Worst Christmas Present Ever?

• 53 results
I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

When I was four or five I had seen the Stephen King TV miniseries "It" and was deathly afraid of clowns and showers. On Christmas my aunt thought it'd be pretty funny to give me a Bump N' Benny clown. Probably not one of the worst presents I ever received but definitely one of the most traumatizing.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shadow The Hedgehog for XBOX.

My folks thought since it had Sonic in it, I'd like it.

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was ten I lived in Tonga, an island in the South Pacific. My best friend was moving back to New Zealand, so my parents sent me there for a week. That was awesome. However, my friend's extended fam didn't know I'd be there, so they last minute got me a chocolate bar and neon suspenders. That was the worst.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

My parents once gave me Dick Tracy for the NES as a Christmas present. No Christmas gift I've received before or since was anywhere close to that horrible.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alwaysbebombing

A pair of blue knitted mittens. When I was 21 years old.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

When I was a teen my parents would usually get me:

1. The clothes they wished I wanted to wear, or
  2. Stuff I needed anyway, so they were going to have to buy it anyway

But when I was just a kid I got toys. You can't really go wrong with toys. So it wasn't until I was older that my presents went to crap.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Spiderman 2... for Gba

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Aetheldod

No presents :(

When I did got present my folks were very good at giving me cool stuff and I cant remember any other present that I didnt enoy.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My parents purchased me a Static-X and Mushroomhead albums one Christmas. =( Those are two of the worst bands to appear in one of the worst times in music history.

maverick1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A big tin can of holiday popcorn. when I was about 15 we went over to my dads freinds house. They didn't know we were coming so they last minute got me the popcorn. In my head I was thinking "what a piece of shit gift". I would have rather not have gotten anything. the popcorn taste bad too.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A big tin can of holiday popcorn. when I was about 15 we went over to my dads freinds house. They didn't know we were coming so they last minute got me the popcorn. In my head I was thinking "what a piece of shit gift". I would have rather not have gotten anything. the popcorn taste bad too.

Yeah, I use to get these all the time as presents from relatives. I remember one relative wrapped up a king size snickers bar for me once.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

My aunt and uncle got me a clock shaped like a tire when I was like 15.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tom_omb

Not terrible gifts, but a couple years ago a friend bought me a book I already had, then returned it and picked up an obscure propaganda poster from Chinatown to discover I already had that too. I kept it anyway, just put it in a different room.

My aunt got me a power rangers towel when I was a kid. I really hated that show at the time.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A "here's how to be fancy at dinner parties" voucher. I was supposed to train with some Madame.

Fuck if I did that. I threw it away.

SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idea of someone thinking "this is a shitty gift" is horrifying. At least you got one?

#firstworldproblems

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman 64. I wish I was joking.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By confusedowl

I don't think I have ever gotten a bad gift. My parents know me pretty well and always end up getting me some pretty cool stuff even if it's not what I specifically ask for. My grand parents always just give me money and anyone else gives gift cards. I've gotten off pretty good each Christmas.

Hoboassassin54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Aunt got me Rogue Warrior.

ryanmc94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not a Christmas present but my Aunt bought me the big bang theory board game for my 18th birthday. I played it once with the girlfriend. It has since been banished to the garbage tip

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@soylentgreen said:

The idea of someone thinking "this is a shitty gift" is horrifying. At least you got one?

#firstworldproblems

Yeah no. Life don't work that way. Just because life is horrid for other people in other parts of the world doesn't make our situations any less important/stressful/shitty to us.

I love Matthew Good as much as the next guy, but I want to kneecap him for starting that "first world problems" bullshit.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Scrawnto

I've gotten boring gifts, but I've never gotten any that were straight up bad. Like, none of them ever made my day worse.

CrazedMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My parents got me 'Origin of Species' once. They normally don't get me Christmas presents so I guess it's a win.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't think of any really crappy gifts. There was a year my family and me lived without power or running water for a year and I still got a transformer toy.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Aunt got me Rogue Warrior.

That's more of a birthday present.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soylentgreen: You realize that this is a VIDEO GAME WEBSITE... On the INTERNET... Where people use COMPUTERS to converse...? What the fuck are you expecting?

OT: The most disappointing present I received was from a grandma who knew I wore black shirts a lot. She got me about a dozen completely random black shirts. Some had bands I had never heard of, I think one was a jack Daniels (whiskey) shirt... I was about 12... Also I have always (and still do) dislike shirts with any sort of image or writing on them.

SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SoylentGreen

@basm321: @oldirtybearon: Haha, maybe using that hashtag put me in the wrong light. If getting a gift has any meaning to you guys other than the (hopefully nice) thought behind it, then that's the shitty part. Who cares if you get socks or something? Someone thought about you, thought that you needed socks, and went out of their way to get you socks. Come on, duders. Getting a "bad" gift is a good "problem" to have, in the grand scheme of things.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

My parents are not into most of my hobbies, so most of my presents have been clothes. I have a lot more shirts and underpants that I will ever need.

One of the only times they did, they gave me one of those NES cartridges with "hundreds of games", of course, they were only a handful with different switches on... Very disappointing.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Christoffer

A can of Axe Deodorant. I'm not a huge fan of strongly scented grooming products to begins with. And, yeah, I'm not 10 years old.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By lightsoda
Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never received bad christmas presents. Sure, some have been "Boring" (can't think of better word) but I'll take anything and be grateful about the fact that the person saw the trouble getting something for me.

As boring as it sounds, it's the thought that matters to me, not necessarily what I get.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

007 Racing and thw Athens Olympic game!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Football Jersey 2 sizes too small.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#34  Edited By SMTDante89

Probably a bunch of toy rescue vehicles with lights and sounds, such as firetrucks, ambulances, police cars, etc. when I was three years old.

Not because they were terrible gifts, mind you, but because of timing. Just a couple of weeks before Christmas, my mother and I were involved in a terrible car accident involving a coal truck that was pretty traumatizing. There are only two things I really remember from the crash, my mom's face (because she had cut her face and was bleeding a good bit, which probably explains my fear of extreme amounts of blood, though that's getting better) and the sirens. So anytime they tried to start the toys up, I'd scream and cry, so they took the batteries out so I'd actually play with them.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By YoThatLimp

@oldirtybearon said:

@soylentgreen said:

#firstworldproblems

Yeah no. Life don't work that way. Just because life is horrid for other people in other parts of the world doesn't make our situations any less important/stressful/shitty to us.

I love Matthew Good as much as the next guy, but I want to kneecap him for starting that "first world problems" bullshit.

A human being went out of their way to fulfill the social contract of a gift, and purchased something for you to make you feel good. Even if given the worst gift, that is still pretty awesome and nice.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By Gruebacca

My parents got me some shower spray cleaners and some rough sponges as some sort of joke for me to clean my bathroom.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My very large family spends xmas eve at my grandmother's house every year.
We even have someone dressed as Santa to show up for about a half hour or so to hand out gifts in pre-filled Santa sack.
Historically I either got a horrible gift or was completely overlooked and went home sad.
One year my gift was in a rather large box which got me pretty damn excited considering my history at this event.
I tore the wrapping paper off all excited as I could be.
Once the wrapping was off you could see my gift was stashed in an old faded popcorn machine box.
I tore the box open with excitement wordering what this mysterious gift could be!!
An old popcorn machine...
For an 11 year old (just guessing the age but I was young).

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Blues Brothers 2000 on N64.

After that I realized it was time to buy my own games.

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Batman and Robin for the SNES. It was the only game I got for Christmas that year which somehow made that game even shittier. I always had great Christmas' as far as gaming goes so that one stands out a lot.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

Do these headaches and the general malaise I've been feeling count?

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HerbieBug

Christmas last year. My father. He knew we were getting together for Christmas well in advance (we don't always). I gave him a nice card and a gift certificate to a restaurant that he and his wife enjoy. He in turn gave me an excuse about how he had been too busy to get me anything. -_____-

Ten minutes of mildly uncomfortable conversation follows. He then pulls out his wallet and hands me some cash. This was last year, mind you. I was 29 at the time and make more money than he does. For him to push $50 on me that he has yanked out of his wallet just then because he felt bad about forgetting to get me anything... that was extra shitty.

A book of devotions and a bible. I'm an atheist.

It was from distant relatives though and I never bring up my religious beliefs so I understand why they wouldn't know, but still a bible seems like a bad gift especially in the South where I'm pretty sure a bible comes pre-installed in all new houses.

Here ya go. :)

No Caption Provided

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Top 5 worst games ever..

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember me and my older brother deciding to get christmas gifts for each other(this was about 10-11 years ago), we both found out what each other wanted, I recall getting him a video game he requested, he disregarded my list and bought a cheap patrick the star plushie... I have it around somewhere, I don't recall being ungrateful, but in retrospect that was disappointing

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#45  Edited By Tireyo

Fruitcakes, a few toys, and toilet paper.

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soylentgreen: the thought is always sweet and appreciated. The physical gift can still suck.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Horse shit, quite literally I was about 7 or 8 and we've always had horses. My asshole step dad (at the time not anymore) thought it would be funny to go outside scoop up some horse shit and wrap it in a shoe box with news paper inside and put it under the tree with my name on it.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By crithon

Spelunker

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horse shit, quite literally I was about 7 or 8 and we've always had horses. My asshole step dad (at the time not anymore) thought it would be funny to go outside scoop up some horse shit and wrap it in a shoe box with news paper inside and put it under the tree with my name on it.

If anyone can beat that... I will be shocked

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NTM

My parents never gave me any bad presents, but some of the extended family has. I don't know what was the worst.