Do you care about Halloween?

• 116 results
ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Only in the sense there is more PB Chocolate candy out there to buy and Horror movies come to streaming services. It's Everything after October I can't stand like Thanksgiving and Christmas

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

I care about the bit after Hallowe'en - the 1st and 2nd November more. That's All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day (Zaduszki) or Day of the Dead, in Poland. We go to place flowers and candles on graves and prepare our homes for communion with the deceased. In the evening, the flames of candles stretch all the way up the hills of cemetaries, giving the whole graveyard a "city of the dead" vibe, while their smoke fills towns and villages with a thick hazy glow.

It's kind of beautiful, to be honest. Halloween's alright as a spooky prelude too, and that's increasingly celebrated here, but the celebration proper only begins at midnight for me.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
A local cemetary^
A local cemetary^
TravisD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By TravisD

I can only understand you because I haven't celebrated Halloween myself for the second year in a row. Generally, after the pandemic started, all holidays feel different somehow. But my friends and I have found a way around that too. Since many of us are still unvaccinated, we play computer games with each other. I made a Halloween-themed presentation by taking halloween google theme https://loveslides.com/halloween/spooky-halloween-free-template-in-sliders-0035.php from the internet and modifying it. I took pictures of me and my friends and pasted them into this presentation.

cybertitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care about any holidays

GuitarGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Halloween and decorate my house every October. My favorite holiday. I usually visit a haunted house type attraction with a few friends, pass out candy, and watch horror movies. It's good fun when you're a kid, going trick or treating, but even as adult there's tons of festivities around Halloween. It's escapism and an opportunity to dress up and be creative. I know most adults are boring and basic and like their normalcy, but anything related to Halloween is just magical to me.

DaimonSheet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By DaimonSheet

Halloween really is the best holiday, I love it as well. That sounds fun! A sleepover party.Your costume sounds cool as well! You have a happy & safe Halloween as well!

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Haven't liked it since I was a kid.

wakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#112  Edited By wakka

Not really. In the neighborhood I live in, it seems like more than half of the doorsteps are empty when kids go trick-or-treating (I am talking pre-lockdown). When I was a kid, to the best of my recollection, skipping a few houses was a more infrequent occasion. Maybe the change is just a window into communities atomizing into solipsistic silos in the digital age ... 🎃🤷‍♂️

GoldMiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah... I like it but I don't like to be involved

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but my partner does, and that's what matters to me.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I like an occasion to watch horror movies. And our house has kind of become "the candy house" of our semi-rural neighborhood, so that's fun on the night proper.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I love Halloween. It's a real cozy holiday and time of year. We don't get a real traditional fall in Arizona, so Halloween is the only indication that it's supposed to be Fall. Also, it's probably the only real stress free holiday in my opinion and you don't need every single family member to attend it.

Jean1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No not really just love the candy and chocolates LOL. But in all seriousness, sometimes our church does an alternative to Halloween parties. Clean ones that is.

BeauBelBehemu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I without a shadow of a doubt do. Annually, I take the littles ones with me to hunt for candy or the more seasoned ones to parties where there are more adult treats. I can do anything, anyway I like meeting my fun levels when the rest of the year is the same old, same old. You can larp, you can throw together a clappable costume, or just get momentos to talk over with others. But most of all the people I spend it with will feel strengthen mentally to get through another year sweeter. I don't keep the candy, I just give it. I'm more of a thematic drink man.