Your Most Anticipated Game of 2020?

• 52 results
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Poll Your Most Anticipated Game of 2020? (295 votes)

Animal Crossing: New Horizons 6%
Bayonetta & Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle 0%
Bayonetta 3 (If it comes out? It's been long enough and seems possible.) 0%
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIII 0%
Cyberpunk 2077 41%
Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise 1%
Demon’s Souls Remake (If the rumors are true and comes out next year.) 1%
Doom Eternal 10%
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot 1%
Dying Light 2 1%
Elden Ring 6%
Empire of Sin 1%
Final Fantasy 7 Remake 6%
Ghost of Tsushima (if it comes out next year) 1%
Gods and Monsters 0%
Half Life: Alyx 1%
Halo Infinite 4%
Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel (if it comes out next year in time for launch or launch window) 0%
The Last of Us Part II 6%
Marvel’s Avengers 0%
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 (if it comes out next year) 0%
Microsoft Flight Simulator 0%
Nioh 2 1%
No More Heroes 3 0%
Ori and the Will of the Wisps 0%
Psychonauts 2 2%
Rainbow Six Quarantine 0%
Resident Evil 3 Remake (if it comes out next year) 3%
Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore 1%
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 (if it comes out) 1%
Wasterland 3 0%
Watch Dogs Legion 1%
Yakuza 5 Remastered 0%
Yakuza (7:) Like a Dragon 2%
Others 2%

I threw a couple in there like Horizon 2 and Spider-Man 2 that'll definitely happen sooner than later but might be a reach for next year. I think the timeline matches up for them to come out, especially 'cuz Sony has a really important console launch with MS gaining some momentum. And Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 feels like something that'll keep getting delayed even beyond 2021 but I still put it up 'cuz I'm sure there is someone excited and hoping for a release next year. Couple likely ones like Demon's Souls and REmake3 seem safe enough to throw in. I'm sure someone will be mad I didn't put in Metroid Prime 4 but Nintendo said it's far away so if you're thinking that'll come out next year, probably don't?

I guess FF7 Remake is still my most anticipated game for next year? But I'm actually really happy Yakuza 5 will be coming out for PS4 cuz I loved Yakuza 4 and it'd be cool to get my hands on Yakuza 5 in the best state. Hopefully they'll sale those games individually at some point. Anyways, seems like a strong year with consoles launches being the cherry on top.

• 
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Fuck, forgot to list Granblue Fantasy: Relink. That game looks awesome and will probably come out next year.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 75

#2  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Sure, I look forward to Empire of Sin, Cyberpunk and that new Watch_dogs thing, but I guess I'm the most excited for what Funcom will do with the Dune franchise which they got the video game rights for earlier this year. Hoping there'll be a decent Dune game in time for the new movie. Preferably a strategy thing like Westwood's Dune games, but I think there are a lot of aspects of that universe that could be interesting to explore in games of all kinds of genres.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Dying Light 2 for sure, but there are a ton of great looking games on that list.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Cyberpunk...not for anything they’ve shown, or the license itself, it’s just a CD Projekt Red cyberpunk game.

That said, I’d be hyped for more Witcher, too.

Last of Us and all-things-Yakuza get my blood pumping, too.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Next year is so stacked it's genuinely difficult to keep track of the huge amount of good looking games. Here's a few more that didn't make the poll:

• Desperados III
  • Project Sakura Wars
  • Prodeus
  • Wrath: Aeon of Ruin (leaving Early Access)
  • Hades (leaving Early Access)
  • Long Gone Days (leaving Early Access)
  • Factorio (leaving Early Access)
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Persona 5 Scramble
  • 13 Sentinels
  • Iron Harvest
  • Command & Conquer remasters
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • Torchlight Frontiers
  • GTFO
  • Necrobarista
  • Impostor Factory

More speculative releases:

• Baldur's Gate III
  • Serious Sam 4
  • System Shock 3
  • Shin Megami Tensei V

Despite all that, I can't help but vote for FFVII Remake.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Casepb

I voted for HL:Alyx just cause I've been wanting a new HL, but it was a hard choice. Really looking forward to so many games. 2020 is just going to be insane. I would have voted for Cyberpunk if it wasn't for HL. After Cyberpunk I think my next would be Doom Eternal.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Halo. I feel like 5 had by far the best combat in the series and I was a huge fan of warzone. Curious what they'll do to expand the multiplayer. The story started getting weird but it can lead to some real apocalyptic payoffs. I'm confident in their foundation and a 5 year gap will hopefully lead to some ambitious concepts being realized.

Hopefully it's not just a loot shooter, but if it is then they surely looked at Destiny to see what works. I feel like Microsoft will give the team infinite resources to keep that game going for the whole generation.

If anything, the art will probably look great on the new system.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Doom all day. But man... looking at the poll like that, I'm going to accomplish absolutely nothing next year... holy hell. Even eliminating the stuff I'm not personally interested in or don't have the platform to play, as well as what hasn't been announced yet, my plate will be very full indeed.

Now, the question presents itself: Get all the games I'm hyped about at or near launch, or save for a PS5? Doom day one is a given, and maybe RE3Make, but I thiiiiink I can wait on the rest?

BaconHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I picked Doom, but it was a tough choice between that and Cyberpunk. For me, those two are head and shoulders above everything else on the list.

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Desperados III, Biomutant, Assassin's Creed Ragnarok (rumoured), and The Waylanders are all games I'm watching and waiting for intensely that weren't listed initially.

Excited for the following games to come out of early access: Risk of Rain 2, Griftlands, Hades, and Subnautica: Below Zero.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The end of March is going to be an absolute bloodbath vying for my time. What an unreal couple of weeks.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TLoU2 with a bullet. nothing else comes close!

(next year does look incredibly stacked, though).

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nioh 2 and Vampire: The Masquerade. I know Nioh will probably be more of the same with enhancements here and there but there is nothing like that game that just gives you everything and spoils you with every means to build your character. Also I'm really surprised no one picked Vampire: The Masquerade as their top choice yet. Those two really are day one releases for me.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shiftygism

Retromania Wrestling!

Animal Crossing if I had a Switch.

Watch Dogs: Legion looks great, but I've been pretty unimpressed with the majority of Ubisoft's open world mission design I've played. Watch Dogs 2, does have the best open world to fuck around in however, thanks to all the tricks up your sleeve in relation to being a nuisance, and the great reactions of the npcs. So here's hopin'.

GuardianBob87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are the most hype on my radar:

• Cyberpunk 2077
  • Demon’s Souls Remake
  • Elden Ring
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake

I didn't want to vote for a remake and we just don't know anything about Elden Ring, so I defaulted to Cyberpunk!

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next year is stacked for sure, but I'm dying to see what a game built from the ground up for PS5/Scarlet looks like. I'm guessing it'll probably either be God of War 2 or Horizon 2

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard for me to pick, but I think we can all agree that 2020 is looking to be a hell of a year for the medium.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Actually really looking forward to when we can learn more about Rainbow Six Quarantine. The coop Outbreak mode they did last year was pretty rad so I'm curious to see how that translates to a full game, if that's what it is, and how it could tie into Siege.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#20 chaser324  Moderator

Damn. 2020 is looking stacked, and that's not even taking into account the inevitable new console launch hype.

Doom Eternal, RE3, and FF7 Remake are probably at the top of my personal list at the moment, but there are at least half a dozen others that are not far behind.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

For me, the Final Fantasy VII remake is at the top. The original continues to be one of my favorite games so I'm psyched for it, albeit a little apprehensive. RE3 Remake would be next followed by Doom Eternal/Ghost of Tsushima

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animal crossing hands down. It's the reason I bought a switch a few years back, everything I've played on it since has just been extra. Lotta other games I'm looking forward to, but Animal Crossing as a series is in my top 3 of favorite games of all time

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I voted for Doom Eternal mostly because it's the game I'd like to play most right now. 2016's Doom had my favorite gameplay loop and combat in a shooter. Although the delay has me a little concerned especially since it was pushed to the end of the last month of the fiscal year.

Hades is probably next in line; it's the game I'm least likely to be disappointed by. Finally, Elden Ring is the game I'm looking forward to hearing about the most.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Cyberpunk, although more Yakuza on PC would be a nice christmas present...

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lot of games I'm very excited for, but Doom Eternal tops them all.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyberpunk, although I'm kinda torn about whether to get it now, or whether I'll have the willpower to wait for the inevitable re-release on next gen.

After that, it's Nioh 2. The first game is on my all time favorites list and I really liked what I played of the open demo.

I'm sure Doom will be good, but I'm a little worried about just how arcade-y they seem to have made it with literal extra lives and things just floating there. I kinda feel like that might take it from a good over-the-top ridiculous to "this is a stupid bad video game" ridiculous.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#27  Edited By Bonbonetti

Post-edit: I need to add Evil Genius 2, Serious Sam 4, VirtuaVerse, The Settlers, Desperados 3, Wasteland 3, as well.

Yakuza 7, followed by the Yakuza 5 and Destroy All Humans re-makes, as well as Deadly Premonition 2.

I'm hyped for Beautiful Desolation, an isometric adventure game. Likewise with Copper Dreams, a cyberpunk horror rpg. I backed both of these on Kickstarter.

The Riftbreaker looks like a cool base building game. Age of Fear 4, the latest in an awesome franchise.

Some of my purchased Early Access games will hopefully get a full release in 2020: Starpoint Gemini 3, Rings of Saturn, It Stares Back, Astrox Imperium, Star Valor, Gaia Beyond, Three Kingdoms the Last Warlord, and probably a few others I can't remember right now. Mostly space games.

As usual there will probably be a dozen or so Indie games I've never heard of that will look awesome.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Of those choices, Animal Crossing New Horizons. I'm starving to get into Animal Crossing again and this game looks awfully good. Doom Eternal is another game I'm looking forward to as I've heard DOOM 2016 was incredibly well optimized and the sequel should be the same. Same with Age of Empires 4 which its great to see that franchise is making a comeback again.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is gonna be the first year I'm not hopping out of my seat with hype for a game in quite some time, but goodness if there aren't a ton of great looking games coming all the same. Of that list, I'm most interested in Cyberpunk, with some reservations (I adored Witcher 3 in good part for its writing, but the writing in the Cyberpunk gameplay they've shown off has really not been grabbing me). Honorable mentions: Watch Dogs Legion, Vampire 2, Flight Simulator.

Not on the list, I'm interested to see how Crusader Kings III turns out after playing way more CKII than I ever expected. Assuming it hits in late 2020, I'm also really excited to see what another two year gap does for Assassin's Creed with the rumored next-gen Viking game coming down the pipe...after souring on the series for a few years post-Black Flag, Origins was my surprise GOTY for 2017 and Odyssey has also been immensely fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Last of Us and Cyberpunk cuz I'm a basic bitch. You did get me thinking on the launch of the next gen and how it could be a very strong launch lineup due to competition being tight and the fact that architect wise these systems are more like PCs so scaling games up to the new hardware could be much easier. There could be some big name franchises and releases that were in development for current gen that got moved to take advantage of this next gen and that's exciting.

BMaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been looking forward to Ooblets since it was announced. It looks charming as hell, like an Animal Crossing/Pokemon mashup with card-based dance battles. It's a shame the conversation around the game got incredibly toxic this year due to all of the dumb Epic Game Store nonsense.

Also psyched for Hades and Griftlands to go 1.0

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By tatsuyarr

My heart says Elden Ring even if I've been disappointed by From with Sekiro. A very close second is Nioh 2 and I already know it's going to be great, having tried the open Beta.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

1. Cyberpunk

2. Doom

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tie between Psychonauts 2 and Ori 2.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'm always a bit hesitant to pick the 'obvious' triple A titles are are gonna be decent, but likely a bit safe and dull. But, below are titles that do peak my interest.

• Skull & Bones
  • Kerbal Space Program 2
  • TWELVE MINUTES
  • Away: The Survival Series
  • Way to the Woods
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
  • Empire of Sin
Avatar image for soimadeanaccount
soimadeanaccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 5 Royal, FF7 Remake, Dying Light, yet don't have much expectations for them...maybe Persona 5 Scramble as well.

Curious about Cyberpunk, more out of academic interests however.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta go with Doom Eternal, damn I enjoyed the hell out of Doom (2016), what an absolute joy to play, I just had to platinum it. I just hope it's as good as the first, if it's on par I'm happy.

FFVII was my original choice but it need to be exceptional and I'm just not sure that's what we're gonna get.

Mr.Negative over here. I've been duped before. Have low expectations, anything above that is a bonus. :)

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nicksmi56

Honestly, a lot of the heavy hitters aren't doing it for me, so I'm gonna go with Shantae and the Seven Sirens. I know for a fact I'm gonna love it ^_^

Second choice would be Persona 5 Scramble. Haven't played P5 yet, but if it's anything like the other Personas I've played, I'll fall in love with it and eat Scramble for breakfast.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last of Us and Cyberpunk cuz I'm a basic bitch. You did get me thinking on the launch of the next gen and how it could be a very strong launch lineup due to competition being tight and the fact that architect wise these systems are more like PCs so scaling games up to the new hardware could be much easier. There could be some big name franchises and releases that were in development for current gen that got moved to take advantage of this next gen and that's exciting.

Basic bitches are people too! Also looking forward to both these games.

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyberpunk 2077 and Ghost of Tsushima are certainly up there, if for no other reason than they aren't sequels and don't feel like more of the same. Yeah, I'll almost certainly play The Last of Us 2, Doom 2, Dying Light 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, Spider-man 2, Ori 2, Nioh 2, Watch Dogs 3, and Halo 6, but none of them are games I feel like I need to play at launch. They all fall into that "wait until it's on sale for $20 or less" category.

If there's one sequel I'd be tempted to buy at release, it would be - and I can't believe I'm saying this - Deadly Premonition 2. Because if there's one sequel where I have to know what the hell it is, it's a Deadly Premonition sequel. Unfortunately, if it's exclusive to the Switch, it'd require me to buy a Switch, and if I didn't buy one for Breath of the Wild, I'm sure as hell not buying one for Deadly Premonition 2.

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil 3 and Doom Eternal for me because Doom was supposed to come out this year but got pushed to 2020. If Resident Evil 3 sells well then Capcom could possibility start work on Resident Evil Code Veronica. Plus the thought of playing Resident Evil 3 in 2020 being made from the ground up and facing Nemesis is getting me excited for April.

Pilgrimm1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FF7 Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, Half Life: Alyx, Vampire Bloodlines 2

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Persona 5 Royal. I've been wanting to play P5 for so long but have been moving around/living on a ship for the past 3 years so I haven't really had the time to commit to it. I'm getting my own place soon though so I'll finally get the chance.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Psychonauts 2. It was also my most anticipated game of 2019.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Voted Cyberpunk, but I'm bored with talking about tripple-A games, so I wanna see what's good with Kandagawa Jet Girls.

Kodo_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toss-up between FF7R and Hollow Knight Silksong.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Cyberpunk. Last time I had that old school game anticipation feeling from my youth was with Witcher 3 so it's back for their next game. The open world vent crawler feel looks amazing.

Aristotled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't Botw 2 be on this list? Seems at least like a decent chance

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By pweidman

Cyberpunk easily, but looking forward to the next Doom, Halo Infinite, and Forza Horizon 5, set in Japan & Brazil, and due in Sept. should be another multiple year Forza game for me.

dantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My head is with Cyberpunk, my heart (because nostalga is a powerful thing) is with RE3 Remake.