• 67 results
BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By BBQBram

Is it my connection or is the link slow as hell?

Edit: Seems like it's the links faults as other downloads are doing fine. Could anyone re-upload this to a faster source? I wanna listen to it, seems like a great idea.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@BBQBram said:
" Is it my connection or is the link slow as hell?  Edit: Seems like it's the links faults as other downloads are doing fine. Could anyone re-upload this to a faster source? I wanna listen to it, seems like a great idea. "
@ViciousReiven said:
" Also might I suggest a different host? The speed from the link is atrocious. "
It seems like some people have issues and some people don't. For me, the download speed is acceptable. The host is blip.tv, and I only use them because they're free (obviously) and because I'm cheap I don't want to pay for anything that I can't make money back on. Obviously I can't post ads or anything because then I'd be profiting off content that isn't mine. I'll try to find a different solution, but if one of you guys wants to post the file to something like Mediafire I've got no problem with it. I might do that myself at a later date.

@Vinchenzo said:
" I know I already posted here but I wanted to bump it and say something. I listened to it twice while doing my Zombie Genocider achievement in Dead Rising. It peaked my interest to hear some more classic Hotspot stuff, because I never really listened to it, and so I did some YouTube searches. In somebody's video they used the newer episodes with Tom Mc Shea and all of those people I hate. What I'm trying to say is I hope you don't go into the present, and stop when all of the key problem have gone. Looks like you should only be going into 2007 though so it looks like it'll be fine. "
I've thought about it. At this time I've only got plans for the following:

• The HotSpot through to 2007
  • Giant Bombcast through to 2010
  • 1UP Yours through to 2009 (they either stopped late 2008 or late 2009)
  • The Adam Carolla Show for 2006

I'll probably go back and do the last few years of The HotSpot after, but my immediate goal is to get the best shows out there. I'm also doing recaps for this year as the shows come out. I've noted the best segments, so in December you guys can look forward to clips from great podcasts like Weekend Confirmed, The Adam Carolla Show, Daves of Thunder, The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe, Too Beautiful to Live, the Giant Bombcast, as well as The HotSpot (I agree that 2008 was a bumpy year, but the show is very good as of late).

The reason I'm saying all this is that you should subscribe to the RSS feed now -- dump it into iTunes, whatever -- so you won't have to look for posts and it'll prompt you for this stuff automatically.

RSS me now!

Also, if I can just quickly as for feedback (if anybody's willing to give): how was the clip order? I mean the order the clips were played in. Because I put a lot of thought into it, as in trying to make them flow naturally, especially for the random clips in the last half of the show. Thanks for all the positive feedback so far, folks.
sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By sixghost

The link was fast for the first 4-5 seconds, then slowed to like 25kbs. I thought it was just my connection, but if you just pause and start the download repeatedly it will go much faster.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

(I don't mean to revive the thread, but I need to ask for some feedback so I hope that's okay.)

I've done the recap for The HotSpot 2006, ie. the sequel to this. All I need to do now is to record the voice over. However: the episode is just over eight hours long. 

Eight hours of The HotSpot recap is no problem, but how best should I split this up? I'm thinking into two four hour MP3s. But is there anybody who would vote for four two hour episodes?

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#55  Edited By DjCmeP
@ZanzibarBreeze:  

I think you should split it into 2 hour episodes.
Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Interfect

I'm finding the download speed for this to be really slow. Unlike the 2006 one which was much faster to get.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By linkster7

Thank you man, lotta love for this!

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

GLEN MANCANNON! 

I was listening to parts of this the other day, like people have said certain parts are doubly interesting with hindsight. God, the whole Halo 3 segment about the man-cannon was amazingly funny, I was walking around the city centre at the time trying not to look like a crazy person laughing for no good reason.

Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Orange

This is pretty awesome. I loved listening to these podcasts back in highschool... the good ole' days.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#60  Edited By jacksukeru

Downloadin' :) 

I still miss the intro music from the old hotspot episodes, though it was Midnight Brown music so I guess it went with Jeff. The new song they're using is okay as a song and all it just, doesn't suit my tastes at all. 

Edit: Oh, this was old.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By AuthenticM

I just started listening to the hotspot of 2005. I've got this question: will they ever become longer than 15 minutes?

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By zagzagovich
@ZanzibarBreeze: 
Is it possible to get one 8 hour one as an option?
AllanIceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By AllanIceman

These were the best. Can't wait for the rest! When Rich said he was leaving my heart almost broke. 

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By ArcBorealis

Just started listening to these This Year collections. I was more of an On The Spot watcher than a Hotspot listener, so this was nice to hear the a compilation of the best moments of the podcast.

I'll say, the one thing that kinda disturbed me (if that's the appropriate term) was stuff talking about Jack Thompson and anti-violent video game bills and other bad shit that was going on. Even without listening to a lot of the Hotspot, those type of news stories I remember being a lot more noticeable than they are today. Again, probably due to Jack Thompson being active then. Felt crazy back then, and is kinda weird for me thinking back on that (sorta makes my blood boil thinking that stuff actually happened).

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By I_smell

Wow I'm sure I just saw this thread yesterday... Somehow...

ANYWAY I just listened to the whole Gizmondo saga and oh my god! That is nuts! I wish something that crazy was happening now.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheFreeMan

Oh man, I read Initial Vector when it came out ages ago, despite only having the original game. I haven't touched it since (I was 14?), but good lord it sounds so much worse than I remember and the talk is funny. I never listened to the HotSpot, though now I'm pretty interested.

goombahmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Listening to this on the cusp of a new hardware cycle seems oddly appropriate.