Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 16, 2009

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits is a compilation of some of the most popular songs from previous titles. This time, all songs are master recordings, and there is full band support for each track.

There is a demo up on xbox marketplace.

soybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By soybob

It has:

Kiss - Rock and Roll all night long
    Wolfmother - Woman
    Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By destruktive

Stupid songs to use in a demo.

Took me 15 minutes to be done with the demo. Stage looks cool though. :)

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

500mb for 3 songs ftw.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne

500mb for 3 songs ftw.

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Yit

I had no idea this product exists. It seems kinda excessive that they need ANOTHER freaking GH game.

soybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By soybob

The demo actually put me off buying the game. The charting on the middle bit of Woman is awful, I really couldn't tell what I was playing.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Timma1083
    @SoyBob said:
    " The demo actually put me off buying the game. The charting on the middle bit of Woman is awful, I really couldn't tell what I was playing. "
    I only watched videos of the charts and I'm put off from playing the game. I'm definitely not going to waste the 500 mb or however much space this waste of time takes up just to play three of the less-exciting songs on this game. Hell, I'm not even sure I want to waste another $60 that I could put towards something of actual value.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187
    @Yit: The game is comprised of songs from Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero Rocks the '80s, and Guitar Hero III.  The main purpose is to update the note charts, as well as offer the full band experience.  With songs like "Cowboys From Hell", "The Trooper", "Laid To Rest", and many others, they were very poorly done cover tracks.  This time around, we'll finally get original master tracks, and in the case of Pantera, the live version of "CFH" from their album Official Live: 101 Proof (where Dime plays a small riff from "Cat Scratch Fever" and generally shreds the FUCK out of the guitar).

Personally, I'm more excited about this than any new Guitar Hero that could be released.  A lot of that just has to do with the fact that Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II had EXCELLENT soundtracks.  Unfortunately, I don't think they were incredibly represented on Smash Hits (read: there's no fucking Megadeth...or "Jordan"...or All That Remains...or Shadows Fall...or "Texas Flood"...but it DOES have Helmet!!!).  Nonetheless, I'm psyched to play along with Chris Adler, Vinnie Paul, and so many other greats.

The one thing I'm NOT looking forward to is a bunch of 'tard kids trying to play Dragonforce on the drums as well as the guitar...
    PeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By PeZ

Are these master tracks or covers like the original versions?

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Steven
    @PeZ: They're all master tracks.
    JLP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By JLP

man, I'm so old.   I've always loved that GH2 animated commercial and had no idea what that song was called or who did it!  (off to iTunes!)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.