Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero

Franchise »

Pick up your plastic guitars and rock out to your favorite rock songs from the 50s to the present!

DLC for Guitar/Band/DJ Hero Won't be for Sale Much Longer

• 67 results
    HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By HaroldoNVU

I just bought a few packs to DJ Hero and DJ Hero 2. Whoomp (There it is) should've been on my HD for a long time. Also got the aformentioned Oasis album. Not a great album but there's not a wealth of Oasis songs to choose from in the plastic instrument world.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By zitosilva

There's a water mark in the image for a website called "Would You Kindly".

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
    deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hopefully this opens the door for all the licenses to be picked up by Rocksmith.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By GaspoweR

@sooty said:

@cloudymusic said:

@hailinel said:

And lo, the plastic instrument fad reached its conclusion. For the markets did close forever and ever, never again to accept payment for the hymns of Cobain. Amen.

And Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, Guitar Freaks, and Drummania all still continue on to this day in Japanese arcades, unconcerned with all of this.

That doesn't surprise me, the games are better suited to the arcade format (fuck having that plastic crap hanging around your house) and they are usually higher quality 'instruments'.

Yeah, actually there is an arcade machine version of Guitar Hero. I've played one before and just like every arcade machine that gets worn down, the plastic guitars that came with the machine have parts that are somewhat busted (e.g. fret buttons not registering at times, the strum bar getting stuck on one side and have to forcibly push it back to the neutral position).

No Caption Provided
    aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dang. First Xbox 360 DLC I ever bought was a song pack for Guitar Hero II. End of an Era

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking: It seemed like most of the dlc leaned towards electro, which I'm not that fond of, but I enjoyed the Old School and... Hard Rock, I think it was called, packs? Both had Beastie tracks, so that was dope, and the rock one also had a pretty fun Pixies/Prodigy mix.

Avatar image for theterriblefamiliar
    TheTerribleFamiliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish they would just make every song a penny and let us have some tracks. I might actually dig out the thing again if that were the case.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing I already imported the discs for Guitar Hero 5. And bought Juke Box Hero.

@dan_citi said:

Did they ever release Television or Smiths songs for these games? I always felt like whenever I looked through the store it was all music I had hardly any interest in.

Rock Band 3 had "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before" and there were probably others you could buy.

This Charming Man came out shortly before the release of RB3 as RB2 DLC.

Griffinmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@darkstalker said:

Four years? Fuck man just remembering how popular those games were its crazy how far from the public conscious it is now in a quick time.

That over saturation really did a lot of damage

That and lets face it, they were never actually good games. Kinda like Wii Sports, kinda novel at the time but as actual games they suck. Hitting buttons on command isn't my idea of a good time even though it was vaguely amusing while drunk at parties.

Fair enough if it wasn't your idea of a good time. They were a massively good time for quite a large variety of other people in many situations. As for a good game? I don't know what criteria you are using but I'm going to say they were at least, "good."

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@hailinel said:

And lo, the plastic instrument fad reached its conclusion. For the markets did close forever and ever, never again to accept payment for the hymns of Cobain. Amen.

And Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, Guitar Freaks, and Drummania all still continue on to this day in Japanese arcades, unconcerned with all of this.

I played a bootleg Drummania machine (it even still had the price in Yen) in a weird arcade in Thailand; that's the closest I've ever been to playing rock band.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've always assumed I'd wind up buying the DJ Hero games... Would buying the DLC first be crazy?

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

I think Activision is completely justified in taking them down now. I mean, I had literally no reaction to hearing this news, in spite of the fact that at some point in my life I did purchase DLC for a Guitar Hero game.

I don't think many people give a shit about Guitar Hero in the slightest anymore. Hell, they could say "and all of your plastic instruments are being confiscated, and the Guitar Hero discs you own are being destroyed" and I still don't think they would have gotten a reaction out of me. That franchise is as "done" as it could possibly be.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hope a new Guitar Hero shows up at E3.

JHebbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By JHebbel

Glad to see these go, they had their time. Hope more people become interested in Rocksmith now because at least with that all your time is spent actually learning an instrument instead of how to bash colored buttons lol.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know people still played those games. Didn't the trend die circa 2008?

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I'm with Jeff. We should have a Rock Band game for the current generation.

I just want my song library to work on PS4 :(

Pyronite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been four years since they've released a new Guitar Hero? WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE!?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.