Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 28, 2007

The fourth installment of the series (Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's being the 3rd) that single handedly revitalized the music-game genre, Guitar Hero III retains the core gameplay of its predecessors while delivering a more challenging experience.

Anyone miss Controller Hero?

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nail1080

Anyone miss when you could play GH games with the standard controller? Me and my mates used to have loads of fun playig on hard and expert with the controller, reminded me of frequency or amplitude. Haven't bought a GH game since they took the feature out. Anyone else with me on this or am I a total freak?

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mushir

Why play with a controller when you can play with a guitar? Makes no sense to me.

Twazuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Twazuk
    @Twilight said:
    " Why play with a controller when you can play with a guitar? Makes no sense to me. "
    Because some people only have one guitar between two people.
    I was really disappointed when I tried one of the demos and couldn't use the controller. :(
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

I used to play it like that when I had Guitar Hero 2 with no Guitar controller 

But then I bought Rock Band and got the full kit and I havent really missed it, its way more fun then playing it with the standard controller

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's better with a guitar controller but I agree with you, it was a different kind of fun with a controller (not the Wii one tho, that was a bunch of fuck)

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By trophyhunter

no

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nail1080
    @addictedtopinescent said:
    " It's better with a guitar controller but I agree with you, it was a different kind of fun with a controller (not the Wii one tho, that was a bunch of fuck) "
    ^This

It is a different kind of frantic fun, anyone who has played games like Frequency will agree with me. Also I'm actually better at the game with the controller, clearedGH on hard with it and got to the end of expert with it (Raining Blood was too much for me though :p)
    karakuchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By karakuchi

I remember when it was just Frequency and Amplitude.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I tried playing with the controller, but I always felt the buttons were so poorly mapped that it was very awkward and more difficult than necessary.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nail1080
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " I tried playing with the controller, but I always felt the buttons were so poorly mapped that it was very awkward and more difficult than necessary. "
    i know that's how I felt about it at first but once you get used to it you realise it couldn't be mapped any better, and yes that includes hitting the A button for orange, works really well when you're freakishly good at it!
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I used the controller to play the Guitar Hero 3 demo and I played that demo quite a bit. However, when I got the full game I started playing with the guitar controller and I found it so much better that I never went back.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By tebbit

Playing those games with a PS3 controller is the worst, my L2 just broke after a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.