Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Generation Zero

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 26, 2019

Set in 1980's Sweden. Invaded by machines. Fight back alone or with friends.

Released Today on Steam

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Have any of you gotten this yet? I would be interested in what people think.

I was pretty intrigued by it at last E3 or before when it showed up but not really heard anything about it since. Steam reviews are mixed but that doesn't really mean much to me - a fair number of the reviews look a bit like people didn't read the description of the game.

Even if it's a bit content light I've liked most of Avalanche's stuff and a game a bit like PUBG without the other humans or Left 4 Dead with robot rather than zombies would also be a nice thing to jump into.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

From most accounts, its essential to play in coop. It feels very much like an Early Access game. There is nothing inherently bad about it, but its just need some serious tweaks and updating. If they continue to support it and fixing things, it could turn into a very good coop game especially at the price point.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mikewhy

I'm super interested! Never saw it at E3, but I did see some gameplay a few months ago and was immediately drawn in by the look.

Haven't picked it up yet either, so I'm also interested to see what people have to say. The Steam reviews leave much to be desired, and other places like Kotaku mention other issues, like the robots seeing and shooting through walls, and other tuning issues (too difficult on your own, so-easy-the-mood-is-spoiled with friends).

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I ended up watching a bit of a stream of it today and certainly seemed less janky than some open world games that have released from much bigger studios recently. Think I might pick it up and give it go.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It sounded like the Waypoint folks were having fun with it, I hope one of the Bomb coasts Rapidly Views it soon.

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Played about 4 hrs today all alone. You don't need to play coop to enjoy it. just more tense when you're by yourself. I really like the atmosphere and setting. The dev team seems like they are really gonna support it too, there is a day one patch that was pushed this afternoon.

sbarre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of the reviews say the game feels empty (not in a good way) and gets boring fast.

I also love the idea of a desolate open world where you have to be careful and think before you engage enemies, but is there more to it than that?

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

As someone who's always wanted to play Tales from the Loop, this seems like at least an action-oriented alternative to someone who doesn't have the social connections for table-top role-playing....hopefully it'll go on sale fast.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SarcasticMudcrab

@sbarre: not unless they mix it up north of the map. It all seems relatively the same. It feels like they made it to be a battle royal map and decided at the last minute to add robots instead. The gameplay loop is basically BR with AI instead of real people, mostly going around same looking buildings collecting ammo and healing items.

Having said that I've enjoyed my time in co op even in this bare bones state. Hopefully they'll add more, just simple crafting and a global stash would be a huge improvement imo

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying this solo. Playing with more an emphasis on stealth and sniping with a shotgun as back-up. Doesn't look like there's much a penalty for death and loot respawns so you're not wanting for ammo.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got around to picking it up yesterday, put a few hours in and have been enjoying it - solo only so far. I've not run into the bugs that they were talking about on the quick look, but then it seemed like there was quite a big PC patch for it post release. In fact, it runs surprisingly smoothly on my slightly lacking PC.

It definitely feels like theHunter: Call of the Wild but with robots instead of deer etc., even the mission structure is quite similar, go here poke about a bit move on. Not sure it'll be for everyone but it's been making me want to play more of it.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sort of enjoy how dumb the AI is. Providing you don't land in a nest of them, you can pick them off easily. It's giving me some Far Cry 2 vibes in how I'm skulking around testing the limits of their sights.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shindig

And now I've lost two hours of progress. That little autosave that kicks in when you pick up items? It tracks your inventory, not your found locations. So I'm trawling across the map for the next bunker. Fuck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.