laticsfan

Absolutly loved that.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Eh, I didn't like it.

tedbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tedbear

I loved it, as it made me want to watch the original trailer again. Which is super sweeeet.

I'm off to play more firefight, later blues

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Kinda feel like a idiot, for spending over 12 hours to bet the campaign first time through....  Guess thats what I get for taking my time and looking around.  

Avatar image for thefrostedgamer
    TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheFrostedGamer
    @WinterSnowblind said:

" @TheFrostedGamer said:

" Not the funniest video ever, but I certainly agree with all the points in it. Halo series - not terrible games - but pretty average and pretentious as a whole  (the games and advertising). Anyway, this video helps maintain "a balance" against the backdrop of the ad saturation. "
    It seems everyone makes these complaints about Halo these days though, when there's so many other franchises that I would say are much more guilty of this.  Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid spring instantly to mind, yet escape pretty much unharmed from the rampant haters of the Halo series.  It is also very ironic that the majority of people in this thread going "har, har, har, it's so true" are infact pretty big Playstation fanboys, that' I'm not in the least bit shocked to see posting here. "
    You're probably right about Metal Gear Solid, though I can't really say much due to the fact I've never been interested in the series. Final Fantasy, I dunno, that's a weird one. A lot of great presentation and story-telling in many of those games. I can't really think of any games that were doing Final Fantasy better than Final Fantasy before Final Fantasy (or even now). FF delivers quality, and is unique enough that gamers can't get their FF fix anywhere other than FF. When the first Halo came out, there were plenty games that had already done the interest things about Halo. Some were doing it better. Halo had a story, and it was alright, but it didn't hook me. So I needed the combat to hook me in ways I hadn't been previously hooked. Didn't happen.  It was like Unreal but for a console - better in some areas, not better in others - a "space marine-like hero", and Unreal-like vehicles.  I think Halo is truly a game loved by gamers who straight up didn't play a ton of shooters before Halo, and that's okay. 

Also I wanted to add: this forum thread is making all of our names Blue. So we're not all Playstation-aligned or anything. I'm actually aligned to PC. So if you were thinking it was all Playstation superfans ganging up on Halo, not the case. I have this feeling you were assuming that. Anyway..
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Red
    @Drank_Stank said:

I guess you could say I like Sony more than Microsoft, but I own a copy of Halo 3: ODST. I like it, even though it's short.
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By warxsnake
    @Milkman said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " @Drank_Stank said:
    tard "
    This is the most intelligent response to anything I have ever seen. This man obviously has the highest IQ of any man alive and should be revered by every human being on the face of the Earth. He truly is a God among men while we are just puny ants to be crushed by the awesome power of his foot steps. We are not worthy to even be in the presence of this great thinker. We can only hope that this great man will at one point decide to reveal the secret of his diverse knowledge of this world and that he will one day pass his knowledge upon us simple mortal beings. "
    Thanks for the reverence I deeply appreciate it, now bring me some grapes and chicken, on the double! 
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By turbomonkey138

sarcastic gamer at their finest

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I never understood why the trailers arent in english. 
    All the human characters in Halo speak english and the humans in the Halo 3 ads spoke english. So why are these commercials in this weird language?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Baillie

Hmm, I didn't really find it that funny. Trying too hard it seems.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By Kazona

HOY!
    MEETS!
    BOY!

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Afroman269

Well I got the most value out of this game because I didn't buy any of the maps but I have to admit this video is pretty funny. Also the end with the price drop was hilarious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.