Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FromSoftware, Inc.

Company »

A Japanese publisher and developer known for the Souls, Armored Core, Tenchu, and King's Field franchises.

How about an Armored Core game?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I don't really like Dark souls all that much. Ive always loved Armored core, would love to see it on PS4. They just need to cut it out with all the multiplayer garbage. And ditch the crazy flying around all over the place mechs and bring back heavy slow mechs with limited flying abilities(vertical boost and dashing) Go back to the old formulas. Maybe even permadeath like in the first game. Well I guess it wasn't actual permadeath but when you died you had to start the game from the first mission with whatever credits you had left over when you died.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Maybe even permadeath like in the first game. Well I guess it wasn't actual permadeath but when you died you had to start the game from the first mission with whatever credits you had left over when you died.

Ah Human+, how I miss thee

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess there isn't much love for Armored Core anymore. Though Honestly I blame From because of AC4/5. Japanese devs have no idea how online should work. they get too ambitious with it and it takes over/fucks up the whole game.

randombattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Where's Another Century's Episode R2? You guys said R was just a warm up for the "next gen" hardware and that was 4 years ago....

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's Another Century's Episode R2? You guys said R was just a warm up for the "next gen" hardware and that was 4 years ago....

whats that? Obviously gundam but did it even come out state side?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Devil240Z

@dudeglove: That looks kinda cool on its own but not really what i'm after here.

Lolz side note: if only Armored Core were a namco franchise, there would be a free to play version by now.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dudeglove: I will buy that soundtrack. Game, not so sure.

Reason there is no new Armored Core is because the Souls based games are the biggest success From has ever had. Until people are tired of buying those games don't expect to see a new Armored Core. Also if it makes you feel better the real fans of the souls games got the same deal you are getting when they started doing Armored Core itself. They hadn't released a RPG since early PS2 days.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whats the best game in the series for single player?whats the best one on ps3?i wanna get into the series but dont know whats the one to get.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

It's weird to me that From is able to create such innovative game designs and then gets stuck in a rut when it comes to creating sequels, failing to polish off the rough edges and only adding in more arcane mechanics that don't really change the core experience. That's what happened to AC and what it looks like the process for the Souls game is going like as well. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Armored Core wore out its limited commercial welcome, and given the choice between that and the money tree that is Souls...

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@randombattle said:

whats that? Obviously gundam but did it even come out state side?

Another Century is a game series that combined just about every anime mecha franchise into a single game. It didn't get released outside of japan due some of those shows having licensing issues like the Macross franchise.

Here's a link to the Macross wiki on wikipedia Macross wiki.

Before any body asks yes Macross fans hate Robotech with passion of a infinite number of stars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.