Did any of you guys watch The Bravery on the VGA's?

• 62 results
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By baconbits33

Okay so.... I actually sat through the awards, I was kinda going back and forth between the VGA's and the documentary on Charles Manson (I never did research on it but I found it pretty interesting), so I heard that a band named The Bravery was performing and so I decided I might as well watch it. And omfg I weep for Rock's future. Seriously it was that bad. 

I can't find the video for it any more for some reason.... But did any of you guy see that? It was just sooo horrific and funny at the same time...

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeffsekai

I saw it, does the singer have a menal disabilty? Cuz he sounded like he did and his left hand was always in a weird pose.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By septim

Were they the band playing on the tail end of the show? If so they were pretty atrocious.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree

It was...interesting.  It wasn't HORRIBLE but it was just odd.

JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

He sounded like a Cat being strangled. I hit the mute button.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@baconbits33: i like their hit Believe. either way they're just another 'rock' bandzorz
JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JB16

Can anyone honeslty tell me what the hell their singer was saying? At first I thought he had something in his mouth, then I thought that he just must be speaking in another language.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By baconbits33
@Ahmad_Metallic: It was just..... idk what to call it.... why was the guitarist trying to play his guitar like a damn violin?
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@baconbits33 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: It was just..... idk what to call it.... why was the guitarist trying to play his guitar like a damn violin? "
not sure what u mean, im not really a fan and didnt watch that VGA show
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

The only person who is allowed to bow a guitar besides Jimmy Page is Jón Þór Birgisson

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By teptom

Yeah, it was pretty bad. Especially since they played again at the end of the show.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Trilogy

Guess I missed the VGA's. 

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nasar7

They were awful, I was kind of embarrassed watching them to be honest.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By chstupid

It sounded like they were dying

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By ImperiousRix

Oh god, that band was horrendous.  I kept thinking that the singer was fucking up his pitch or something, until he proceeded to make the same screechy and gargly noises over and over again.

Then I realized they were intentionally horrendous.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By 71Ranchero

Almost positive that you guys are all just too young to understand the sound they are going for. Im not saying I like them very much but they nailed the sound they were trying to emulate 100%, vocals and all. 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green

they were alright. they were suppose to sound like that. it really not my type of band. i wish they had somebody more popular.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By baconbits33
@Atramentous said:
" Almost positive that you guys are all just too young to understand the sound they are going for. Im not saying I like them very much but they nailed the sound they were trying to emulate 100%, vocals and all.  "
That doesn't mean that the sound doesn't sound like shit. Crap music is crap music no matter how you look at it.
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Playing the guitar like a violin is an interesting idea, but it sounds like complete ass.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 71Ranchero
@baconbits33 said:
" @Atramentous said:
" Almost positive that you guys are all just too young to understand the sound they are going for. Im not saying I like them very much but they nailed the sound they were trying to emulate 100%, vocals and all.  "
That doesn't mean that the sound doesn't sound like shit. Crap music is crap music no matter how you look at it. "
Music is a subjective art form. Something that you think is crap today could have very well been a chart topper 20 years ago. More power too em for doing there thing I say.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By baconbits33
@Atramentous: Pal you can go on and on about what is art, but what is shit is shit, don't try and spin it cause it's just shit.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kmdrkul
@Atramentous said:
No, no, no.  They were a poor imitation, at best, of their influences.  The Bravery have long been regarded as jokes when it came to post-punk in my book, and I was embarrassed for the genre as a whole last night watching them.  Their music is an insult to bands like Joy Division, whom the singer was clearly trying to emulate.  Robert Smith from The Cure was allowed to get away his sort of off-pitch, scared style of singing.  The clown from The Bravery just sounds like he flat out doesn't know how to sing... period.  If I want good examples of modern post-punk I'll listen to The Horrors, Interpol, Editors (not their last album though, it fucking blows HARD!...) or Bloc Party.  

Sorry, didn't mean to be so critical of your post, heh.  I just felt rather strongly about it...
71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By 71Ranchero
@kmdrkul said:
" @Atramentous said:
No, no, no.  They were a poor imitation, at best, of their influences.  The Bravery have long been regarded as jokes when it came to post-punk in my book, and I was embarrassed for the genre as a whole last night watching them.  Their music is an insult to bands like Joy Division, whom the singer was clearly trying to emulate.  Robert Smith from The Cure was allowed to get away his sort of off-pitch, scared style of singing.  The clown from The Bravery just sounds like he flat out doesn't know how to sing... period.  If I want good examples of modern post-punk I'll listen to The Horrors, Interpol, Editors (not their last album though, it fucking blows HARD!...) or Bloc Party.    Sorry, didn't mean to be so critical of your post, heh.  I just felt rather strongly about it... "
Be as critical as you like because you have the only valid negative comment against them I have seen on here :P 

Remember, I didnt say I like them.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kmdrkul
@Atramentous said:
" @kmdrkul said:
" @Atramentous said:
No, no, no.  They were a poor imitation, at best, of their influences.  The Bravery have long been regarded as jokes when it came to post-punk in my book, and I was embarrassed for the genre as a whole last night watching them.  Their music is an insult to bands like Joy Division, whom the singer was clearly trying to emulate.  Robert Smith from The Cure was allowed to get away his sort of off-pitch, scared style of singing.  The clown from The Bravery just sounds like he flat out doesn't know how to sing... period.  If I want good examples of modern post-punk I'll listen to The Horrors, Interpol, Editors (not their last album though, it fucking blows HARD!...) or Bloc Party.    Sorry, didn't mean to be so critical of your post, heh.  I just felt rather strongly about it... "
Be as critical as you like because you have the only valid negative comment against them I have seen on here :P  Remember, I didnt say I like them. "
Oh, you didn't?  Uh, I guess I better put my torch and pitchfork away then...
SlantedRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SlantedRoom

dude the bravery suck fat balls.. period. end of story

Liam_mk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Liam_mk
@baconbits33 said:
" @Atramentous said:
That doesn't mean that the sound doesn't sound like shit. Crap music is crap music no matter how you look at it. "

I love how we can argue over something that we all agreed was terrible
71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 71Ranchero
@kmdrkul said:
" @Atramentous said:
" @kmdrkul said:
" @Atramentous said:
Be as critical as you like because you have the only valid negative comment against them I have seen on here :P  Remember, I didnt say I like them. "
Oh, you didn't?  Uh, I guess I better put my torch and pitchfork away then... "
Keep em out, I may post in a Wii thread later and they will come in handy.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#28  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@Jeffsekai said:
" I saw it, does the singer have a menal disabilty? Cuz he sounded like he did and his left hand was always in a weird pose. "
That's just what excessive amounts of drugs do to you.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheMustacheHero

They were awful.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By JJOR64

I seen them, but I didn't pay attention.

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kingclaw

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RetroIce4

That was pretty funny. I was just laughing about how bad it was.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Diamond

When they can have a single videogame awards show without bringing in bullshit like this, I'll be happy.

How about NO Hollywood celebrities or popular musicians?  How about NO network television tie-ins?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HandsomeDead
@baconbits33 said:
"And omfg I weep for Rock's future. Seriously it was that bad."
They've already been going for 6 years and had a few big songs in the UK as well as a song on Burnout Revenge. It's good to see you're far enough behind the times that you won't even know about rock's future until it's already gone.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hatking
@kmdrkul said:
" @Atramentous said:

Awesome bands you've listed there.  Still I enjoyed The Bravery and anybody who is just going to dismiss it as shit can go get fucked.  There are about a hundred other bands getting far more attention than they deserve and as soon as these guys get a TV spot people decide to cut them down.  If you have to spend your time hating musicians hate the ones that deserve it, like Greenday or Lady Gaga, say what you want about me comparing the two of them, the only thing either is interested in is money.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By baconbits33
@HatKing said:
" @kmdrkul said:
" @Atramentous said:
Awesome bands you've listed there.  Still I enjoyed The Bravery and anybody who is just going to dismiss it as shit can go get fucked.  There are about a hundred other bands getting far more attention than they deserve and as soon as these guys get a TV spot people decide to cut them down.  If you have to spend your time hating musicians hate the ones that deserve it, like Greenday or Lady Gaga, say what you want about me comparing the two of them, the only thing either is interested in is money. "
Sorry but that was shit. You can't defend shit, it was bad, and almost everyone on here thought it was shit, Green Day has back stabbed punk, and Lady Gaga..... She's just a freak....
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By baconbits33
@HandsomeDead said:
" @baconbits33 said:
They've already been going for 6 years and had a few big songs in the UK as well as a song on Burnout Revenge. It's good to see you're far enough behind the times that you won't even know about rock's future until it's already gone. "
Well considering for the past 4 years I've been in South Korea and for the other couple years before that I was in Salt Lake City, Utah where it's true rock being shown there... at least that's how it was.... 
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HandsomeDead
@baconbits33 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @baconbits33 said:
They've already been going for 6 years and had a few big songs in the UK as well as a song on Burnout Revenge. It's good to see you're far enough behind the times that you won't even know about rock's future until it's already gone. "
Well considering for the past 4 years I've been in South Korea and for the other couple years before that I was in Salt Lake City, Utah where it's true rock being shown there... at least that's how it was....  "
In that case, don't talk about things you don't know about.
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By stonyman65

That was so bad.... I had to mute my tv

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By baconbits33
@HandsomeDead: I don't know about? That band is shit, they suck horribly, hell they make suck look damn good. HandsomeDead I can tell you that that is not rock and if your gonna pull the "they have singles in the UK" crap again, dude no one gives a fuck, most of the people on this forum almost all of them said that band sucked ass so it seems pretty damn easy to me then to get a single in the UK. Hell if My Chemical Romance can have all their songs they release become singles in the UK then that should say something.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HandsomeDead
@baconbits33: Christ, calm down. I'll have to remember never to point out your irrelevance again.
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Venatio

They were goddamn horrible, I just turned off the sound and went and got a snack until they finished

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By baconbits33
@HandsomeDead said:
" @baconbits33: Christ, calm down. I'll have to remember never to point out your irrelevance again. "
You do realize that I have had the internet right? And itunes, and I have a library of roughly around 25,000 songs? I know todays music, I just have alway stayed away from shitty music. 
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HandsomeDead
@baconbits33 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @baconbits33: Christ, calm down. I'll have to remember never to point out your irrelevance again. "
You do realize that I have had the internet right? And itunes, and I have a library of roughly around 25,000 songs? I know todays music, I just have alway stayed away from shitty music.  "
Good stuff, but calling a band that's 6 years old a threat to the 'future' of anything means that 25,000 means roughly jack and shit.
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By baconbits33
@HandsomeDead: Just cause they've been around for 6 years doesn't mean that they don't have an influence on the future of rock. You do realize they classify John Mayer as rock right? And he's been influencing bands since 1998.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hatking
@baconbits33 said:
" @HatKing said:
" @kmdrkul said:
" @Atramentous said:
Awesome bands you've listed there.  Still I enjoyed The Bravery and anybody who is just going to dismiss it as shit can go get fucked.  There are about a hundred other bands getting far more attention than they deserve and as soon as these guys get a TV spot people decide to cut them down.  If you have to spend your time hating musicians hate the ones that deserve it, like Greenday or Lady Gaga, say what you want about me comparing the two of them, the only thing either is interested in is money. "
Sorry but that was shit. You can't defend shit, it was bad, and almost everyone on here thought it was shit, Green Day has back stabbed punk, and Lady Gaga..... She's just a freak.... "

Yeah because I base what I like off of how everybody else feels about it.  I don't a fuck what anybody else likes, I know I listen to their albums and enjoy them.  I don't understand why you hate this band so much after seeing one live performance.  What kind of bands do you enjoy?  I'll go watch one video of them and dismiss it as "shit". 

Also don't act like Green Day back stabbed anybody, punk was dying and the pseudo-rebels were begging for something to give them the legitimacy they've lacked since the 80's.  When Green Day brought the scene back to the spotlight the crowd turned on them.  They can act as hardcore as they want with their leather Misfits jackets and gauges in their ears but they preach the same generic sermon as the big guys do.  In reality the new punk music is the same scene that the punk fans hated not more than 20 years ago.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By bubahula

i switched to mythbusters when they were on

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HandsomeDead
@baconbits33: Find me one band, or one person, who would seriously say anything about The Bravery was going to influence a future wave of musicians.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#49  Edited By EpicSteve

I've never even herd of them before yesterday.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By baconbits33
@HatKing said:
" @baconbits33 said:
" @HatKing said:
" @kmdrkul said:
" @Atramentous said:
Sorry but that was shit. You can't defend shit, it was bad, and almost everyone on here thought it was shit, Green Day has back stabbed punk, and Lady Gaga..... She's just a freak.... "
Yeah because I base what I like off of how everybody else feels about it.  I don't a fuck what anybody else likes, I know I listen to their albums and enjoy them.  I don't understand why you hate this band so much after seeing one live performance.  What kind of bands do you enjoy?  I'll go watch one video of them and dismiss it as "shit".  Also don't act like Green Day back stabbed anybody, punk was dying and the pseudo-rebels were begging for something to give them the legitimacy they've lacked since the 80's.  When Green Day brought the scene back to the spotlight the crowd turned on them.  They can act as hardcore as they want with their leather Misfits jackets and gauges in their ears but they preach the same generic sermon as the big guys do.  In reality the new punk music is the same scene that the punk fans hated not more than 20 years ago. "
Well honestly if you called my bands shit I would have to hack into your computer, find your address, find your identity, then go to your house and kill you lol jk jk I wouldn't care honestly, I really wouldn't, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which also means we can make fun of your bands as much as possible. Soo without further ado I add in: The Bravery is shit.  

And I'm a Sex Pistols fan soooo yeah they back stabbed Punk. Especially when they actually endorsed a Presidential Candidate that was backstabbing the very foundation that Punk stands on (doesn't matter who it was but the fact that they did it), and then claiming they are also anarchists... no that was just wrong, it was wrong. Billie Joe Armstrong is a little bitch anyways everyone knows that.