Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

The obligatory favorite radio station poll.

• 101 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Poll The obligatory favorite radio station poll. (398 votes)

West Coast Classics 17%
    Radio Los Santos 8%
    Los Santos Rock Radio 14%
    Non Stop Pop FM 16%
    Lowdown FM 2%
    Rebel Radio 4%
    Soulwax FM 3%
    Space 103.2 4%
    Vinewood Boulevard Radio 4%
    Channel X 4%
    WCTR 3%
    Blue Ark FM 1%
    East Los FM 106.2 0%
    Worldwide FM 2%
    Radio Mirror Park 8%
    FlyLo FM 5%
    Blaine County Radio 5%

So GTA V cost a lot of money to make and good change a lot of that went into the EXTENSIVE soundtrack spanning 17 different radio stations along with a proper original score. Anywhoo, what stations do you listen to the most and what one is your undisputed favorite? I seem to go back and forth between Non Stop Pop FM and Radio Los Santos myself. Although if I see a fun song I like on another station like "Radio Gaga" or Stevie Wonder's Skeletons I'll change the channel as well. I also really like Cara Delevingne being the radio host for Non Stop Pop. She has an excellent voice.

• 
    evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By evanbower

FlyLo baby. He was an incredible get and I love the Captain Murphy tracks that are in there. But I'll usually keep it on the station the game wants me to be hearing at that point when that happens.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Los Santos Rock Radio but, honestly, I was kind of disappointed with all of the tracks they have on the radio.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I don't really like any of the stations, but I think Vinewood is the one that I listen to the most. Channel X is all right.

I wish that, for GTA VI, they would put in a proper hard rock station. I know they've had hardcore stations, and Channel X has some sort of heavy stuff, but damn it, I want some grunge and good rock music in a GTA game!

Edit: I wish that setting the radio to off when driving around (not on mission) would get some of the non-licensed music to play. That stuff is great.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non Stop Pop. Because I'm English and grew up in the 90's.

I hate all of that music, but I love it.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Radio Mirror park

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bigjeffrey

Really dislike the music. Have it off.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I have not enjoyed my time with any of them. I tried going to random ones and they are always playing bad music. First GTA game where I just turn the radio off as soon as I get into a car. Which is a shame, because I always like hearing the funny bits in between each song.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Los Santos Rock Radio but, honestly, I was kind of disappointed with all of the tracks they have on the radio.

Same here. That is my only gripe with this otherwise amazing game. There is a severe lack of Metal in this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only channel I consistently enjoy is Los Santos Rock(and maybe Mirror Park. I did really like a lot of that stuff too). Everything else has one or two songs I really like, and then a bunch of other stuff I don't care about(expect for Channel X, which is nothing but hot garbage)

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme more.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Patman99

I think Blain County Radio has its moments. Other than that I would listen to the Rock channel. For a game that has lots of nice scenery and a lot of great driving roads, there is a curious lack of awesome driving music. Some Canned Heat, BTO, or Grand Funk Railroad would have been great as I cruise the back country of San Andreas.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By RonGalaxy

Radio Mirror park is the closest thing to a drive inspired radio station, and it has HEALTH.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By DharmaBum

Radio Mirror Park and The Lowdown have been my go-to stations. Flying Lotus and Soulwax have been the only disappointments for me as I expected a better selection.

The real star of the show is the original score, though. Tangerine Dream sets the perfect mood.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Radio Mirror Park and The Lowdown have been my go-to stations. Flying Lotus is the only disappointment because his music sounds godawful to me - wish they had chosen a better downtempo selection instead.

The real star of the show is the original score, though. Tangerine Dream sets the perfect mood.

Yeah. I actually wish there was a radio station dedicated to playing the score, since it doesnt appear enough on its own...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Precisely this.

Where's the fucking metal, Rockstar? I don't like and have barely heard of most of the things you have on here. And what's with the overabundance of rap stations?

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By Castiel

Los Santos Rock Radio.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Hunter5024

I have a thing for British accents, so I'm usually on Non Stop Pop. The last couple of hours I've just been playing with the radio off though. I don't like most of the tracks to begin with, I'm getting a lot of repeats, and all of the news radio stuff tries way too hard to be funny and fails.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm surprised there's so much hate in here. I think that overall they did a pretty nice job.

I tend to swap between Non Stop Pop, Los Santos Rock Radio, and the two rap stations, but I like most of the other stations, too.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: Same, not every song is a solid banger like Vice City which IMO is still the best soundtrack BUT its pretty damn amazing anyways.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyrus_saren said:

Precisely this.

Where's the fucking metal, Rockstar? I don't like and have barely heard of most of the things you have on here. And what's with the overabundance of rap stations?

I'm going to say that is most likely because Metal station users are in the minority and there is so much rap because its the west coast. The largest part of the rap scene is west coast based so a lot of rap feels appropriate for the venue.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Milkman

FlyLo has the most tracks I actually want to listen to but yeah...I found most of the radio stations pretty lame. I'd take the Saints Row IV soundtrack over this one any day.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I fucking love Los Santos Rock Radio, particularly the tone it sets for Michael.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By Nodima

I can't really pick, I listen to Non-Stop Pop, West Coast Classics, Radio Los Santos and Worldwide FM pretty regularly.

My dark horse choice is Blue Ark, not necessarily for the music (though I'm a huge dub head) but because their stocks earned Michael a fat six figure sum early in the game.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#24  Edited By MeatSim

I have been really disappointed by the radio stations in this game so far. The GTA4 soundtrack wasn't as good as San Andreas or Vice City, but every station had at least a couple good songs and there was a good mix of old and new. Meanwhile I am struggling to find anything good on the GTA5 stations and there seems be fewer songs to choose from.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GunstarRed

The rock station... Heartbeat by Don Johnson, I'm Free by Kenny Loggins and If you leave me now by Chicago among many, many others. I flicked around a bunch of the stations and I think it's a pretty amazing mix of music.

Oh, and Danny Mcbride being Danny Mcbride is always a ton of fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinewood boulevard and Non-Stop Pop, that exclusive Wavves track is really good and that Kelly Rowland remix is a hot banger.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been listening to the talk radio stations and the Spanish station. I don't know if anyone in this thread speaks Spanish, but the station would be pretty hilarious for anyone that lives in Southern California that is familiar with the stations here.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Like many others, I am really disappointed with the licensed soundtrack in the game. I am mostly a fan of rock, but I wasn't impressed by any of the rock options in the game. Channel X sucks, I don't really care for indie rock, and for a classic rock station, Los Santos Rock Radio doesn't have many genuine classics, it's mostly pop sounding stuff with a few decent tracks ("Rock'n me" and "Lonely is the Night" being standouts).

I just wish they had a modern rock station with hard rock, alternative, or metal. GTA IV didn't have one either, but at least Liberty Rock Radio had a bunch of great songs.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like many others, I am really disappointed with the licensed soundtrack in the game. I am mostly a fan of rock, but I wasn't impressed by any of the rock options in the game. Channel X sucks, I don't really care for indie rock, and for a classic rock station, Los Santos Rock Radio doesn't have many genuine classics, it's mostly pop sounding stuff with a few decent tracks ("Rock'n me" and "Lonely is the Night" being standouts).

I just wish they had a modern rock station with hard rock, alternative, or metal. GTA IV didn't have one either, but at least Liberty Rock Radio had a bunch of great songs.

There are no songs I like. I enjoy the ambient music the most or the cold sound of the road or the rain.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Blaine County Radio, West Coast Classics, Los Santos Rock Radio and Channel X. I only tune into Vinewood Boulevard Radio because of Ceremony but would probably check out the other bands.

@demoskinos said:

@believer258 said:

@cyrus_saren said:

Precisely this.

I'm going to say that is most likely because Metal station users are in the minority and there is so much rap because its the west coast. The largest part of the rap scene is west coast based so a lot of rap feels appropriate for the venue.

Also Channel X is probably the closest you will encounter for extreme music anyways for now. I think it was good for them to focus more on west coast hardcore and punk but I wouldn't be surprised if they would try a metallic station if they are working on an expansion; Much like IV primarily having a hardcore/crossover station and later featuring an all extreme metal block of music to expand on.

H4ppenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Radio Mirror Park - was really excited to hear Twin Shadow was in the game.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Andorski

If you are not listening to West Coast Classics while driving through Grove Street you are fucking up.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

West Coast Classics

Just has the most songs I like and fit the setting the best. Really disappointed in the classic rock station.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

West Coast Classics. There really isn't any other answer.

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know why but I found myself listening to the lowdown more than anything else and I dont normally like that type of music.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Barrock

Classic Rock and West Coast Classics.

But am I the only one that runs into songs repeating quite often? And some songs just don't seem to play? I've yet to hear Regulate.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non Stop Pop is awesome, but I change it up a lot, mix in West Coast Classics and Flylo FM pretty often.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't really found one that's great.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@h4ppenstance: The song he did for the game is really fucking good.

Also what is up with everyone complaining about the "overabundance" of rap in the game? There are two stations, one dedicated to old stuff, one to new. It is set in fucking LA, of course there's going to be rap in there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know the name of the song that sounds like Led Zeppelin? N no not the Robert plant 80s song.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Blaine County Radio, West Coast Classics, Los Santos Rock Radio and Channel X. I only tune into Vinewood Boulevard Radio because of Ceremony but would probably check out the other bands.

@demoskinos said:

@believer258 said:

@cyrus_saren said:

Precisely this.

Also Channel X is probably the closest you will encounter for extreme music anyways for now. I think it was good for them to focus more on west coast hardcore and punk but I wouldn't be surprised if they would try a metallic station if they are working on an expansion; Much like IV primarily having a hardcore/crossover station and later featuring an all extreme metal block of music to expand on.

Yeah, but I'm not from the West Coast, and a lot of people playing this aren't from the West Coast. It's not so far-fetched to toss a metal station in there. Either that or some sort of custom playlist so I can play my own metal.

This is another area where Saints Row just excels way past GTA - it's got quite a variety of music. There's rap, alternative, metal, rock, pop, classical, etc.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be a poll option for no favourites. The music is probably the worst thing about this game. There's gems in there but if I averaged the amount of songs I like per station it would probably be around 25%.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@believer258 said:

@thephantomnaut said:

@demoskinos said:

@believer258 said:

@cyrus_saren said:

Precisely this.

Yeah, but I'm not from the West Coast, and a lot of people playing this aren't from the West Coast. It's not so far-fetched to toss a metal station in there. Either that or some sort of custom playlist so I can play my own metal.

This is another area where Saints Row just excels way past GTA - it's got quite a variety of music. There's rap, alternative, metal, rock, pop, classical, etc.

I understand that you don't live in the west coast but Rockstar North wanted to provide some music from Southern California and overall state to compliment the regional change. It's the same philosophy they have provided in IV where they had music that made tribute to the actual New York scenes; I don't live in New York or any of the surrounding states but I do understand where North is coming from. If you look at it in a way, Grand Theft Auto divides radio stations by general appeal and regional significance based on game location. I won't say that there shouldn't be a metal station since they could have made a station dedicated to things like thrash or nu-metal since they have made significance within California, especially the south.

If they had a possible to add more music and variety, they would do so in a heartbeat.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe people are disappointed with the soundtrack. I love it.

Los Santos Rock Radio is my personal favourite but I've listened to and enjoyed all of them.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I usually have it off or on Talk Radio. There are a few scattered rock songs I don't mind but overall the soundtrack is kind of terrible.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Channel X is a pretty great radio station. I listen to Rebel Radio a lot, too, but no radio station will ever be better than the country station in San Andreas. It had awesome music and that DJ lady played a harmonica with her vagina.

JaceTwice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JaceTwice

Man It's weird to see all the negativity towards the radio. I can't get enough if it. My favorite station is Space 103.2 (I didn't think they could top George Clinton in San Andreas, but Boosty Collins is one hell of a DJ). I switch up a lot between Space, West Coast Classics, Los Santos Rock Radio, Rebel Radio, Soulwax FM, and Radio Mirror Park.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FlyLo FM is definitely my favorite. I'm surprised to see so many people disappointed with the radio, there are a lot of great songs on there imo.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Non Stop Pop FM. It's got a lot great pop 'classics' in there.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

West Coast Classics by far. If I'm gonna do some crazy-ass shit in Los Santos, I'm gonna tune into some real good hip-hop.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.