Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Final piece of DLC detailed

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JTB123
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jack268

So there will be no more DLC at all for the game? That's a pretty short time to support it I think, especially if it's the last Gears game (I haven't played it so I don't know if the campaign actually wraps up, but I hope it does). I guess they need to get working on Fortnite DLC though.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SteamPunkJin

@Jack268 said:

So there will be no more DLC at all for the game? That's a pretty short time to support it I think, especially if it's the last Gears game (I haven't played it so I don't know if the campaign actually wraps up, but I hope it does). I guess they need to get working on Fortnite DLC though.

Stay tuned for Gears of War 3: Season 2

Does anyone really think it's not happening?

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Crixaliz

The picture of the 'savage hunter' is incorrect, since that character model was released in DLC 3.

There are also 5 weapon skins and 2 additional ones that can be unlocked, and Guardian mode is coming back.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By JTB123

@SteamPunkJin: That's what I'm thinking, there are still some great maps they could bring back, and they seem to have no problem padding dlc with older maps. I still really want to see something done with beast mode, or spice up horde somehow.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By OldManLight

i was kinda bummed to hear this is the "last" dlc. the game is barely 6 months old at this point and they're already packing it up? I understand them not wanting to keep pumping out map packs if they're not making "Call of Duty money" from them but this kinda sucks. I will give epic props for keeping their ears to the community and i hope at least that keeps up.

TheGoatMan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheGoatMan1

I doubt this is the "last" DLC, I'm guessing it's the last DLC that will be included in the season pass, but more will come later.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Vonocourt

No more single-player DLC, bummer. Should pick up Raam's Shadow then, don't see the need to get the season pass if that's the only thing I'll play.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Pibo47

Raam's shadow was so fucking badass...it just made me want more SP DLC :(

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By csl316

if they're done with DLC, hopefully they'll get cracking on the next Unreal Tournament.

davidinwrofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By davidinwrofy

@JTB123: Could someone give me the source for the claim that this is the last Gears 3 DLC? When and where did Epic or Rod Ferguson actually say this? And did they say actually no more map packs, no more single player DLC or no more DLC period?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Vinny_Says

So this puts them at 2000 achievement points, that's gotta be some kind of record. I they add more DLC will they just have more points? That's insane!

davidinwrofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By davidinwrofy

Yup, I think it's the most in any game. According to a posting over on gamefaqs, these are the final 250 achievements: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991468-gears-of-war-3/62198375

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.