Your most favorite types of sports entertainment are?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Hello there sports fans

My personal favorite types of sports entertainment to watch are:

• Motorsports (Consists of):
    • Open Wheel car racing (Formula 1, Indy Car and Formula E)
    • Sports car racing (World Endurance Championship, Super GT/JGTC, DTM, GT World Challenge, Australian GT, British GT, and many others)
    • Touring car racing (V8 Supercars Championship, FIA World Touring Car Cup, British Touring Car Championship, Stock Car Brasil, and many others)
    • Rallying (World Rally Championship and FIA R-GT Cup)
    • Rallycross (FIA European Rallycross Championship and FIA World Rallycross Championship)
  • Soccer (Consists of Fifa World Cup)

P.S Please note that I have limited tastes in entertainment in general.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've been following some of the Olympic events recently, but I go in and out of phases where I've spent years following sports, and then years not giving a damn about sports. Some of the stuff I've been keeping tabs on from the Olympics include skateboarding, judo, taekwondo, women's soccer, 3x3 basketball, softball, mixed badminton and tennis. Though my interest in tennis pretty much went out the window with Naomi Osaka's loss. I'll probably keep up with baseball once that starts.

Outside of the Olympics, I used to hit all the stereotypical American sports. Football, basketball, soccer, baseball, boxing, MMA. I was never a motorsports guy. I like a good racing video game, but never enjoyed watching. But I just haven't keep up with any of them for probably a better part of a decade.

The only thing that's really stuck with me has been wrestling. And even then, there was a period of probably 5-8 years where I just got sick of the WWE, for a variety of reasons, and other wrestling wasn't as easy to find as it is now, where I just didn't watch anything.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I used to watch all sorts growing up. Tractor Pulling, sumo, Trials, etc. Nowadays it's only soccer, F1 and MotoGP I properly bother with. Even the latter barely gets watched since I can't be bothered with their VideoPass.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

lol "sports entertainment" makes me think of fake pro wrestling and nothing else. As far as sports on tv I watch it would be everything except golf and the olympic and commonwealth games.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The only major sporting events I really follow is the olympics, and in that category, the summer olympics. During the 2016 olympics, I was living with two friends, so we had three TVs, three laptops and three tablets, all showing the olympics. It was so great!

This year I'm still following it, but my girlfriend thought it was overkill trying to watch three different events at once. Oh well.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol "sports entertainment" makes me think of fake pro wrestling and nothing else. As far as sports on tv I watch it would be everything except golf and the olympic and commonwealth games.

Oh, I see.

Off-topic: For your avatar, Starscream from Transformers G1, he is one of my favorite villains of all time.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Basketball, specifically the NBA, is my primary favorite sport to watch and discuss. Thanks to MLB The Show, I've played about 1,000 hours of digital baseball a year for four years now and have gotten back into my childhood pasttime as a result (I was fully out on baseball for most of the 2000s) - funnily enough, I probably also read and watch more baseball than basketball content at this point since I've also completely disengaged with the NBA 2K franchise in the past four years. I do try to watch March Madness, especially the earlier rounds, but once it gets to the semifinals and finals I'm usually only watching if there's a player who's supposed to be a can't miss star in the NBA, it's fun to scout them a bit.

I still have a nagging interest in Nebraska football just...because, but otherwise really have no interest in the NFL anymore outside of wild rumors and, sure, the Super Bowl. I was happy to see Ndamakong Suh and LaVonte David get Super Bowl rings and represent the Huskers on such a huge stage in such a huge way. But ever since the NCAA opened up its transfer window system (which is admittedly great for the kids) I just find college rosters mostly unknowable, and ever since the NFL responded to the CTE crisis mostly by embracing youth and refreshing the roster much quicker than the '90s the same happened for me in the pros and it all just feels gross to participate in, let alone alienating.

There's nothing else I really actively think about, but I do read The Ringer's front page and the Times' Sports page every day so I'll stay up to date on some things I'm not at all interested in or even actively don't enjoy watching, from hockey to shotput.

I think the World Cup is neat.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing anymore, i used to watch BTCC when it was conveniently on but i'm never near a tv anymore, and F1 but it's super boring now, i listen to Shift+F1 to keep up with what happened and to hear Drew's voice.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Basketball's always been my favorite to both watch and play. Probably had everything to do with moving to Chicago in 1990 and having the Bulls dynasty be a big part of growing up.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame said:

Nothing anymore, I used to watch BTCC when it was conveniently on but I'm never near a tv anymore, and F1 but it's super boring now, I listen to Shift+F1 to keep up with what happened and to hear Drew's voice.

For F1 and Formula E, I mainly watch for skills and strategies so this can make me improve my sim racing skills, the only exciting moments are when the contestants are duelling for 1st position during the final moments of respective races.

That's why I prefer Le Mans, GT World Challenge, V8 Supercars Championship, WRC and numerous other motorsport series.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

If I turn on a TV and it is by happenstance a channels showing on a marathons, Tour de France, F1, Indy Car, NASCAR I will watch for a bit. If my dad is watching a basketball game on TV I'll watch too. I went to UConn, so the UConn women's games I'll watch especially. If he has on a Celtic or Pats game, I'll watch that for a bit

But, honestly, I never PLAN to watch sports ever. I put it in teh category or "its okay".

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Le Mans 24 Hour weekend. Endurance racing coverage is so comfy and it's one hell of a skill to find topics to discuss whilst cars are effectively ticking laps off and trying not to break.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gritty

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Football (Soccer)

Cricket

Heavyweight Boxing (big events only)

WWE (Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania only)

Olympics (excited by most sports)

I've had phases watching

Basketball, hockey, baseball, and F1.

I like a lot of sports but 99% of the time I'm watching English Football.

aiomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As a Canadian, I watch a ton of hockey, and follow it super closely. I also watch F1 pretty often, because I got really into Drive to Survive. On the side I dabble with soccer and golf, mostly because I play golf and it's cool to watch people who don't suck. And I'll watch MMA if it's on in a bar or something.

Just anecdotally, basketball has become HUGE here in Ontario lately, and most of my friends either watch bbal or hockey these days.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By myke_tuna

I think the only real sports entertainment I watch is combat sports like boxing and MMA, but I haven't really been following either for the better part of 6 years now. I'll watch the occasional fight here and there, usually the bigger names, but I used to watch boxing on HBO, Showtime, and ESPN pretty regularly from like 2008-2016. And MMA stuff, like UFC and Pride, I would watch even earlier than that.

Not sure why I stopped. Maybe every other sport is like this, but I've noticed since I stopped watching, it's harder to "get back in" since I have no clue who anyone is except for maybe the champions which further prevents me from diving back into it.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The four major sports (in the USA) more or less for me. I use to watch the rally racing back when the Speed Channel existed like 20 years ago lol.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

One sports programme to rule them all - Trans World Sport. It's all the sport in one package.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

NBA Slam Dunk contest

bondfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I am a Dallas Cowboys/ Football fan. Football is the easiest sport to follow with the less time dedication and I enjoy watching the spot.

But over the past 2 and a half years I have become a big UFC fan (watch every week) and MMA (for choice fighters in other promotions). Once again another sport that is once a week which is why its great, but also i fell in love with the sport. I love the chess matches that some fighters have and of course the KO's and great fights. Also every week feels like the Super Bowl and you can get excited for specific fights on a card which you know are gonna be good, which I feel like a lot of other sports lack. Like yea I am excited to see my Cowboys vs. TB and Brady, but do I really car about the Cowboys vs. the Raiders, not really.

JefferyOlsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say hockey is the only genuine sport that I follow, and Detroit Red Wings is my number one team. I follow the Sharks of San Jose, although not as much like the Wings. I have always watched the Lions demolish aspirations, every season, because I come from Michigan. I'm going to root for about any team in the state but I'm not going out for hockey.