Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Golden Sun

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 01, 2001

Golden Sun sees the player travel Weyard to stop the release of Alchemy before it destroys the world.

Golden Sun.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

Edited By Captainlunchbox

Replaying it after almost 10 years? I have to say, it's better than I remember it. It could be because I've played so many more RPGs since then. That game really took away all the hesitation and opened my eyes to how awesome the genre can be. I'm actually discovering more depth. For instance, I never equipped Djinn that didn't correspond to the character's element type. Garrett never got anything other than Fire Djinn, Isaac; Earth Djinn, etc. Now I'm finding that Giving unlike Djinn to the characters actually alters their class and give or takes away different Psynergy. And I didn't know that you could level each element type with each character. 

Going to keep chipping away at this one. Then I have the sequel, which I've never even started up. Then in a couple of weeks, I'll probably pick up the DS title that just came out.

Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Captainlunchbox

Replaying it after almost 10 years? I have to say, it's better than I remember it. It could be because I've played so many more RPGs since then. That game really took away all the hesitation and opened my eyes to how awesome the genre can be. I'm actually discovering more depth. For instance, I never equipped Djinn that didn't correspond to the character's element type. Garrett never got anything other than Fire Djinn, Isaac; Earth Djinn, etc. Now I'm finding that Giving unlike Djinn to the characters actually alters their class and give or takes away different Psynergy. And I didn't know that you could level each element type with each character. 

Going to keep chipping away at this one. Then I have the sequel, which I've never even started up. Then in a couple of weeks, I'll probably pick up the DS title that just came out.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Captainlunchbox:  You sir, are a good man.  I'm staring at my Golden Sun games as we speak and wishing I could play them.  Unfortunately, I no long have a GBA or DS.  

I also totally had the same problem as you where I never wanted to equip them with different elemental types.  I did it occasionally but I wasn't much for experimenting back then.  I think you'll like the second one quite a lot. 
    wordfalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By wordfalling

I'm enjoying Dark Dawn a great deal, about fifteen hours in right now. I just got four of each of the djinn types to start really experimenting, should be fun.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By damswedon

I'm playing the second one now, but I don't know. I dislike the open nature of it so I'm straight up playing it with a guide. 
    Also in two It feels like if you use anything other than Djinn in fights you are doing it wrong.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ESREVER

I'm playing the first Golden Sun for the first time right now. Gotta say I'm enjoying it

Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Captainlunchbox
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @Captainlunchbox:  You sir, are a good man.  I'm staring at my Golden Sun games as we speak and wishing I could play them.  Unfortunately, I no long have a GBA or DS.    I also totally had the same problem as you where I never wanted to equip them with different elemental types.  I did it occasionally but I wasn't much for experimenting back then.  I think you'll like the second one quite a lot.  "
    You shiny, golden god, you. 

Go out there and get a GBA! Or the Gameboy Player thingy for your Gamecube! Or better still- A DS Lite! You have my full support.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.