Things on Facebook that bother you

• 69 results
Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is a thread to discuss anything that shows up in your facebook feed that rubs you the wrong way. It can be certain images that are shared or the types of posts that other people make. Of course you shouldn't name names if you do mention a specific status. This thread isn't about bad mouthing your facebook friends, just the little things that annoy you. Complaining can be fun every now and then.

-I don't understand when people put up meaningless song lyrics.

-Every facebook humor page has almost no original content. I've seen several times where a page will repost the same image. You will see something like: Image A,B,C,D,A,B,C.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing. I've found the solution for all of my problems with Facebook a long time ago: I don't use it anymore. My life is sooo much better since. You should try it out too.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By TyCobb

Facebook in general bothers me. I hate that it is shoved down my throat. I don't even use the damn thing.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You always have to hate the "like if you're x" pictures.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like the devils website to me. I been hearing lots of people getting into problems, all because of the use of facebook.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rainbowkisses

I feel that the good outweigh the bad in Facebook. I use it to keep in touch with long distance friends, such as my friend over in Germany.

@sexytoad said:

The ones that say things along the lines of "like if you aren't racist" always bother me. Most white nationalists don't even refer to themselves as racist. They usually think of themselves as "race realists". As an atheist, I also have no idea what to do when I see a "like for Jesus, ignore for Satan" Since I'm not Christian do I support Satan by default? (rhetorical question)

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing. I've found the solution for all of my problems with Facebook a long time ago: I don't use it anymore. My life is sooo much better since. You should try it out too.

Yep, pretty much this. Everything about Facebook is terrible.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Niceanims

I've gutted Facebook to the point that I only see updates from people or things I care about.

And then I fraudulently report ads. "Hey, buy these tennis shoes" THIS AD IS SEXUALLY EXPLICIT AND RACIST.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Passive Aggressive posts about one of their friends that pissed them off. Overly emotional posts about how their life sucks and everyone they know hates them and so on. I don't have many people on Facebook and I still get these. I've long blocked them from my feed.

@sexytoad said:

These as well.

Like this picture if you don't want to throw kittens at walls.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

YOUR GOING 2 LUV THIS GAEM! ALL YOURE FRIENDS R PLAYING IT! THEIR GOING 2 NEED U HELP!

Hey guys, check it out. This is a picture of a quarter pounder from McDonalds.

Person who sat in the same seat you sat in three periods before you would like to add you as a friend.

Billy McBillBob has changed their status to: Sad.

Simon Simonbob has liked Big Booty Hole Blowback 69.

Simon Simonbob posted, "HAY GUYS HOW U REETRACT A LIEK ITZ AN EMERGANCY LUL"

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I begrudgingly use FaceBook only because all of my friends love using it, but I think one thing that annoys me big time is the constant advertising you get after you wish someone happy birthday! Stop trying to tell me I should get a $25 gift card from Target! I can get something better without your obnoxious advertising.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By subject2change

Most of it annoys me. I have stopped posting on it and generally just check it out at work when I am bored. I use it for Networking for freelance jobs as well.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people and their constant need for attention and approval.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Having a friend like something then getting none stop ads from the thing they like.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I like using it for keeping in contact with circles of internet friends as well as promoting stuff that I do. If I write a review or blog I post it on my social media accounts. I generally have a thick skin about not being annoyed by the usual face book nonsense of people sharing dumb pictures and all of that garbage. I just ignore it. I usually have two tabs open at all times. One is Facebook and the other is Giantbomb forums.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

For a long time now Facebook bothers me most on Facebook. I don't know if it's some elitist attitude but I enjoyed it a lot more when it was just for college people and you had to use a real name and you couldn't make accounts for your pets and there weren't games. I'm not even in college anymore but I think that was a way better model than this barely better than MySpace state of affairs that has been going on for a while now.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only get updates that I want on there anyway so, nothing really bothers me.
Whenever someone were to share one of those "Share this if you're X" things it just doesn't show up because I told Facebook to keep that away from me

Also, the fact that your real name is always there is a plus, now I can finally put a face and very possibly an address to the fuckface acting all high and mighty and get them to shut the fuck up. I like that part very much

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A Dislike button would make Facebook soooo much more fun.

Here's my child touching a dog! So cute!!! *dislike*

Just went for a run! Feeling reely good!!! Perfect day im so happy and everything is perfect! *dislike*

Here's a pretty good and TOTALLY ACCIDENTAL photo of my cleavage! *like.... fap*

I have the best bf TEEHEEHEE lucky girlyyy xoxoxo!!!! *dislike dislike dislike*

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Justin258

All of it.

I've simply stopped using it. I got on there a few tells ago to tell all of my tasteless friends to go see Pacific Rim because it's fucking awesome. Otherwise I've barely checked it in months, and when I do jump on there for half a second, I never stay on for long.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

lol facebook

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

A Dislike button would make Facebook soooo much more fun.

Here's my child touching a dog! So cute!!! *dislike*

Just went for a run! Feeling reely good!!! Perfect day im so happy and everything is perfect! *dislike*

Here's a pretty good and TOTALLY ACCIDENTAL photo of my cleavage! *like.... fap*

I have the best bf TEEHEEHEE lucky girlyyy xoxoxo!!!! *dislike dislike dislike*

Your new name is Maddox.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

All of the fucking ads in my timeline

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

facebook.... that's the thing my grandparents use to send my parents stuff right?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to say the "Share this if you love Jesus keep scrolling if you like hell" pictures but honestly those crack me up.

I hate when people post quotes and act like they made it up. Animal abuse photos and 95% of the memes I see are also bad.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Quite a few things bother me about it, to the point that I quit last year, becoming something of a social pariah in the process. Anyway, here's a few:

• The perpetual zeitgeist of it. I've literally had entire face-to-face conversations revolving around what someone else wrote on Facebook. I've had arguments and lost friends through flippant and sarcastic comments, taking all of 30 seconds to ruin a friendship that'd lasted years. I really just can't come to terms with the idea of how these sort of fleeting and disjointed statements essentially become your primary image of individual people.
  • People complaining about things that are easy to solve. There's a real simple way of not getting a hangover: it's called not drinking. You think Big Brother is a shit TV show? Okay, well maybe you shouldn't watch it and complain about every episode then.
  • It's far too easy for me to be contacted by people I don't want to talk to. Bullied me at school? Yeah sure, I'll be your 'friend' on Facebook.
  • Faux activism, particularly when the apex of their efforts is to set up a Facebook group. For example, in Britain we have a famous musician who got outed as a paedophile (to the extent he was fully convicted). After serving his sentence he fled the country, but he has a nasty habit of re-offending and getting deported for it, to the extent that he eventually came back to Britain. Sorry, but setting up a Facebook group titled "Keep Gary Glitter out of the UK" isn't going to keep a convicted paedophile from returning to the country he was born in. And you won't get the old page layout back either. Just get over it.
  • Babies are ugly. This means that *your* baby is also ugly. You didn't buck the trend, so stop showing me photos of the fucking thing. I'm trying to eat here.
  • "Your" does not mean "you are". At all. Ever. I thought I knew you, man. We sat in English together. You looked like you were getting it.

Lastly, and the biggest one, just people mindlessly reposting things. Chain letter from 2000 regarding Venables and Thompson? Sure thing! EDL member getting a prison sentence for spraypainting a poppy on a mosque? How tragic! All stuff that takes two minutes to check the veracity of but they posted it anyway.

"I'm not racist, but..."

Nah, you probably are.

So yeah, in short, Facebook makes me hate people I know, while anonymous networks make me love people I'll never meet. There's something messed up about that.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jimmyfenix

People that used to "poke" me .

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By I_smell

Every facebook redesign goes through a hundred people and a dozen meetings. For the site to be so big, features need to go through loads of iterations before they prove to be an efficient enough use of space to stick around.

This interface text bothers me:

No Caption Provided

THE MASK SLIPS.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Clonedzero

Pretty much everything. I have a facebook purely out of peer pressure. I have to check it everyday because its a primary form of communication for some people i know. But holy shit. I don't think anyone cares about 20 daily updates about your stupid ugly baby.

Oh, and "Like". Stupid posts like "My mom got mugged today, she's in the hopsital recovering :( :( :(" *23 Likes*

The fuck? They LIKE that her mom was mugged. Stupid.

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything shared off of "Fuck I love Science!", and baby pictures. Jesus fucking christ people, no one needs these many pictures of your baby. You don't, but more importantly, we don't.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ben_H  Online

The same 5 people posting the same attention-seeking posts over and over again. That is what 90% of my news feed is.

Though I haven't completely got rid of my profile yet, I got rid of my bookmark to Facebook. I definitely don't waste as much time on that site anymore as a result.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#31  Edited By SMTDante89

I have a somewhat large fear of blood and gore from a childhood incident when my mother and I were in a car accident (I can mostly handle it in videogames/cartoons, though those took years before I felt comfortable with those) so when people post pictures raising awareness about things with bloody and somewhat gory pictures, I tend to flip a bit.

Some of the other things that have been mentioned in this thread are somewhat irritating, but not enough to make me quit. I'll just block people that continuously post irritating things just to get a rise out of people.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sometimes I post youtube videos of a song I'm listening to and my favorite lyrics from said song. But I don't do it that often and it's the farthest I go into "Facebook spam" territory. I get a couple of likes sometimes though, so some of my friends are listening, I guess. Other than that, I don't really post that much on Facebook. I mainly read the feed.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Everything on Facebook bothers me.

LeYcH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LeYcH

"I'm taking a shower lol." No one cares.
I also hate that everything I like will show up on my friend's news feed, so I can't comment or like anything without my friends having a fucking comment about it in real life.

To be honest though everything about Facebook annoys me, which is why I delete it.

Discoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that people do that I don't like (on my feed anyway) is just post a bloc of meme images. It just clogs everything up, and worse yet its the same person posting the same ones.

As for the interface, I really hate the Ads that show up now, or things it tries to force me to like. I got really jaded when I said 'Happy Birthday' on a friend's wall and under my post Facebook straight up recommended I buy them a facebook gift. Also Timeline is a god awful interface.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so glad I have never had a Facebook, it just seems life draining.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of it, only reason I made one was because of people constantly telling me to get it and I finally just got it, I have yet to post anything. It's not just that I don't use any other social media sites, and no Giantbomb doesn't count.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That it replaced real life interactions more than any other technology. And no matter how much i try there's way too many people around me for whom leaving a comment on a status every three weeks qualify as actually being in contact with someone.

Last year i decided to delete everyone on my "friends" list that i hadn't seen in over 6 months and with whom i barely interacted through facebook to see how many would be left. The answer is not many. And most of them were actual real life friends from before the advent of facebook.

And it proved my point because i'm actually seeing many of these same people way more often now.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About half of my feed is suggested posts and advertisements for stuff, and I don't even see everything that all of my friends post anymore. It makes me want to stop using the website, even though I really like it as a tool for communication.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of my friends.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

That bit right after you log in and just before you close the page.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rainbowkisses

Someone on my Facebook posted a video about how Rihanna and Beyonce practice Satanism and are possessed by demons.

She said

open your eyes people. its a big big world.. bigger than all of us. and we're on the high rise.

I don't think she was joking.

Loading Video...

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sanity

I hate how fake everyone is on Facebook, also hate seeing the same 50 dumbass memes pop up in my feed day in and day out. I only hvae a Facebook account to talk to my sister from time to time really. Outside that i think its retarded.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old people. Like, friends' relatives. They just suck the fun out of everything on that site.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My girlfriend's cousin is currently pimping some sort of weight loss shake crap.

Total pyramid scheme.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Family members sending me nudes all the time.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whhen a girl i like likes some other dudes shit but not my shit

shit

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I have not and will never have a Facebook account.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49  Edited By Castiel

People.

My hot lesbian friend that posts alot of nude/semi-nude pictures of herself... okay that last one doesn't bother me that much but it sure is distracting.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Facebook is fine. Trick is to only add people whom I actually know decently.