Anyone else having fret problems?

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
    thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I picked the game up for Xbox One today and while it's really fun the frets on my controller seem to stick a lot. Activision's website says to take the fret buttons off and clean them but doesn't say how to safely remove them. Any other GB players running into a problem with the controller or am I just super unlucky?

ian280291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Waiting for friday here in the UK. I want a quick look already!

T_Havok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
    thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@t_havok: The third black fret got stuck permanently so I returned it for a new bundle.

The new guitar feels so much better that it made it very clear my first was flat out broken. I recommend an exchange.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

I've been through four controllers now, and none of them are even close to being as reliable as any of the guitars I got with GH1-WOR.

It's a cool idea, and it looks nice, but the build quality just isn't there.

jfunkhouser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had to remove the buttons putting a fork under them and pryed them loose. I then proceeded to file down the sticky buttons with a nailfile and put them back. Bad plastic molding. Seems to have to worked.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mine were a little sticky when I first started playing but after about 3 days of casual play they got nice and smooth so just have s blast and eventually you will be "rocking"

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Knock on wood, but I haven't had any major issues with the guitar (the black buttons are slightly harder to press than the white ones, but it doesn't impact my experience with it). Shame to see that there are problems with both GH and RB's hardware.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.