What game would you like to see rebooted/remastered?

• 106 results
goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By goonage

So I just recently read Yummylee's post about Dino Crisis, which brought back memories of playing it at my friend's house. Though I'd probably find the game unplayable today, if it got some kind of update I'd play it again (Especially is you take into account other franchises that updated/ are updating, like Thief and Pokemon).

Anyway, if you could take a game and update it, which one would it be?

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Shadows of the Empire. If you gave that game a good dev team, it could be cool. With modern voice work and the technology behind motion capture and animation, along with modern writing could improve that game immensely.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onimusha games because I want to slice demons with katana in a samurai armor in full 1080p 60 frames per second. It is just crazy how many resident evil versions we get and even dmc got hd release. Where is my Samanosuke Akechi man? Where is my samurai fix?

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cloudymusic

MechWarrior 2.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Fallout 1 - Having recently re-played about half of Fallout 1, the amazing parts of that game are still amazing, but there are A LOT of rough edges on that game. The lack of polish is kind of charming in its own way, but a proper top-down remake that was appropriately polished could be incredible.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new Metroid taking cues from Dark Souls and Dead Space could be pretty rad.

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Dead Redemption. Please. You can have one of my kidneys. Seriously.

And, I guess if we are talking just older stuff, I think devs deserve another swing at The Thing.

Avatar image for arkade_kalamity
Arkade_Kalamity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Darkness and Red Dead Redemption.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Fallout. I guess Wasteland was that and it even had Chris Avellone working on it. Well, shit I guess this is as good as it gets..

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_A_Drain

I don't need reboots, and remasters are patchy at best a lot of the time.

You know what I do want though? A reliable, hassle-free way to make a huge bundle of old-ass games play in a window, I'd be more than willing to pay a couple dollars per game for that, a nice resizable window that I can play the game in and not have it blank out my other 2 monitors. Or screw with my resolution.

I don't care for remasters, I'm more than capable of enjoying most of those old games as-is, but I would absolutely LOVE to be able to do it while having facebook or netflix on the other monitors at the same time. Without screwing about with buggy community efforts at least, I know there's a few dx hacks that'll let you do it, but in my experience none of them work reliably and none of them work across a wide enough variety of games.

Markiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id love to see Star Wars - Knights of The Old Republic remade. If any game deserves to be remade - its this game !

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

I echo Markiel. I think there is definitely something to be gained by rebooting the Old Republic series.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A new Dino Crisis that takes environment ques from Dead Space would rock.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By conmulligan

Command & Conquer.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Actraiser?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I'd like to see a Folklore HD...er

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear 1 and 2

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll throw in the expected. FF7.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I want an HD remaster of FFXII on PC more than any other remaster. Not super interested in reboots.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

ff6, xenogears... but i'm fine if they never get a remake, just makes replaying them more nostalgic.

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd take a PS4 collection of those Mass Effect games...

Mass Effect 1 might be a bit tricky to get on there, though

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I've been waiting for a modern version of this game for 16 years. One day someone will realize that Colony Wars is super fucking awesome and would look amazing with current gen graphics.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Onimusha games. Those were so great and looked amazing even back in the day.

JonKrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oblivion? I know its not that old but that game took a decent chunk of my life away, and I'm ok with that. I'd be okay with a decent chunk of my life being taken by it again.

Also, SUPER FUCKING MONKEY BALL. This is an idea people need to get behind, high res graphics with the same physics. I want AiAi in 1080p.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crash Bandicoot. Crash could totally benefit from a reboot and a new game would look spectacular on current gen.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only big nostalgia game for me that hasn't already been rebooted is Quest for Glory. There's been some modern versions, but they've not been very good. An actual full-on 3d action-rpg reboot could be quite awesome. Oh, and something taking real inspiration from Moonstone could be amazing.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Kings Field. All the Kings Fields.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the Onimusha calls. Those had great gameplay, very accurate and methodical! I will also add FF9 to the mix, since it has no release on steam yet(i think?).

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master of Magic. That was my favourite game when i was about 15, and would love an updated version.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin Sphere

Resident Evil 2

Ape Escape

Suikoden

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Heroes of Might and Magic III. They don't even need to change anything, just make it work on modern Macs.

Master of Magic. That was my favourite game when i was about 15, and would love an updated version.

Also this. So much this.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shortbreadtom

I miss "simple" RTS's, like the original Command and Conquer and Age of Empires/Mythology. Just a shit ton of buildings and cool units, where the focus is more on making your base and army look really cool (at least that's how I played them). So I want reboots of Command and Conquer and Age of Mythology. It's criminal we haven't had a sequel to AoM, and the less said about the C&Cs after 3 the better. C&C in particular really needs a reboot, and none of that F2P garbage EA was planning to release

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm sick of HD Remastered Editions or what have you. I want a real remake. I mean, take something like an old final fantasy game(let's say 7) and just go effing crazy on the visuals. Full voice acting, reworked and expanded script, full orchestral remake of the soundtrack, you name it. Keep the systems the same, keep all the old quirk(taking barrett on the date or weird minigame nonsense for example)...just update it. I can see myself controlling Cloud from third person, going through the bombing mission at the start. I don't know if it would work out, but I'd like to see it tried(more often? maybe there are examples I don't know about).

Do something like that with an old game.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came here to post Dino Crisis to see that Dino Crisis was what brought this threat about. *thumbs up*

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Rebooted? Saints Row. That franchise has taken its insanity as far as it can go. Time to go back to square one and begin anew.

Remastered? The Elder Scrolls Daggerfall and Morrowind. I never got around to playing Daggerfall although I am told the map is huge! I did play Morrowind and its great. I know the mod community has done a lot to upgrade it from the original, but the engine is still more than a decade old. Remake it in the Skyrim engine or better yet, the Fallout 4 engine (you know it exists somewhere in the depths of Bethesda).

The person above who mentioned KOTOR is spot on. That game is still awesome. With a fresh coat of paint it would even more awesome, awesomer.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majora's Mask (i'll never shut up about it!)

Street Fighter Alpha 3

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Diablo II

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#39 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Rival Schools (I really just want another RS game)

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Metal Gear 1 and 2
  • Resident Evil (I know it's been done before. DO IT AGAIN!)
  • Resident Evil 2 and 3
  • Saints Row (although I also love what they are doing now)
  • a WW2 Call of Duty

I would love to see the Pre-Skyrim Elder Scrolls games remastered. I came into the series with Skyrim so I totally missed out on the previous games. After playing Skyrim, it's hard to go back to those older games.

Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Anniversary

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By EuanDewar

Earthbound GBA cause I've never played it before and I'd like to be able to play it portable-style.

Actually there's a fistload of games I'd love to see remastered but there's just too many so I went with the first one that came to mind. Besides, Halo 3 got remastered so I'm good for a while.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My top 2 would have to be Bully and Onimusha.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect Trilogy full remake, seriously.

A lot of classic games would be cool with newer graphics but are fine as is. The thing about Mass Effect is that, even though the trilogy was good overall, there was sooo much untapped potential there. I see so many ways in which those games could be improved and make something truly amazing. I'd love a remake that basically pulls the best parts out of each game and then rebuilds it as one unified whole, with opportunities to fix up some of the weaker writing and expand the scope.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebooted? Saints Row. That franchise has taken its insanity as far as it can go. Time to go back to square one and begin anew.

Remastered? The Elder Scrolls Daggerfall and Morrowind. I never got around to playing Daggerfall although I am told the map is huge! I did play Morrowind and its great. I know the mod community has done a lot to upgrade it from the original, but the engine is still more than a decade old. Remake it in the Skyrim engine or better yet, the Fallout 4 engine (you know it exists somewhere in the depths of Bethesda).

I'd love to see the wacky Saints Row do fantasy. Like Guilds of Saint's Row or something. I don't think many people cared for Saint's Row when it was trying to be GTA.

As for a remastered Daggerfall, I believe it's so big because everything was procedurally generated.

Morrowind? Look up Skywind on youtube. There's a mod community working on remaking Morrowind in the Skyrim engine.

La_raga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for me, i would like to see a reebot or remastered

1- Dino Crisis

2- The Suffering

3- Resident Evil 3 Nemesis

4- Psi-ops: Mindgate Conspiracy

5- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always go out of my way to answer every single one of these threads, and my answer is always the same: MediEvil.

Don't worry, I have already notified Gio Corsi about #buildingthelist repeatedly.

I will not give up hope.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I was just noting this in Worth Reading - I'd like to see Morrowind's graphics, animations, and moment-to-moment mechanics updated, and maybe the sound, and nothing else.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#49 fisk0  Moderator

@the_vein said:
Loading Video...

I've been waiting for a modern version of this game for 16 years. One day someone will realize that Colony Wars is super fucking awesome and would look amazing with current gen graphics.

Yup.

That and Terminal Velocity would be my top picks, I think. Closely followed by Descent and Crusader: No Remorse.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

SimAnt. I want to see modern hardware utilized for better AI and bigger colonies. I want Leiningen Vs The Ants style sieges.