Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 28, 2010

The sixth core entry in Activision's Guitar Hero series represents the last entry developed by Neversoft.

E3 2010 - Megadeth's "Sudden Death" In Its Entirety

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

I don't think a whole lot needs to be said, but here's details for those who don't know:  Dave Mustaine, lead singer/guitarist for Megadeth recorded an exclusive song for GH: Warriors of Rock called "Sudden Death".  It will appear as part of the newly announced Domination Mode...which I have no idea what the fuck that is. 

Regardless, here's some doods playing that song in its entirety for IGN.  The audio is a bit bass-overdrive because of the "live" demo of it, but the song sounds great...and talk about a note chart!!! 

Whatcha think, guys?  This gives me confidence that Guitar Hero is definitely taking a step back in the better direction.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

I don't think they are going to be able to compete with Rock Band 3 and their pro mode stuff.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jakob187
    @CL60: I don't think that Rock Band 3 is going to be able to compete with Rock Band 3's Pro Mode stuff.  We have a Rock Band station here at work, and the majority of people I see come in...play on Easy.  I doubt that Pro Mode is something that will even matter to those folks.  Moreover, I'm not interested in plugging in an instrument that has 106 or whatever individual buttons.  When one of them breaks or starts going out, that's no good.  Sure, I could plug in that MIDI guitar...and then worry about replacing the strings and other shit.  Plus, at that point, why the FUCK would I bother playing a video game with the guitar?  I could just go buy an issue of Guitar World, look at the tabs, and learn the song that way.  It's no different than what Rock Band 3 is doing. 

I'm not saying that Rock Band 3 is going to suck.  However, I AM saying that Guitar Hero realizes it is a video game...not some real world trainer.
    Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dylabaloo
    @jakob187: Doesn't hurt to be ambitious its what drives the industry and what will make Rock Band feel fresh again and not just another game with more songs and tacked on features madden style.  
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jakob187

Okay, so let's talk about Megadeth, guys...and particularly, the song that they are contributing exclusively to the game.  I'm sure there is another thread where we can debate the issue of Rock Band 3 versus Warriors of Rock or whatever.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60
    @jakob187 said:
    " @CL60: I don't think that Rock Band 3 is going to be able to compete with Rock Band 3's Pro Mode stuff.  We have a Rock Band station here at work, and the majority of people I see come in...play on Easy.  I doubt that Pro Mode is something that will even matter to those folks.  Moreover, I'm not interested in plugging in an instrument that has 106 or whatever individual buttons.  When one of them breaks or starts going out, that's no good.  Sure, I could plug in that MIDI guitar...and then worry about replacing the strings and other shit.  Plus, at that point, why the FUCK would I bother playing a video game with the guitar?  I could just go buy an issue of Guitar World, look at the tabs, and learn the song that way.  It's no different than what Rock Band 3 is doing.  I'm not saying that Rock Band 3 is going to suck.  However, I AM saying that Guitar Hero realizes it is a video game...not some real world trainer. "
    That's the problem. People are getting bored of the regular GH/RB gameplay. And pro mode has an easy setting.
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By FreakAche
    @CL60: I'm not sure if it matters that there's an easy setting. The very fact that it's called "pro mode" will probably turn away the type of people who play on easy.
    ALMIGHTYCHEEKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ALMIGHTYCHEEKS

ah dave mustaine, one of the great metal gods

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187

The song definitely has some crazy hammer-on/pull-off combos, and I'm digging the general pace of the song.  It's gonna be a nice addition to Guitar Hero.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By habster3
    @jakob187 said:
    "The song definitely has some crazy hammer-on/pull-off combos, and I'm digging the general pace of the song.  It's gonna be a nice addition to Guitar Hero. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.