Do you drink water straight from the tap?

• 159 results
I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Poll Do you drink water straight from the tap? (777 votes)

Yes 73%
No 27%

I visited some relatives earlier today and found it odd they drink water straight from the tap. I live in the Pacific Northwest so water here is usually a whole lot cleaner in other major cities. Even still I always had made it a habit to filter my water before actually consuming it. I have to ask if I am alone in this matter or are other people comfortable with drinking their water straight from the faucet.

• 
Antman_stacey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not a chance. Adelaide tap water is horrible!!

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the tap yes, I do use a glass though.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got a well, so naturally.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Damn skippy.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I didn't when I lived in Maryland because it tasted like metal.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your question was a little misleading.

I thought you meant literally straight from the tap, as in putting your mouth on the tap. Which is disgusting.

Then I realized you were asking if I drink tap water, and yes, I drink tap water.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I enjoy the tap water in my area so I have no problems drinking it straight. Although I still use the filter on the fridge most of the time. I only really drink tap water when I need the glass the fill up quick like after I am done with yard work in 100° temperatures.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, I live in Melbourne so tap water is pretty clean.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did back in my home town.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to but now mostly go with bottled water. Sometime's I'll pour a glass though.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Depends where you are. I live in Sydney, Australia and our tap water is generally fantastic but when I go overseas I sometimes only drink bottled or filtered/boiled.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

hell ya

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By myke_tuna

Depends on the tap and how hot I am. The tap water I currently have access to tastes way too much like metal pipes, so I just get water somewhere else. When I lived in the Pacific Northwest, I drank from the tap because it tasted fine. Some days here in TX, I'm so fucking hot, I've drank some really warm water from a bottle in my car because fuck you, I'm thirsty.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Teoball

Yup, water is clean here in Norway. The only times I've avoided drinking from the tap is when I've been to Spain or Greece (water is fine in the big cities).
Travel companies advice you to not drink tap water without boiling it first. Not because it's dangerous, but beacuse our stomachs aren't used to the microbes or whatever down there, which can lead to a really shitty vacation.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No. I'm not an animal.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God no. I'm not some sort of monster.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By tourgen

sure. If I lived across the street from a chrome plating plant or a paint manufacturer or something I might think twice about it. water is fine out here, just a little hard.

Dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I gotta filter that shit out before I drink it, I'm kind of a germaphobe..

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#69 gamer_152  Moderator

I live in the UK and I'm perfectly fine with it. It's not the first place I go for a drink, but I was ill not too long ago and I was drinking a lot of water straight from the tap.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only time I've had water that tasted bad from the tap was in Singapore where it's supposed to be good but usually it had a bit of a moldy taste(and it made me a bit sick). But the best water in the world is from a well and you drink it from a garden hose on a hot summer day after riding your bike all day.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah I drink tap water.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Of course I do. My local tap water in Helsinki tastes pretty great and I only buy bottled water out of desperation or when I'm abroad someplace where I know the taps aren't safe. It's kind of weird that the water situation in the US is so shitty.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

Usually I make tea. I'm in Tokyo, the water tastes fine though, I don't bother filtering it or anything before I drink it.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost 90% of the time. Water is pretty much all I drink, so I just drink whatever water I have on hand.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75  Edited By Seppli

Switzerland is the water reserve of Europe with all that sweet sweet water flowing from the Alps. Most tap water is about the same or better quality than Evian. Essentially we shower in bottled water around here.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have well water at home so yes, but I voted no, because generally if it's "city" water, it tastes terrible so no.

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not where I currently live. You can taste chemicals in the tap water here, so I just get bottled water (which is bad in its own way, I know, but at least it tastes like water).

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I aint no hoe I get my mouth right down there and slup like a motha fucka. SLURPER GONNA SLURP

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scottish tap water = best water.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I own a filter, so yes.

Bottled water is a rip - get a filter, people.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Those little spinny things in the glass are flavor crystals. Why filter them out?

But, if you like to use a filter, cool. If you drink bottled water, you're a horrible person. That's it!

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#82  Edited By korolev

I live in Brisbane, Australia - the public water here is fine. There's no taste to it at all, which is great. It's clear, it doesn't smell and I've been drinking it for many years and I've suffered nothing as a result of it.

It depends on where you live, but most of the time if you live in a developed nation, your tap water is going to be A-Okay to drink. Most of the time when people say they can "taste" or "feel" a difference, it's just their imagination. My mother swears on drinking boiled, filtered water all the time. She routinely claims that tap water tastes bad. Sometimes she gets me to fill in her water-bottles for her. A couple of times, I just used the tap water when there wasn't any filtered water available.... and she never noticed. I get the feeling that many people who swear that their tap water is "bad" wouldn't be able to tell the difference if they were given two samples of water without being told where they came from.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I lived at home with my parents (back in Ireland) the tapwater periodly ran muddy brown. The idea of drinking tap water ANYWHERE is absolutely disgusting to me.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whats with those deleted posts? are those the ones that talk about fluoride and other poison?

PsychoPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin said:
Loading Video...

OP's relative must be a communist.

My house-mate buys gallons of distilled water because she actually believes that fluoride is a neurotoxin that can give you permanent brain damage. Her boyfriend also believes he can move things with his mind. I don't talk to them much beyond what's necessary to keep the house standing. I tried explaining that I drink tap water daily and I'm fine but you can't reason with crazy people.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#86  Edited By TobbRobb

We have our own well to tap from, and basically all water in Sweden is drinkable straight up. So you know, I just put my head under the tap and let it fall.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Most of the time I use a filter pitcher to get my water. I will drink tap water if I have no money to get a water bottle in the mean time.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

always a classic when it comes to drink water

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

Uuh why is it disgusting to drink directly from the tap but not if you put that same water into another container (a glass) before you drink it? Makes no sense. You're drinking the same water.

Also, fuck doing dishes. I don't yet own a dishwasher so yeah - straight from the tap. It's not like I'm sucking on the metal or anything.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Monkeyman04

I live in the Pacific Northwest and I drink water from the tap. I've always drank from tap and I have yet to get sick from it *knocks on wood*

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to but I've somewhere along the line I started only drinking filtered and feel dirty drinking it from the tap now.

I think a bigger part of it though is so I can get it ice cold from the fridge, rather than mildly cold from a tap.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, I live where we get some pretty nice groundwater. Though as it's hard water I find a lot of tap water and some bottled water tastes salty to me, so I don't drink as much water away from home.

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MrJorOwe

Pretty much never drink plain water, but yes, i will use tap water to mix with cordial, if i am drinking water plain it will be bottled.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I lived in London I drank tap water all the time. It was far nicer than bottled water and wasn't too hard or too soft.

Now I live in small-town Ireland it's a different story. Water straight from the tap here has a foul taste to me and even a distinctive smell. It can ruin my enjoyment of tea and even stuff that's been boiled in it like pasta. Has to be filtered or no chance. What's weird is lots of people here act like they can't even tell. Gimme dat delicious recycled Thames poopy water any day.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yup. Canada.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#96  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Hell yeah!

mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97  Edited By mx

Yeah I drink it straight from the tap, Dutch water is the best water.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#98 sweep  Moderator

In Mumbai? I wouldn't recommend it.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

All the time.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I do, NYC has very good tap water. I generally will fill up a Brita with water, however if it's empty I will drink tap water.