What controllers are people using for PC gaming these days?

• 60 results
bitbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I used to use a 360 controller but the wireless adapter stopped working so I got an Xbox One controller and now the d pad is not working so I now use a PS3 controller because that’s all I have. I like the Xbox ones better but MS build quality has been a bit lacking for me.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'm using Xbox One controllers.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DualSense for me. I'm a haptics fanatic. Just pump audio through the controller's rear channels to get the good feels.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 25

Xbox One controller, and 360 before that. What can I say, I am a "Microsoft loyalist".

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

The Xbox One controller works great on a PC. I was using one with a USB cord for a while, but I ended up getting the 8Bitdo Bluetooth wireless dongle so I can use it wirelessly. I use it a ton on both newer and old games.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I think the Xbox Series X controller is great. Not too pricey and it slots right into a USB-C port if you have one of those near your play area.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I mostly use a 360 pad, although sometimes a DS4 for certain games.

Do people using a DS4 find any compatibility issues? I've had some games just not recognise it, especially through the Xbox store, and I don't know if it's just an issue with my controller connection or the games themselves. It works fine for PS4 remote play as well as on most Steam games I've tried (I used it a lot for Hitman).

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Seriously, the best controllers to use are the Xbox 360 or Xbox One controllers. Basically, any official controller by Microsoft. They made it so third party controllers are difficult to use. There is no guarantee that the drivers for a third party controller will work or even install on the PC, resulting in having to search the internet for them to install manually or some type of workaround.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@y2ken: games from GamePass / the MS store often only support Xbox controllers. It sucks for us, but it's a sane decision from the devs.

You can use ds4windows, or glosc + Steam to get the games to see your controller as an Xbox one.

Also, since posting I've gone and picked up a PS5 controller for my PC and am loving it.