Is anyone willing to give Heroes another chance?

• 91 results
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

I'm going to watch the season premier tonight, but I'm not hoping for much. The first season of Heroes was amazing, the second one was shit.

Will the third time be the charm?

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

I'll watch it just to see what happens.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure

Personally I liked the second a lot more than the first, the story actually managed to move along at a decent pace. I am really looking forward to the third season.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb
Zenaxzd said:
"Personally I liked the second a lot more than the first, the story actually managed to move along at a decent pace. I am really looking forward to the third season."

:O
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By weltal

I'm of the very small few who didn't hate season 2.(Besides a few things, but for the most part I enjoyed it) So yeah, I'll be watching the new season with enjoyment.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Well wasn't the second series was cut short due to the writers strike, so really that whole series was setting you up for what would have been the end of the series, but will now be in series 3, so hopefully series 3 should be good.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb
MattyFTM said:
"Well wasn't the second series was cut short due to the writers strike, so really that whole series was setting you up for what would have been the end of the series, but will now be in series 3, so hopefully series 3 should be good."

No, season 3 is a new plotline I believe. I could be wrong, though. I heard somewhere that the writer of Heroes publically appologized for the crap that was season 2. If this is true, I doubt they would air the rest of it.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
BiggerBomb said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Well wasn't the second series was cut short due to the writers strike, so really that whole series was setting you up for what would have been the end of the series, but will now be in series 3, so hopefully series 3 should be good."

No, season 3 is a new plotline I believe. I could be wrong, though. I heard somewhere that the writer of Heroes publically appologized for the crap that was season 2. If this is true, I doubt they would air the rest of it."
According to wikipedia "Season 3 "Villains" was originally designed to be included within the second season; however, due to the writer's strike, the volume was carried over into season three"
gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gman

I got to see the first episode at Comic-Con.  I posted a full in depth summary (at Comic Vine).  I think the first episode makes up for the abbreviated second season.  After watching the extras on the Season 2 Blu-ray, I'm actually glad the season got cut short.  They're not taking the series in a different direction. 

Here's my Comic-Con spoilers (don't read it, watch the episode instead).

Here's what I posted about the Blu-ray and the extras and deleted stuff.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jayge_

I found season 2 to be fine. Give it another chance? It's already a great show, shut your face.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By ZenaxPure
BiggerBomb said:
"Zenaxzd said:
"Personally I liked the second a lot more than the first, the story actually managed to move along at a decent pace. I am really looking forward to the third season."

:O"
Eh honestly the first season felt like it was going no where to me about halfway through and didn't get really super exciting until the final few episodes, so yea I was happy with how season 2 went down. Season 3 looks like its going to be great though.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

I don't know where all the hate for season 2 comes from. Of all last season's network TV, Heroes was probably the best. The only really bad thing I can think of is the way Peter turned on Adam in the blink of an eye totally devaluing his entire build up.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiggerBomb
HandsomeDead said:
"I don't know where all the hate for season 2 comes from. Of all last season's network TV, Heroes was probably the best. The only really bad thing I can think of is the way Peter turned on Adam in the blink of an eye totally devaluing his entire build up."

Thank you, I didn't know that happened.....

Anyway, season 2 was a stupid teen drama that happened to have superpowers. Sylar should have died. Done, enough, no more needs to be said. To bring him back is just proof of either laziness or lack of creativity.

The cheerleader's plot was taking too much of a role, Hiro's little journey to the past was contrived and predictable, and once again they had to take the route of "travel to the future accidentally to discover the world is destroyed so now you must travel back to the present and stop the impending doom."

I loved Heroes because of how the plot kept you on your toes, throwing new obstacles in the way that you never saw coming. But season 2 was just a recycled season 1 with some Disney channel TV highschool drama movie tossed in for good measure.

It was awful.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead
BiggerBomb said:
'The cheerleader's plot was taking too much of a role."
Oh god, how did I forget about that? West was just the worst character ever.
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By dethfish

I'll watch the season preimere tonight and if it is good I'll probably watch the rest of the season. If it isn't, I won't.

Wasn't Season 2 cut in half because of the writers strike or did they end up finishing the season?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By kush

I have never liked this show and never got into it during either season, but I'll likely watch it tonight simply because I have nothing better to do.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By mike

Heroes totally jumped the shark after the first season.  At this point, it should just be taken out back and shot. 

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
MB said:
"Heroes totally jumped the shark after the first season.  At this point, it should just be taken out back and shot. "

I've wanted to ask but I have been too lazy. Is your icon the final stage of SMG? I don't get it!

Anywho, I wouldn't be so harsh. Yeah the second season sucked, but I'm going to give it a one episode chance.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I'll hunt down your family and force you to scalp them yourself.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silverain

Shit or gold, I'm watching it.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silverain
Dethfish77 said:
Wasn't Season 2 cut in half because of the writers strike or did they end up finishing the season?"
The Writer's Strike fucked it up, along with everything else worth watching. It's part of the reason why the second season sucked so bad; they couldn't do everything they had planned because a bunch of greedy bastards wanted a little extra money.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Jayge_
Silverain said:
"Dethfish77 said:
Wasn't Season 2 cut in half because of the writers strike or did they end up finishing the season?"
The Writer's Strike fucked it up, along with everything else worth watching. It's part of the reason why the second season sucked so bad; they couldn't do everything they had planned because a bunch of greedy bastards wanted a little extra money."
An hour until the preview starts in EST, man.
TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TimeWaffle

i'll watch it the second season wasn't horrible but not great

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By Willy105

I'll go see it.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Silverain
Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Dethfish77 said:
The Writer's Strike fucked it up, along with everything else worth watching. It's part of the reason why the second season sucked so bad; they couldn't do everything they had planned because a bunch of greedy bastards wanted a little extra money."
An hour until the preview starts in EST, man."
Yeah, but I'm still pissed at those writers. My favorite show before Heroes (The 4400) was canceled because of that strike.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kush

Watching this...Season 3 "pre-party" or whatever it is. It all feels rather odd.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26  Edited By Lies
Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Dethfish77 said:
Yeah, but I'm still pissed at those writers. My favorite show before Heroes (The 4400) was canceled because of that strike."
Yes, screw those guys for wanting to be reimbursed for sales of their work. What assholes.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Demyx
Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Dethfish77 said:
Yeah, but I'm still pissed at those writers. My favorite show before Heroes (The 4400) was canceled because of that strike."
It got canceled!? I just started getting into that show like last season or something.

Kush said:
"Watching this...Season 3 "pre-party" or whatever it is. It all feels rather odd."
Having a preview is just stupid. Not many shows, some of which are a lot better, ever have "pre-parties".
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Discorsi
Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Dethfish77 said:
wow so you're pissed at the people who make your shows good. 
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Silverain
Lies said:
"Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Dethfish77 said:
Yes, screw those guys for wanting to be reimbursed for sales of their work. What assholes."
They were already reimbursed. . . . .they weren't working for free, or even below normal wages. They wanted more, and got pissed when they didn't get it.Discorsi said:
"Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Dethfish77 said:
wow so you're pissed at the people who make your shows good. "
I'm also pissed at the people who gave me a good show and then complained about it. . . .

Demyx said:
"Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Dethfish77 said:
It got canceled!? I just started getting into that show like last season or something.
"
Yeah. It ended with a cliffhanger at the end of season 4. They didn't even try to complete it.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Silverain
Kush said:
"Watching this...Season 3 "pre-party" or whatever it is. It all feels rather odd."
It always feels weird to see an actor talk like a normal person. Quinto is a bloodthirsty psychopath, damn it!
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kush
Silverain said:
"It always feels weird to see an actor talk like a normal person. Quinto is a bloodthirsty psychopath, damn it!"
I think it's just a weird set-up...like this is the Oscars or something. Plus you really went all out on your previous post. Massive quotes!
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Silverain

Is anybody else voting for the new web-comic character? I voted Santiago.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kush
Silverain said:
"Is anybody else voting for the new web-comic character? I voted Santiago."
He has the power to dominate in Soccer!
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Demyx
Silverain said:
"Is anybody else voting for the new web-comic character? I voted Santiago."
where do you vote?
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35  Edited By Lies
Silverain said:
"Lies said:
"Silverain said:
"Jayge said:
"Silverain said:
"Dethfish77 said:
Yes, screw those guys for wanting to be reimbursed for sales of their work. What assholes."
They were already reimbursed. . . . .they weren't working for free, or even below normal wages. They wanted more, and got pissed when they didn't get it.
They have every right to expect royalties from DVD sales of their work.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Silverain
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kush

I see that the cheerleader is still retarded.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Demyx
Kush said:
"I see that the cheerleader is still retarded."
not for long
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By weltal
Demyx said:
"Kush said:
not for long"
Regeneration. Don't you know? None of the core heroes will ever die =/
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By REforever101

Not really caring for the first ep of season 3 so far. seems likes its gonna rush for 2 hours

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Demyx
Weltal said:
"Demyx said:
"Kush said:
not for long"
Regeneration. Don't you know? None of the core heroes will ever die =/"
not if he shuts her brain off.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kush

The cheerleader is one of my main reasons for never getting into the show...and how could he not break down a weak ass door like that.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Demyx
Weltal said:
"Demyx said:
"Kush said:
not for long"
Regeneration. Don't you know? None of the core heroes will ever die =/"
apparently he just picked around her brain instead. nvm.

Kush
said:
"The cheerleader is one of my main reasons for never getting into the show...and how could he not break down a weak ass door like that."
Her character is pretty retarded at times.
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TomA

I've only seen Heroes once,my sister showed it to me,it was ok.But tommorow,House with THE ONE AND ONLY MS.FELICIA DAY!!!

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Demyx
TomA said:
"

I've only seen Heroes once,my sister showed it to me,it was ok.But tommorow,House with THE ONE AND ONLY MS.FELICIA DAY!!!

"
How relevant.

House is great though.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Silverain
Kush said:
"The cheerleader is one of my main reasons for never getting into the show...and how could he not break down a weak ass door like that."
He did kinda have a knife in his chest. . . .
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Demyx
Silverain said:
"Kush said:
He did kinda have a knife in his chest. . . ."
wasn't that after she opened the door herself and stabbed him?
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By weltal
Kush said:
Yeah, her an Nikki. I really hate the Niki/Jessica thing. As for the breaking down the door, well it's Syler, he seems to take a lot of pleasure in playing up every action he takes.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By REforever101

Does anyone else think the ep is really rushing so far, and in a very bad way

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kush
Silverain said:
"Kush said:
He did kinda have a knife in his chest. . . ."
Not when she was hiding in the closet...