Old Reviews

tronrad9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all, listening to old episodes of the bombcast as I often do and hearing them talk about reviews they’ve recently written. I’ve read older reviews on the site (oddly Alex’s Mafia 3 review comes to mind), but I can’t find really any from the early days of the site. Anyone know if they’re readable anywhere or what the problem could be?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What reviews are you unable to find? Here's Gears of War 2, which is a pretty early one.

Which ones do you think are missing?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ben_H  Online

With how the website is currently structured, the best way to find the site's text review for a game is to check at the top of that game's wiki page. In most cases, a site review for the game will show up there. It's on the at the top of the main wiki page on the right side if you are on desktop. For Mafia 3, if you look on the top right side of the wiki page you'll see "Giant Bomb Review" with a star rating and short summary which if you click on leads to Alex's review.

But yeah, finding old text stuff on the current iteration of the site is a nightmare. It used to be even worse a few years ago. They couldn't even put text articles on the front page for a bit and it took a while for the engineers to add that back once the staff pushed for it. The people in charge at the time basically wanted the site to solely focus on video and unfortunately that's the iteration of the website we've been stuck with for years now. There also was no forum section on the front page at all for a long time, which is a big part of why the forums have slowed down so much. Out of sight, out of mind.

edit: There's also the Reviews section of the Words tab at the top, but it's not searchable and is dozens of pages. If you just want to browse reviews it's fine but if you're looking for something specific the wiki route is the better way to find them. I'm not sure if every single review is there either since there used to be tons of them.